A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,754
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nightmare before Valentines :-)  (Read 846 times)
Tags for this thread: perler_bead  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlemissmanics
« on: February 14, 2011 07:43:11 AM »

I've nothing as exciting as some peoples Valentines things to show, but I'm quite happy with what I've created this morning.

I've never been a big Valentines person (it's my birthday a couple of days later, and I don't like people wasting money on me so its an awkward week as it is), but as I discovered last year, my OH DOES like Valentines. Every other year I've made him a card, or crocheted something little with embroidery on it, but last year I just didn't. For some reason it just never occurred to me do anything except buy him a card because I knew he'd do the same, but seeing his face when I hadn't made him a card, I made a mental note to maybe try and remember to do it this year. Well, that mental note got a good kick up the backside when I moved in a few months ago!

While rearranging furniture and decorating I found all of the stuff I've made for him in a drawer in his bedside table. Even stupid little notes that I've stuck in his mug just to poke him in the moring when I knew I wasn't going to be there (the drawer even had the couple of slightly water ravaged notes which were almost drowned on the mornings he wasn't fully awake before work and didnt notice the notes til they were swimming!).

Well, now that I've moved out I've realised I no longer have access to my lil'sister card stash, and instead only have my own wool and perler bead collection to attack. So that's what I've done. He's accepted my NBC obsession, and happily watches it with me every other week, and seeing as he even let decorate our bedroom in a grown-up Tim Burton esque way, I decided sticking to the NBC theme would be good. So here it is...my Perler Bead Spiral Hill. Someday we'll find our own hill to walk up :-)

841 beads!

And here's a glimpse of the Tim Burton bedroom. It was beige, cream, grown up and sensible before I moved in...it's now red with little Burton bits sticking out off every shelf and cupboard, and my thundercats blanket :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rock the Statement Coat
How to Rock the Seventies-Inspired Platform Heel
Did Miranda Kerr Have the Most Stylish Weekend Ever?
Rihanna Reveals River Island Holiday Collection
6 Couture NFL Looks for Women
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...