A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
323 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Messenger Style Diaper Bag!(Image Heavy)  (Read 4655 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WhimsyTyme
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005 05:48:10 AM »

WOW!  I have been looking for someting like this to make!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of the textures!

Did you come up with the pattern on your own?  I have a 20 month old and another coming in the next few weeks.  I need something super comfy to carry and your's certainly would fit the bill.  LOVE how the handle does.  Also, with two in diapers, cloth diapers at that, room is especially important as is organization.  I am one of those moms that always has what the other mom runs out of or forgets. Wink

I'd really love to tackle this, but am way to much the novice to attempt without some sort of guide/pattern/tute.

Hmmmm, as for the piping, as I can tell - you either LOVE making it or you HATE making it Tongue

You have really, really done a quite AWESOME bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janetsjunk
Crafty & Artistic Momma

Everything happens for a reason.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005 11:32:32 AM »

That bag is just amazing...the time you spent on it though will show with the time spent using it.  You definitely put a lot of love into it and I commend you for sticking through for it all.  Very professional and it's too bad you won't take a stab at another one...it's awesome!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Autywon

and we'd be like oooh we're in a movie.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005 04:12:01 PM »

oh wow , i luvs it ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

APPLY SOME PRESSUER.
amemm
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005 05:24:05 PM »

That is a GORGEOUS diaper bag!  I don't know any mom who wouldn't love it. You did a beautiful job at putting it together - all that thinking and planning paid off!

Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhimsyTyme
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2005 10:42:01 AM »

I'm still hanging around to find out if you used a pattern, if so, which one.  Or if you came up with this on your own.  I really would like to take a shot at this! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starlene

Feed you purse addiction 24/7!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2005 11:14:21 AM »

I'm still hanging around to find out if you used a pattern, if so, which one. Or if you came up with this on your own. I really would like to take a shot at this! Grin
Sorry, WhimsyTyme, I did not use a pattern.  The shape of this bag was based on a messenger bag that I own.  I had to change most of it to adapt for baby related things and changed how it opens as well.  I think you should try it, just give yourself more time than I gave myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nrsshasta1976

Hello all! I am CRAFTSER addicted!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2005 01:04:13 PM »

wow well done!  i make messenger bags and i just signed up for the baby/kid swap and i am secretly praying that my partner wants a diaper bag!  so much crafty goodness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WhimsyTyme
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2005 02:54:10 PM »

I'm still hanging around to find out if you used a pattern, if so, which one. Or if you came up with this on your own. I really would like to take a shot at this! Grin
Sorry, WhimsyTyme, I did not use a pattern.  The shape of this bag was based on a messenger bag that I own.  I had to change most of it to adapt for baby related things and changed how it opens as well.  I think you should try it, just give yourself more time than I gave myself!

I guess the big thing for me is the strap - can you give any direction on the strap?

Anyone else gonna try this that is good at doing tutes or patterns?  Making up tutes and patterns are really a weakness of mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
muchachaK
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2005 12:22:56 AM »

I made the bias trim - yards and yards of it and ironing the trim was not fun.

OMG I'm cracking up imagining you sewing and folding and ironing and making all that bias tape...I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you.  I love the effect of bias tape but it can be a lot of work Smiley  !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You need a handbag...  www.muchachak.com
WhimsyTyme
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2005 08:12:16 AM »

Okay - I don't want to beat this to death, but I love this and am sooooo severely make my own pattern, fly by the seat of my pants handicapped.

Any suggestions on what tute to use for the bag itself and just add pockets and interfacing?  Any suggestions or anyone making something with this type of comfort strap.

Anyone else tried or trying this?

Thanks for any direction!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Posh Seam Finishes
How to Knit Red Heart Sashay Scarves
How to Crochet Scrap Infinity Scarves
How to Make Your Own Knitting Needles
How to Knit Stargazer Yarn
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...