A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Art Quilt Swap 4 (Sign-ups CLOSED, Sendouts April 6)  (Read 40087 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

erica_tattoos
« Reply #490 on: April 04, 2011 10:07:24 PM »

Holy cow Erica! I'm impressed at how much effort you've put in! This is going to be a great swap!!

I believe you're going to have an amazing finished piece. And I hope the finished piece that I make will make you happy too.

hahaha..... as my mom likes to say, it's not dedication, it's stubbornness!   Roll Eyes
and yes, as much as i b*#ch and moan, it's gonna be awesome! (i hope!)  Cheesy
and i have no doubt that what you make me will be awesome!
and i would give my left foot (to be honest, i never really liked that one anyway Wink) to have your skills with a sewing machine....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #491 on: April 05, 2011 03:18:51 AM »

I didn't feel very good last night so went to bed at 8...woke up just after midnight and have been working on my quilt! I've got 3/4 of the base finished, then need to decide if I'm doing any more embellishments. I had an idea for something but not sure if I can do it. The quilting/binding is always the quickest part for me, so once I've got this last little bit done I'll feel home free. Yeah, I work best under pressure (that sounds better than Queen Procrastinator, right?) Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
tristitia

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #492 on: April 05, 2011 04:55:13 AM »

Sorry I've been so quiet - I've been sick twice in the past month (as has my kiddo, who also has been refusing naps Sad  )
Still, I'm almost done - just a little more quilting and the binding to finish.  The stars finally aligned yesterday and she took a little nap - I ran downstairs to work on the quilt, and of course my sewing machine had a meltdown that took nearly the whole snooze time to fix.  Hopefully it will be finished on time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #493 on: April 05, 2011 06:12:11 AM »

Holy cow Erica! I'm impressed at how much effort you've put in! This is going to be a great swap!!

I believe you're going to have an amazing finished piece. And I hope the finished piece that I make will make you happy too.

hahaha..... as my mom likes to say, it's not dedication, it's stubbornness!   Roll Eyes
and yes, as much as i b*#ch and moan, it's gonna be awesome! (i hope!)  Cheesy
and i have no doubt that what you make me will be awesome!
and i would give my left foot (to be honest, i never really liked that one anyway Wink) to have your skills with a sewing machine....

You are way too sweet. I hope I live up to your expectations... I have a little swap anxiety now!

I actually didn't get much sleep last night, no idea why. It's now 9am on my day off. Even on work days I sleep til 10. Soooo I'm doing my last bits today! I think by last bits I'll actually be giving the complete day to it, because there always seems to be a new "last bit" if ya know what I mean! haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #494 on: April 05, 2011 06:58:17 AM »

CHECKING IN: Today shall be an all day mini quilt finish-a-thon.  I just can't get it to look quite right...or how I want it to look.  So off craftster, dinner in the crockpot and off to quilt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erica_tattoos
« Reply #495 on: April 05, 2011 09:54:19 AM »

...there always seems to be a new "last bit" if ya know what I mean! haha.

oh yes, i know..... i think if you put the vote out on that, it would be unanimous!!!

i will be finishing tonight or tomorrow morning if it kills me!!!!  Cheesy Huh Cheesy Tongue Roll Eyes Grin
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011 09:59:09 AM by erica_tattoos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurplePaisley
« Reply #496 on: April 05, 2011 10:06:24 AM »

This Swap was so much fun. I now have a new craft under my belt. I cant wait for the next one to appear. Im so In!!!! My thoughts were running wild, As I was constructing my MAQ I kept coming up with more idea's, and even after sending it more were coming into my brain. I so look forward to the next time this SWAP comes up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
waggonswest

« Reply #497 on: April 05, 2011 10:24:23 AM »

Finished and in the mail.  Is this what they call swap anxiety? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
rosyposie
« Reply #498 on: April 05, 2011 10:44:46 AM »

just attached my hanging device, packed it up and it is ready to go in the mail tomorrow on my way to work.

I feel at a loss not having this project to work away at anymore...but there are plenty of to-do's that I can get started on, it is just a matter of starting. 

I really hope PurplePaisley likes it, it was so fun, but I struggled a lot wondering if I was satisfying her wishes in my creation.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
margiej
« Reply #499 on: April 05, 2011 12:41:52 PM »

Rosyposie, I know what you mean!  It is a sort of a let down to know a project is "Done".  I finished today too, and am letting it hang pinned to the curtain for awhile before I pack it up and say goodbye.  I just like to look at it a few more times, I guess.  I keep thinking, well I could add a bit more grass, or something, but I think I will let it stand as is.  I just hope my partner likes it as much as I do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Mix High-End Designers with Great Vintage Finds
How to Go from a Day to Night Look in 60 Seconds
Top 3 Ways to Wear Camel
The Debutante Ball 2013: Party at the Automobile Club in Paris
Save or Spend: Holiday Edition Part 3
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...