A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,509
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Art Quilt Swap 4 (Sign-ups CLOSED, Sendouts April 6)  (Read 39718 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: March 09, 2011 11:56:10 AM »

well, i got a miserable night's sleep last night, thanks to you guys. i decided i wasn't gonna get carried away and stay up till 3 or 4 am like i usually do when i first get moving on a project; i was gonna be a good girl and go to bed at midnight whether i wanted to or not. unfortunately, it made no difference! i went to bed like a good girl and then spent all night with my brain sewing and piecing and embellishing and applique-ing and everything else!   Roll Eyes

next time i'll just stay up so late that i'm too tired to toss and turn like that. at least when i'm exhausted at work the next day i'll have a sense of accomplishment to justify it!!!

Wink

I've soooo done this before too!

count me in there too... tho this one dances in my head all the time. doing dishes, walking the track lying in bed.  now im done one item for another swap im gonna break out the paper pattern and scissors and go this afternoon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #241 on: March 09, 2011 06:15:05 PM »

I have a swap partner so into this swap, that she isn't posting a teaser picture, she's sending me a teaser swatch!!

How cool is that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: March 09, 2011 06:37:12 PM »

Whoa, how fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
lacey0828
« Reply #243 on: March 09, 2011 07:05:29 PM »

Fabric came in the mail today and I'm off tomorrow. How perfect is that?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

« Reply #244 on: March 09, 2011 07:38:31 PM »

Pretty perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zcrafter

A long, long time ago.....

« Reply #245 on: March 09, 2011 10:54:49 PM »

I hit pay dirt. Found some fabric I forgot I had that will be perfect for this project. Went to Goodwill and scored a sweater with sweet embellishments that I can use. Bookmarked an inspiring photo.

So the plan is in place. Now all I need is a few hours to get it in motion. This is going to be soooo much fun. I love the creative aspect of making an art quilt. There are no limits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theballandskein
Love personal swaps!!!!!

If Crafting didn't exist ....I'd be really bored!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2011 12:20:28 AM »

I am pretty close to being done ... got a few tweeks and add ons still to do....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erica_tattoos
« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2011 06:16:19 AM »

finished the main part of the front panel last night. slept restless again last night, got up around 5 this morning to wander a bit and went back online to examine my reference material again for lack of something better to do - came up with a plan how to do the last parts of the piecing for the front panel that i wasn't sure how i was going to pull it off.... happy now, feel like i've got this thing figured out!  i've got the kids off to school now and i'm really tempted to get back to work on this bad boy, but i know if i don't at least TRY to get a few more hours of sleep before work i'm gonna be a miserable grumpy b@#*! at work today.

in other news - anybody else kinda nervous about putting an intricate hand-pieced quilt-top now largely held together by sweat, spit, and heat-bond into an embroidery hoop? i've got one of the big oval quilt hoops i can use, but i've got a couple different types of fabric going here and i'm afraid they won't stretch evenly and i'm gonna end up with weird bulgy spots. i'd love to have a small quilter's frame for this project, but the craft/fabric store is really prohibitively far away. anybody got any pointers on how to make a make-do version for yourself or know of a tute for one you can point me in the direction of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waggonswest

« Reply #248 on: March 10, 2011 08:03:27 AM »

I've seen them made from pvc pipe.  The frame is one size and the 'clips' are cut sections of pipe a size or two bigger.  They are split open lengthwise and seem to fit over the pipes in the frame and hold the quilt that way. 

My grandmother's frame was made of two by fours and was huge.  But she stapled strips of my grandfather's worn out flannel night shirts to the inside to form a flap.  Then she pinned the quilt layers to the flannel to stretch it.  You could do something similar with a picture frame perhaps. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
margiej
« Reply #249 on: March 10, 2011 10:33:19 AM »

Surprise to me!  I have one of those plastic things made out of white pipe that I got in a swap last year and didn't have a clue what it did!  I also have one of those oval wood hoop things on a stand, also did not know what to do with it.  Too bad you don't live close to Pensacola, I'd give you either/both.  But I can describe the pipe thing if you want to construct one... it looks simple enough. 
Of course, having these "tools" doesn't mean I have done any thing on my quilt, other than draw off some pictures!  I need to get my self in gear!  Especially since I also need to do some little dresses for my g'dau for her b'day at end of month! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Caribbean Halibut
Chocolate Sticky Buns by Chef Jehangir Mehta at Graffiti
Snow Crab Legs
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Chili Honey Short Ribs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...