A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
723 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Art Quilt Swap 4 (Sign-ups CLOSED, Sendouts April 6)  (Read 39781 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2011 08:00:33 AM »

i get to go to the fabric store!!!  this is going to be a very touchable quilt, silk, suede, tulle,felt,cotton, and possibly even some corduroy....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
megstar
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2011 08:50:30 AM »

i think i have it narrowed down.  and hubby last night made some suggestions that will knock it out of the park, now i need to learn how to do one thing and buy some starch and not giggle like a crazy person every time i see the finished product in my head.
i'm getting so excited!  have a great picture in my head for you too, can't wait to hit the fabric store on saturday and PLAY  Grin

this is just my first swap, but already i can totally understand how one could get addicted to doing these, so fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

an anthem = the bottom of an ant's pants Smiley
lacey0828
« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2011 10:26:03 AM »

I think I've decided on the theme. I looked at some fabric online and actually think I found some really good ones. I figure if I order it, I can finish my other swaps so when I get the fabric I will be able to focus completly on this one. The picture in my head is awesome and it will be fun and challanging since I haven't tried anything like this. Can't wait to really get started.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2011 11:20:37 AM »

Gaaaawwww! I forgot to buy stabilizer!!!! BALKSJDV;IHEIINN!!!!!!! Back I go tonight after work.

Poop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theballandskein
Love personal swaps!!!!!

If Crafting didn't exist ....I'd be really bored!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2011 11:31:49 AM »

planning and design is finished now for fabric hunting .....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

keeperrox
« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2011 02:58:19 PM »

Well, I have my back up MAQ all planned! I came up with a pretty cool idea (at least I think so) that would perfectly fit in one of margiej's themes PLUS 3d elements, but hubby said it wasn't "quilt-ish" enough, so I scrapped it.  I'll keep it on the back burner, though, just in case I can't come up with anything else. Sad

I do have a technique that I really want to use, but I can't figure out how to make it work with one of her themes.   I'm off to look at more inspiration, I guess.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
margiej
« Reply #156 on: March 02, 2011 03:25:23 PM »

I'm amazed some of you have already planned and designed your quilts!  For inspiration, I keep reviewing past galleries and looked up Mini-Art Quilts on Flicker.  There are tons of ideas there! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: March 02, 2011 04:17:48 PM »

i am (for the first time ever) documenting all my progressions.  from the chicken scratch scrawl i banged out this morning... (but hubby could see my vision) right thru to completion... its is gonna be so cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
waggonswest

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #158 on: March 02, 2011 05:17:51 PM »

What a great idea Sloth.  A bunch of quilt blogs I've been reading lately are all about the process.  It will be cool to see how the plans change over time.  I've got my basic idea set but like the rest, I've got to see if I can get some of the tricky elements to work.  It will be fun. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
amalgam
« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2011 12:34:30 AM »

Wow. So much brainstorming going on here. I have half of an idea of what I want to do, but I can't think of what I want for the other half. I need to go through my fabric stash and quilting books for some more inspiration...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have an UFO(Unfinished Object) that you want to see get done? Join the Finish My UFO Swap! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=433415.0#axzz31MVlWM80

http://www.wists.com/liko_2000
http://pinterest.com/liko_2000
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Super Bowl Party Food - Part 1 of 2
Spicy Guacamole
How to Cook Caribbean Halibut
Chocolate Sticky Buns by Chef Jehangir Mehta at Graffiti
Snow Crab Legs
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...