A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,070
Currently Running With Scissors:
794 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper & Ephemera Swap Round 8 Gallery  (Read 5439 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2011 06:24:49 PM »

Yay! This was so worth the wait! The envelope was deceptively not-overstuffed, but look how much was in it:

First off, lots samples of handmade paper, including one embroidered in chain-stitch! Three pages of a blank Shakespeare journal, one with a great illustration of "Two Gentlemen of Verona". There are some painted ATC backgrounds, some stamped paper (including great gold bees!) and a bookmark that Spidermom cross-stitched with a tiny grasshopper.

More paper, both plain and printed. (I especially like the skulls.) Two sheets of die-cut letter tags. A couple of old magazine articles, one of which is on aerosol food, with a great photo of spray mashed potatoes. Some local items including a 25% off coupon from the Highland Tavern (I would have kept that!) and a classic horror illustration of a mad scientist milking venom from snakes. How did you know how much I would like that?

In a little bag were four great metal buttons and a tiny container of watch parts, including four microscopically beautiful cogs.

But wait, there's more! An old road map of Colorado and Wyoming, a 1975 Delta Airlines schedule (I would have so coveted this if it had appeared in anyone else's package!) and a magazine photo of people feeding a rather mangy-looking bear from their car window. A personalized notebook (with handmade brown paper), and a couple of additional fishing items. Three snapshots of the Colorado countryside (I love all the local stuff) and five flash cards (?) of insects and spiders. Not everyone would love these, but I sure do!

And finally, this antique photo deserved its own shot. It's a lovely family group from about 1910 (judging by the hats) but the real story is the annotation on the back: "Ray, Iva, Raymond McBride. All killed in car accident near Boulder Colo." Suddenly the anonymous figures become real people with a tragic story.

Thanks so much, Spidermom, for this great collection of stuff. I love all of it!

Wulf

THIS ROCKS   Logged

spidermom
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2011 07:00:47 PM »

haha!  i'm totally a dork when it comes to being a Colorado girl!  (btw, i had two of the 25% coupons, many years ago our house was a duplex, and sometimes we still get junk mail for the non-existent address!  yay for extra beer coupons!!!)

i bought the flash cards for my son and he was completely freaked out by them, personally, i dig bugs, nice when someone else can appreciate! 

mmm...sure wish i had some spray mashed potatoes right about now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ramblings-- http://friendlyneighborhoodspidermom.blogspot.com/
more stuff--http://www.pinterest.com/spidermom78/
SonjaBoo

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2011 06:43:25 AM »

mmm...sure wish i had some spray mashed potatoes right about now...
Seriously, how did that go out of style? Miracle in a can is right! Grin

That last photo is very poignant -- I was just looking at how sweet that little boy looked in his little coat and then read the story. That's definitely for a very special project, Wulf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/sonjaboo
http://pinterest.com/tuukkasmomma/

I am on a mission to collect an ATC from every state in the U.S.! Would love to trade ATCs with anyone interested!
Brackish Potato
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2011 08:42:31 AM »

Great stuff! I love all that vintage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2011 05:28:09 PM »

I was just looking at how sweet that little boy looked in his little coat and then read the story. That's definitely for a very special project, Wulf!

It's true, little Ray Jr. looks so seriously proud of his new coat (and it is a really fine one) that it's heartbreaking to know he didn't live to enjoy looking back on this photo himself.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

curiousfae

meccaleccahi- meccahineyho!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2011 08:34:18 PM »

You know that feeling you get when you browse through a gallery and wished you would have joined the swap.......
yeah, I got that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Staar84
« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2011 02:34:25 PM »

Sorry I've been awol, I started a new job that has me going 60 hours a week. But I did receive from Wonderwoman-

'

There is SO much stuff in there! I swear stuff was multiplying as I pulled everything out...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist

Hi, my name is Erin and I'm addicted to swapping...

International Snack Swap
Star Trek V
One Tiny Monster Swap
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 18, 2011 05:28:42 PM »

Holy cow! That's the biggest haul yet! And I love the colour theme.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art of Chinese Cooking - Food Basics Part 1 of 8
How to Make a Sushi Roll
How to Make Sushi
How to Make a Sushi Hand Roll
Sushi: How to Make Pickled Ginger
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...