A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,396
Currently Running With Scissors:
324 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Ostara Basket Round 26 (SU 2-13-11 to 2-20-11, SO 3-11-11)  (Read 15394 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2011 07:51:00 AM »

Wulf, I would suspect that you just measure your entire waist. I would do a full belt for everyday use, but use the corset style for steam punk or victorian styled attire.

I go to a bin style Goodwill, whichbeverything is sold by the pound. Great way to upcycle a new idea.

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2011 12:03:52 PM »

Going to a new crystal shop tonight! Its been open for awhile but its the first time I actually have some extra money! Yay! Of course, the reason I'm going there is for an extra for the swap but if I happen to pick up some other stuff for myself...purely coincidental lol! That's what I'll tell the hubby lol! Wink Cheesy

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2011 12:10:18 PM »

I do that too!

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2011 02:20:56 PM »

I am ready to pack it up and send it out.  I plan to send either Friday or Tuesday!

« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2011 02:26:20 PM »

I have two items done, including my basket!  But I've got a couple of other small things I want to toss in, so I'm not ready to send yet.

WWP Ostara Basket Round 26: Sent and received!
Craft with a Fat Quarter: Stalking and plotting
Givers and Needers Round 9: Packages sent to both of my needers!
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2011 05:14:55 PM »

You're absolutely right, Radmom. If I'm making the belt for myself I can just make it to fit and there's no need for adjustment of any kind. I particularly like the pointy bellows pockets.

I went downtown at lunch today to the one shop that I thought would have the three things I was looking for. They had only one of them, but it was only $1, so I guess it was worth the trip. I'll have to wait for Saturday so I can go to "House of Embroideries and Crafts", which is a Philippine craft shop in my area. She'll have what I'm looking for, I'm sure!

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2011 07:01:49 PM »

I got the basket done, and a few things to put in it. I  have one more item to finish and one to attempt befoe sending out on Friday.

Oh on a personal craft I am making myself... I cannot wait until it is done to show you. I love finding denim jackets at thrift stores and making them my own artistic outwardly expression of my beliefs.

So keep a look out from me posting link when it is all done. I tend to have ideas that i never get around to for lack of esteem. The gods have ler me see the error of that way of thinking and I now have firm grasp of what I need to do.

Love and Light my crafting covenmates )0(

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2011 08:21:07 PM »

On a related somewhat note:

I'm finally thinking of getting my butt in gear and finally set up my new altar....feeling a bit lost without it. I haven't set up anything permanent since moving..

Anyone care to weigh in on what direction it should face? North best? East?

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
Let me sashay your tightroped mind

"That costs how much?!! Psh! I could make that!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2011 11:38:02 AM »

So I get a day off coming up on Saturday from crzy job 2. I shall be fininshing up some crafting them. Package still isn't completely done though. I need to find a basket too. The one I want to make probably won't work out too well. I have to do a test run first.  Wink

Congrats Whileitsraining. She's so beautiful!!!!

And HG I've heard it should face North or be in the center of your circle. Personally, mine moves around a bit depending on the arrangement of the room and what I feel fits it best. I've had it in every direction except south so far. That's probably the next place for it I guess lol. I think right now it's facing East. I say whatever feels best to you. Maybe set it up for a day and see how it feels and then move it untilm it feel just right. Not sure if this helps at all lol.   

Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar!
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2011 11:53:21 AM »

Personally, my altar faces east.  That is because the only window in the room in which I wanted to have my altar faces east, and I like having my altar in front of a window.   Wink  Experiment! See what feels right, and don't be a slave to correspondences and tradition (unless that's really important to you, in which case go for it!) at the expense of your own experience and practicality!  And maybe a post a picture once it's set up?  I love looking at people's altars.

WWP Ostara Basket Round 26: Sent and received!
Craft with a Fat Quarter: Stalking and plotting
Givers and Needers Round 9: Packages sent to both of my needers!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract
Creeping You Out!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...