A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Art Quilt Swap 4 (Sign-ups CLOSED, Sendouts April 6)  (Read 33367 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

erica_tattoos
« Reply #490 on: April 04, 2011 10:07:24 PM »

Holy cow Erica! I'm impressed at how much effort you've put in! This is going to be a great swap!!

I believe you're going to have an amazing finished piece. And I hope the finished piece that I make will make you happy too.

hahaha..... as my mom likes to say, it's not dedication, it's stubbornness!   Roll Eyes
and yes, as much as i b*#ch and moan, it's gonna be awesome! (i hope!)  Cheesy
and i have no doubt that what you make me will be awesome!
and i would give my left foot (to be honest, i never really liked that one anyway Wink) to have your skills with a sewing machine....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #491 on: April 05, 2011 03:18:51 AM »

I didn't feel very good last night so went to bed at 8...woke up just after midnight and have been working on my quilt! I've got 3/4 of the base finished, then need to decide if I'm doing any more embellishments. I had an idea for something but not sure if I can do it. The quilting/binding is always the quickest part for me, so once I've got this last little bit done I'll feel home free. Yeah, I work best under pressure (that sounds better than Queen Procrastinator, right?) Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 3/19

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
tristitia

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #492 on: April 05, 2011 04:55:13 AM »

Sorry I've been so quiet - I've been sick twice in the past month (as has my kiddo, who also has been refusing naps Sad  )
Still, I'm almost done - just a little more quilting and the binding to finish.  The stars finally aligned yesterday and she took a little nap - I ran downstairs to work on the quilt, and of course my sewing machine had a meltdown that took nearly the whole snooze time to fix.  Hopefully it will be finished on time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #493 on: April 05, 2011 06:12:11 AM »

Holy cow Erica! I'm impressed at how much effort you've put in! This is going to be a great swap!!

I believe you're going to have an amazing finished piece. And I hope the finished piece that I make will make you happy too.

hahaha..... as my mom likes to say, it's not dedication, it's stubbornness!   Roll Eyes
and yes, as much as i b*#ch and moan, it's gonna be awesome! (i hope!)  Cheesy
and i have no doubt that what you make me will be awesome!
and i would give my left foot (to be honest, i never really liked that one anyway Wink) to have your skills with a sewing machine....

You are way too sweet. I hope I live up to your expectations... I have a little swap anxiety now!

I actually didn't get much sleep last night, no idea why. It's now 9am on my day off. Even on work days I sleep til 10. Soooo I'm doing my last bits today! I think by last bits I'll actually be giving the complete day to it, because there always seems to be a new "last bit" if ya know what I mean! haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #494 on: April 05, 2011 06:58:17 AM »

CHECKING IN: Today shall be an all day mini quilt finish-a-thon.  I just can't get it to look quite right...or how I want it to look.  So off craftster, dinner in the crockpot and off to quilt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erica_tattoos
« Reply #495 on: April 05, 2011 09:54:19 AM »

...there always seems to be a new "last bit" if ya know what I mean! haha.

oh yes, i know..... i think if you put the vote out on that, it would be unanimous!!!

i will be finishing tonight or tomorrow morning if it kills me!!!!  Cheesy Huh Cheesy Tongue Roll Eyes Grin
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011 09:59:09 AM by erica_tattoos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurplePaisley
« Reply #496 on: April 05, 2011 10:06:24 AM »

This Swap was so much fun. I now have a new craft under my belt. I cant wait for the next one to appear. Im so In!!!! My thoughts were running wild, As I was constructing my MAQ I kept coming up with more idea's, and even after sending it more were coming into my brain. I so look forward to the next time this SWAP comes up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
waggonswest

« Reply #497 on: April 05, 2011 10:24:23 AM »

Finished and in the mail.  Is this what they call swap anxiety? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
rosyposie
« Reply #498 on: April 05, 2011 10:44:46 AM »

just attached my hanging device, packed it up and it is ready to go in the mail tomorrow on my way to work.

I feel at a loss not having this project to work away at anymore...but there are plenty of to-do's that I can get started on, it is just a matter of starting. 

I really hope PurplePaisley likes it, it was so fun, but I struggled a lot wondering if I was satisfying her wishes in my creation.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
margiej
« Reply #499 on: April 05, 2011 12:41:52 PM »

Rosyposie, I know what you mean!  It is a sort of a let down to know a project is "Done".  I finished today too, and am letting it hang pinned to the curtain for awhile before I pack it up and say goodbye.  I just like to look at it a few more times, I guess.  I keep thinking, well I could add a bit more grass, or something, but I think I will let it stand as is.  I just hope my partner likes it as much as I do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/margiej
Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Frank Lipman Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
The Wyrm King Book Trailer
Sherri Browning Erwin Talks About Jane Slayre
Virginia DeBerry and Donna Grant Talks About Uptown
The Opposite of Me Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...