A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,791
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Skein Wonder KAL Anyone?  (Read 50133 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knitkatgrrl

Here knitty kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2005 09:12:16 AM »

Ok, I am finally done! I wore it to my SnB meeting on Wednesday, whipped out the cammie for someone to take a pic and realized that the camera was in the ON position...meaning: Abso-f'n-lutely no battery power!  Damit!  I will get a pic soon.

I like it...not love it, but like it.  The sleeves are super tight and the back doesn't quite lay flat against me.  I supposed that's what I get for not gauging...I will make another one soon...with a gauge swatch done before.  I am wondering if I made a too small size.  Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't beat 'em, knit for 'em.
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2005 11:19:31 AM »

i did a gauge check on both of mine, and here:

i made my first in cascade 220, which proved a tad too tight but loosened up with wear.  it still fits me a little tight in the arms but otherwise ok

the second one i made with caron simply soft (acrylic) and it was looooooose but i liked it that way... i guess it also depends on your yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockadot
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2005 09:13:15 AM »

i finished two (no digital camera, thus no pictures) and they are two completely different shrugs. the first i made with patons i don't know what and the whole thing is hard to get on and the sleeves are kind of poufy. i made the second with manos and it is HUGE on me even though i made the same exact size.

maybe i should have done a gague swatch as well, but somehow i thought it would just work  out. hmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

c-rex

so your wasting your life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2005 09:48:15 PM »

Just finished mine, out of cheap kitchen cotton, because it was the only thing I could find at 2 am a couple nights ago -- when I just had to start.  It took me two days -- many hours -- way longer then it should of, but I haven't knit much in months so I've lost speed. 

i'm making another one out of two odd balls of schoeller stahl topsi in an oatmeal color...
it has increased my desire to have more shrugs of this sort, and short cardis.
They are perfect for hot texas weather...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the not-so-happy
the bass drum heavy
the photo glossy
the people pretty
knitkatgrrl

Here knitty kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2005 09:29:19 AM »

Ok, I finally finished! Woo hoo!

Please excuse my greasy...I mean glowing Post Workout Face!

I will likely make another...soon! 

Can't wait to see more...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't beat 'em, knit for 'em.
pie
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2005 05:47:24 PM »

c-rex & knitkatgrrl - both of yours look so good! I just love seeing all the different versions of this pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lemairia
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2005 07:18:06 PM »

I finished my first last week and have finally gotten pix--I've moved on to a second!

The front

The back (you can see that my t-shirt has a round cutout in the back--it's not some fancy knitting I did, or anything--isn't it nice that this shrug just covers the cutout!)

I did this in LB Wool-Ease "Blue Heather" and Patons Divine "Orangina"--the orange is slightly less day-glo than it appears in these photos.  I thinik I'll make the next size up for my second and lengthen the sleeves a bit; this one feels bunchy under the arm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeMair Handcrafts
unique handcrafted items for modern living
www.lemairhandcrafts.com
snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2005 08:19:21 PM »

That looks so cute! I really gotta make a multicolored OSW!! Yours make my little black shrug look so...black! lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crabby
Tall, crabby, crafty.

This dog rules

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2005 11:08:29 PM »

Great job everyone!  Especially my pal, Knitkatgirl - it looks great!  I cast on for my first one last night, using Cascade Pastaza (their wool/llama blend) in natural.  It turns out that I am 16 inches from shoulder to shoulder, so hopefully my gauge comes out right.  I was just over 16st/4", so the thing might be a tad off, but I'll try to feel for it as I go.  So far, so good. 

I do have one question - does anyone find that the shrug sits in their armpit and draws out the sweat?  I find that when I wear t-shirts that are too tight in the pit I seem to sweat more (maybe I'm paranoid).  If this is a problem, can you fix it by adding more rows after the increase rounds (thus increasing the arm-hole diameter & the length of the piece)?  I haven't gotten to the final construction yet, so I can't actually imagine the process, but it seems like this may be a solution.  Any advice?

I'm enjoying the pattern (and the yarn) so far, so I'll be sure to keep you posted! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

c-rex

so your wasting your life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2005 03:22:48 PM »

i just wore mine to the zoo in 100 degree heat...well it actually made the sweating a lot more bearable.  I didn't have that tank-top-sweaty-pits feeling I hate, because...this is gross...but I think it just absorbed the sweat.
I don't really sweat much though and mine is cotton....so I don't know abou the wool/llama blend.
I don't get a chance to wear much wool at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the not-so-happy
the bass drum heavy
the photo glossy
the people pretty
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add Footage to a Composition in After Effects CS3
How to Add Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Adjust Brightness and Contrast in Paint.NET
How to Adjust Image Resolution in Photoshop CS3
How to Adjust Shadow Levels in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...