A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Art Quilt Swap 4 (Sign-ups CLOSED, Sendouts April 6)  (Read 41185 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

carrieme
« Reply #500 on: April 05, 2011 01:40:25 PM »

Finished my quilt over the weekend and will be mailing tomorrow! YAY!!  Hoping my partner will love it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop   http://www.carrieme.etsy.com
Wist:  http://www.wists.com/verycarrie
Visit my blog http://sewverycarrie.blogspot.com
pm me if you want to swap!
erica_tattoos
« Reply #501 on: April 05, 2011 08:46:42 PM »

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaahhhhhhhahhhhHHHHHHhhhhhh')!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did it i did it i did it!!!!!!!! hooooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm done.

okay, okay..... i've still gotta put a hanger and a label on it, but the quilt is DONE!!!!! wEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #502 on: April 05, 2011 09:07:53 PM »

Finished and in the mail.  Is this what they call swap anxiety? 

yes that is what that uneasy feeling is..... and you will grow to love it and want more of it! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #503 on: April 05, 2011 09:18:21 PM »

I don't know about the anxiety, but I am certainly ready for the next challenge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
zcrafter

A long, long time ago.....

« Reply #504 on: April 05, 2011 11:12:41 PM »

Sorry I've been so quiet - I've been sick twice in the past month (as has my kiddo, who also has been refusing naps Sad  )
Still, I'm almost done - just a little more quilting and the binding to finish.  The stars finally aligned yesterday and she took a little nap - I ran downstairs to work on the quilt, and of course my sewing machine had a meltdown that took nearly the whole snooze time to fix.  Hopefully it will be finished on time!

OH no, tristitia, it sounds like your plate has been more than full. I hope you and your little one are feeling better. As for the sewing machine meltdown , well, anything mechanical seems to have an evil side. I hope an exorcism won't be needed.

YOUR quilt is finished and ready to go in the mail tomorrow. WHEW! It was close, but I finished up the final stitches and embellishment today. Part of me wants to keep on adding stuff. Part of me says simplicity is a good thing, LOL.

This has been a lot of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tristitia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #505 on: April 06, 2011 04:25:36 AM »

zcrafter, your quilt is done too!  The evil thing in this house is the child - and she decided to give me a good 2 hour break yesterday!
In the interest of finishing on time, I tried a machine binding tutorial I found online, and am not perfectly pleased with how it turned out... but it isn't that bad.  I really admire all you ladies who can stand to hand stitch bindings to full-sized quilts - I don't think I could ever have the patience!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erica_tattoos
« Reply #506 on: April 06, 2011 07:42:25 AM »

ok. all totally really done and finished. packed up and ready to go. well, almost....  the folks at work kindly informed me yesterday that if i stopped at the post office and mailed it on my way into work, i would face a lynching when i got there. seems they've put up with enough of my whining and babbling on for long enough that they feel they're entitled to see the quilt complete before it leaves the country. I guess i understand...  Wink

so i'll take it to work and show it off, and then repack it and have my assistant run it over to the PO this afternoon!

i feel like i'm sending my newborn child off for adoption; it's best if i don't get to look at it too long, i might get attached.... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

« Reply #507 on: April 06, 2011 11:20:33 AM »

okay, okay..... i've still gotta put a hanger and a label on it, but the quilt is DONE!!!!! wEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

LOL! It's funny you said this, because as usual I brought my quilt to the studio today to get a good shot of it before it goes. Then I realise after all that work, I didn't create a way to hang it! hahaha! So instead of going to the post office on my lunch break (now), I'll be taking it back home at 8pm, adding the spot for hanging it (doh! XD), then RUNNING off to the post office before it closes at 9.

I am a silly face.

Annnnnny way. I'm SUPER happy with how this turned out! I didn't mention this, but I was getting so displeased with how it was working... that half way through I completely scrapped it ALL and started from scratch. Now that I've gone with my secondary theme in mind, I think it's much more to your taste Erica, and I also feel the quality of what I have now is better. I was attempting a type of fabric that was new to me, and it just didn't have that polished look. Now that I've restarted and finished it, I'm super happy with it. I tried some new techniques, went away from my typical style a bit, and really worked hard to make something that I think will find a proud spot in your home. Smiley I hope. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011 11:21:56 AM by Retro_Rose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amalgam
« Reply #508 on: April 06, 2011 11:46:37 AM »

I ended up only getting about four hours of sleep because I was working on the quilt for mandys_momma. After all that work, I find that I measured four of the patches wrong and I didn't have time to re-cut them. I was trying to make this quilt reversible, so technically I already had a quilt top done, so I that was a blessing in disguise. I found some suitable fabric that was already washed in my stash to use as backing,quilted it, and finished the quilt. By then it was 7am (I work at night). I slept for a couple hours, bought an envelope at Wal-Mart, and shipped this morning before going to bed for a couple more hours. I had such lofty goals for this quilt. Although I think it looks nice, I feel like it's going to pale in comparison to all the rockin' quilts in the gallery.Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #509 on: April 06, 2011 12:22:23 PM »

Oh what a relief it is!  And, honey, I'm not talking Alka Seltzer or Rolaids!  Got my package mailed, and hope the government does not "shut down" before it is delivered!  Now I'm not political, but this sounds ridiculous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Choosing the Right Fit for Your Body
How to Rock the Logomania Trend
Get a Casual Malibu Look on a Budget
Behind the Scenes of Laura’s Prom Makeover
Angelina Jolie Goes to the Dark Side
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...