A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,528
Currently Running With Scissors:
393 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Ostara Basket Round 26 (SU 2-13-11 to 2-20-11, SO 3-11-11)  (Read 9656 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Radmom
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2011 07:51:00 AM »

Wulf, I would suspect that you just measure your entire waist. I would do a full belt for everyday use, but use the corset style for steam punk or victorian styled attire.

I go to a bin style Goodwill, whichbeverything is sold by the pound. Great way to upcycle a new idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandykaye
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2011 12:03:52 PM »

Going to a new crystal shop tonight! Its been open for awhile but its the first time I actually have some extra money! Yay! Of course, the reason I'm going there is for an extra for the swap but if I happen to pick up some other stuff for myself...purely coincidental lol! That's what I'll tell the hubby lol! Wink Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2011 12:10:18 PM »

I do that too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2011 02:20:56 PM »

I am ready to pack it up and send it out.  I plan to send either Friday or Tuesday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grimmscreed
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2011 02:26:20 PM »

I have two items done, including my basket!  But I've got a couple of other small things I want to toss in, so I'm not ready to send yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/grimmscreed

Swaps:
WWP Ostara Basket Round 26: Sent and received!
Craft with a Fat Quarter: Stalking and plotting
Givers and Needers Round 9: Packages sent to both of my needers!
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2011 05:14:55 PM »

You're absolutely right, Radmom. If I'm making the belt for myself I can just make it to fit and there's no need for adjustment of any kind. I particularly like the pointy bellows pockets.

I went downtown at lunch today to the one shop that I thought would have the three things I was looking for. They had only one of them, but it was only $1, so I guess it was worth the trip. I'll have to wait for Saturday so I can go to "House of Embroideries and Crafts", which is a Philippine craft shop in my area. She'll have what I'm looking for, I'm sure!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Radmom
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2011 07:01:49 PM »

I got the basket done, and a few things to put in it. I  have one more item to finish and one to attempt befoe sending out on Friday.

Oh on a personal craft I am making myself... I cannot wait until it is done to show you. I love finding denim jackets at thrift stores and making them my own artistic outwardly expression of my beliefs.

So keep a look out from me posting link when it is all done. I tend to have ideas that i never get around to for lack of esteem. The gods have ler me see the error of that way of thinking and I now have firm grasp of what I need to do.

Love and Light my crafting covenmates )0(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2011 08:21:07 PM »

On a related somewhat note:

I'm finally thinking of getting my butt in gear and finally set up my new altar....feeling a bit lost without it. I haven't set up anything permanent since moving..

Anyone care to weigh in on what direction it should face? North best? East?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
RippledWater
Let me sashay your tightroped mind

"That costs how much?!! Psh! I could make that!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2011 11:38:02 AM »

So I get a day off coming up on Saturday from crzy job 2. I shall be fininshing up some crafting them. Package still isn't completely done though. I need to find a basket too. The one I want to make probably won't work out too well. I have to do a test run first.  Wink

Congrats Whileitsraining. She's so beautiful!!!!

And HG I've heard it should face North or be in the center of your circle. Personally, mine moves around a bit depending on the arrangement of the room and what I feel fits it best. I've had it in every direction except south so far. That's probably the next place for it I guess lol. I think right now it's facing East. I say whatever feels best to you. Maybe set it up for a day and see how it feels and then move it untilm it feel just right. Not sure if this helps at all lol.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar!
grimmscreed
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2011 11:53:21 AM »

Personally, my altar faces east.  That is because the only window in the room in which I wanted to have my altar faces east, and I like having my altar in front of a window.   Wink  Experiment! See what feels right, and don't be a slave to correspondences and tradition (unless that's really important to you, in which case go for it!) at the expense of your own experience and practicality!  And maybe a post a picture once it's set up?  I love looking at people's altars.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/grimmscreed

Swaps:
WWP Ostara Basket Round 26: Sent and received!
Craft with a Fat Quarter: Stalking and plotting
Givers and Needers Round 9: Packages sent to both of my needers!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Celebrity Beauty Looks
Best & Worst Style
How to Cover Under Eye Circles
Product Review: NARS Satin Lip Pencil
Product Review: Elf Vs. Stila Eyeshadow Crayons
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...