A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 3 New Necklaces! (6 pictures)  (Read 1997 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« on: February 13, 2011 02:08:47 PM »

Hi all,

I've been hard at work and thought I'd post some new pictures of what I've created lately.  I would love to get feedback on what you do or don't like.  Thanks!

1)  Chinese Themed Necklace-  I orginally planned to have this finished by Chinese New Year, but that didn't happen.  I also wanted to have some Chinese themed charms (coin, dragonfly, etc) hanging under the flower, but I decided that there was enough going on already and charms would make it too crowded.  The flower is a camillia, red seed beads with gold stamen topped with little gold-plated metal beads.  I used all glass beads (and more gold-plated metal beads) in reds and blacks.  3 is a very lucky number in the Chinese culture, so I made 3 strands and grouped many of the beads in 3s. 

2) Modern Pear Tree Blossoms-  One of my bosses commissioned me to make a necklace for her.  She wanted it to be symmetrical and black/white.  I like to keep flowers in natural colors, and black/white flowers are hard to find, but I found these beautiful little pear blossoms. The strung section is white quartz with czech glass and silver spacers.  I love the way it turned out- modern, yet classic.  It's the perfect replacement for a boring strand of pearls with a little black dress.

3) Calla Lily and Pearls-  At my local bead store, I found these itty bitty teeny tiny real pearls, and I knew I had to use them.  Making a lifesize beaded calla lily is incredibly hard, but I really enjoyed making this mini one.  I used more pearls for the necklace portion, czech glass, and gold-plated beads for the stamen and in the necklace. 

Which is your favorite? What flowers would you like me to feature next? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

buffalogirl

Gotta love it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011 03:38:03 PM »

I really like the middle one, as well as the first one.  The middle one is very classy. The Calla Lilly seems very regal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011 02:50:01 AM »

They are beautiful!
The middle one is my favorite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carmencrafter
No one can make it better than you can

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011 06:22:33 AM »

These necklaces are beautiful and so well made. I really love the 3rd one with the Calla Lily.  Have you made any jewelry with orchids as the feature?  I would love to see that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Surround yourself with beautiful things!!

Bernie Lomax died for your sins!
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011 04:08:22 PM »

Very nice work. I have to say the Calla is my favorite, but I love all lilies. I also like how the pearl strands drape to frame the flower. I also appreciate the symbolism you put into the Chinese themed one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011 04:53:40 PM »

Thanks for your feedback, everyone! 

carmencrafter, I haven't featured an orchid yet, but I really want to!  I have been working on developing a pattern that does justice to the unique beauty of orchids.  Do you have a favorite type?

Those of you who like the middle one best, I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would because there's no color.  It's hard to notice, but I actually used 4 different types of white beads for the flowers to add texture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011 08:56:22 PM »

a fav --- oh my!  I just would not be able to choose.  They are all so beautiful.  thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
maxxev
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011 10:24:49 PM »

Shocked wow!

im in love the pear blossoms! such a gorgeous design! i love the colours of your chinese necklace. i think it looks perfect without the charms Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011 05:33:37 PM »

The funny thing about the pear blossom necklace is that I was really worried about making it.  I love using color, so I didn't know how I'd make something spectacular with just black and white.  I ended up LOVING it though.  I'll have to make one for me. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nytekat
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011 06:57:35 PM »

I really love how you put your french beaded flowers into jewelry.  I would love it if you could show the back of some of the flowers or give a few hints on how you smooth out the wires.  I also make french beaded flowers and would love to know how you did it. 
I'm absolutely in love with your calla lily!  I think I want to make something similar!  Spring is coming.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Do Mind Games Work?
Murderous Minds
Dean Haycock Discusses The Science Of Psychopaths
Why Are There More Suicides in the Spring?
The Hidden Scars Of Cancer: Families Struggle With Post-Traumatic Stress
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...