A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Art Quilt Swap 4 (Sign-ups CLOSED, Sendouts April 6)  (Read 39043 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zcrafter

A long, long time ago.....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #480 on: April 03, 2011 10:34:23 PM »

i am hoping hoping hoping i  can conquer the remainder of this quilt in the next two days.... you know that expression "my eyes were bigger than my stomach"? well, i think in the planning stage of this whole shindig my ambitions got too big for reality!!!
Oh, my god, I feel ya!
I'm in a bit of a panic at the moment, also thinking "Why, why, why did I think I had enough time for this?"
[/quote]

I third that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stifflersmom
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 04, 2011 07:58:04 AM »

Just checked on my DC#, and my quilt made it to Stifflersmom this morning! Woot!

It arrived and it's all posted up on the gallery! It's fantastic!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
keeperrox
« Reply #482 on: April 04, 2011 12:57:42 PM »

i am hoping hoping hoping i  can conquer the remainder of this quilt in the next two days.... you know that expression "my eyes were bigger than my stomach"? well, i think in the planning stage of this whole shindig my ambitions got too big for reality!!!
Oh, my god, I feel ya!
I'm in a bit of a panic at the moment, also thinking "Why, why, why did I think I had enough time for this?"

I third that.

Fourthed
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011 12:58:15 PM by keeperrox » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: April 04, 2011 01:15:52 PM »

Ah- I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one freaking out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
margiej
« Reply #484 on: April 04, 2011 01:54:20 PM »

I'm still working away, putting on embelishments and then removing them!  I never know how things will end up, I just have to trust instinct on when to say "enough".
My tree has had 3 sets of leaves this year already, and I just "mowed" a bunch of bushes and weeds off my quilt.  Took the scissors to the side and bottom, and it is better proportioned now too.  This really is a learning process.  But I feel like I am wearing a dunce cap today! Undecided Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
margiej
« Reply #485 on: April 04, 2011 04:33:47 PM »

I know I seem to have a lot of gab today, but I just "finished" the art-part of my quilt (I think), pinned it to the curtain to study it for a while, and I think I really like it!  It turned out like I saw it in my mind, almost...well, my mind is flighty, to say the least, but I amazed myself! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Tomarrow I will put the batting in and backing on, stitch a bit so it can qualify as a "quilt", and bind it up. 

Yeah. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
erica_tattoos
« Reply #486 on: April 04, 2011 05:23:12 PM »

hoooooo-kay.... let's see if i can whine a bit without giving too much away...  Smiley

so miss retro_rose already knows that her quilt will be long and thin.... in addition to that, there is some structural stuff going on on the edges that makes things..... complicated. i decided that traditional binding would interfere with the "look" i was going for, but that meant that i really needed to build/bind before i got to the actual quilting part.

soooooo...... in that special way i have of getting myself into sticky situations by trying to be "clever", i decided that the quilt was narrow enough that it wouldn't matter too much if i bound first and then quilted. not so clever after all.....  Roll Eyes i didn't take into account that the fabric of the quilt face has much more give that the backing, so by the time i'd run it thru ye aulde quilt frame a time or two to finish the binding part the front would be much looser than the back... grrr.... again, not so clever after all... Sad

as a result, i've been stitching stitching stitching my hiney off doing the quilting stitches really tight and close together because i'm neurotic and didn't want the front to look too "bulgey". ahhhhhh the things we do to ourselves to "fix" the boo-boos we made trying to take the easy way out.... (well the perceived easiest way taken to avoid the easiest easiest way which wouldn't be the "look" i wanted....)  Wink AND to complicate matters i'm using a kind of thread i've never used before, and it's a bit more..... challenging than i anticipated.  Roll Eyes

aaaaaaanyways..... i'm almost almost almost done with the quilting. maybe 2 or 3 hours left. that's just one movie!  Cheesy i finally feel like there's a light at the end of the tunnel! hooray!!!!

then it's just a label and figuring out how to hang this bad boy and attaching the appropriate device.... i might survive this thing after all.....
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

« Reply #487 on: April 04, 2011 05:48:54 PM »

I absolutely LOVE this one part that I accomplished just now.... oh MareMare.... you are going to LOVE this!!! hehehehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #488 on: April 04, 2011 05:52:47 PM »

Yay! i'm so 'cited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

« Reply #489 on: April 04, 2011 07:05:02 PM »

Holy cow Erica! I'm impressed at how much effort you've put in! This is going to be a great swap!!

I believe you're going to have an amazing finished piece. And I hope the finished piece that I make will make you happy too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Vegetarian Chi Qua Soup
How to Make Vegetarian Fried Kuay Diu Part 1/2
How to Make Vegetarian Fried Kuay Diu Part 2/2
How to Make Tofu Fried Rice
How to Make Spicy Sweet and Sour Mock Chicken Stir Fry
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...