A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Art Quilt Swap 4 (Sign-ups CLOSED, Sendouts April 6)  (Read 43271 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: March 06, 2011 11:36:35 AM »

I'm curious.  Will most of you make "traditional" type quilts, with pieced blocks, or will they be more "picture" type quilts?  I favor the picture type, which I tend to do more as applique. 
I'm doing a combo. Grin

I have a question for everyone. Is anyone using a pattern or is everyone designing a custom quilt?
custom

did I mention I finally settled on a design Cool  ...next exciting step, fabric shopping!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011 11:38:29 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: March 06, 2011 12:43:38 PM »

I picked a square I love from one of my patchwork books, and then played with it until I got a layout I like. I'm using that as hte base, but I'm tinking about all sorts of awesome embelishments for it. We'll see how it comes together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: March 06, 2011 01:03:17 PM »

as i was pulling stash for another swap project i found three fabrics just perfect for adding to my art quilt. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
lacey0828
« Reply #203 on: March 06, 2011 03:49:24 PM »

Mine will be more of a picture quilt. It will be custom. I can not draw for the life of me, so everytime I need a picture of a certain animal, or tree, or whatever I'm doing for a certain project, I find one on google, and blow it up on the xerox machine at work until it's the right size. So, it's almost a cheating way of custom I think Smiley But, what can you do when you have no artistic ability with a pen or pencil.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

margiej
« Reply #204 on: March 06, 2011 05:25:59 PM »

Exactly!  I find an image I like, adjust the size and trace it off my computer screen with a pencil and paper.  Don't have a printer, rats!  Oh well, it sort of works pretty good, because I sure can't draw!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
amalgam
« Reply #205 on: March 06, 2011 06:46:39 PM »

I can't seem to put my finger down on a specific concept for my MAQ. I've got some more brainstorming to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zcrafter

A long, long time ago.....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #206 on: March 06, 2011 07:43:01 PM »

I'd say mine is going to be a custom design. Odd, strange, unique...any synonym you might think of would probably fit. Tomorrow is experimentation day, so we'll seeeeeeeee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

keeperrox
« Reply #207 on: March 06, 2011 08:02:20 PM »

Fabric and other elements have been purchased.  I somehow forgot to get batting, though.  Duh.  The batting I have in my stash is not poofy enough for this application, so I suppose I'll have to make it back out to the store at some point soon.  I'll have to concentrate on piecing (I've, yet again, switched directions) the top in the meantime.  Once the batting is acquired, the real challenge begins!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tristitia

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2011 04:05:00 AM »

My background is all pieced together and finished, but I've suffered my first failure on the applique/embellishment front.  I'm going to try again before I start to plot out plan B...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2011 06:06:16 AM »

I can't seem to put my finger down on a specific concept for my MAQ. I've got some more brainstorming to do.

Don't worry. You're not alone. I'm still brainstorming too. I have an idea but it's just not coming totally together yet.

I'm off to see the Picasso exhibit at the VMFA this morning. Maybe I'll be inspired Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sushi: How to Make Pickled Ginger
How to Cut Fish for Sashimi
How to Prepare a Sushi Plate
Making Tuna Maki
Making Wasabi
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...