A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,715
Currently Running With Scissors:
809 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tudor Swap Gallery  (Read 5442 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2011 01:39:37 PM »

Wulf- feel free to decorate the hat further.  I had wanted to put some metal jewelry bits on it but couldn't find any appropriate findings in town.

What a great idea! I can't believe I didn't immediately think of doing that - I've got a couple of sparkly bits that would be perfect.

The recipes have titles like "A Tarte of Spynage" and "To Sowse a Pigge". The spelling is half the fun of some. Others are quite basic, like "To make a Custarde" or "To fry Artichokes".

There are some that I just want to try, like "Conserve of Roses in the Italian Manner:
Take fresh red Roses not quite ripe, beat them in a stone Mortar, mix them with double their weight of Sugar, and put them in a glass close stopped, being not full, let them remain before you use them three moneths, stirring of them once a day. The Stomach, Heart, and Bowels it cooleth, and hindereth vapours, the spiting of blood and corruption of the most part (being cold) it helpeth. It will keep many years."

You never know when you might start spiting blood and need some helpeth!

Wulf
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011 01:49:57 PM by Wulf » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2011 08:56:45 PM »

I showed the cookbook to my parents today when they were over and they were very impressed Wulf!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011 06:23:24 PM »

I look forward to hearing reports of how the recipes taste!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

badpuppy

It's a fine line between 'hobby' & 'mental illness

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011 03:01:56 PM »

Don't mind me while I take over this thread for a moment.  I received a beauteous package from our fearless organizer Pixiefirefly yesterday.

I have no photos of the package as it arrived as I was way to excited to think about photos at that point.  Everything arrived all wrapped up in tissue like tiny presents.  My SO actually decided to torture me by texting me at work to tell me my package was waiting for me!  It was cruel I tell you!

In my questionnaire I mentioned my love (aka obsession) with necklaces, and also my love of green, gold, and pearls, and she delivered!

Necklace & earring set #1.  Aren't the gold circles lovely?

Necklace & earring set #2.  I literally had to take these off to photograph them, since I wore them to work today.  The crappy photo doesn't really capture the detail in the gold findings, but they are intricate and lovely.  The crystals are also all very sparkly, which I greatly approve of.  I think the general glow from these confused my camera, as it refused to take a decent photo of this set.

Pixie was super considerate of my metal allergies and used gold earwires.  Yay earrings I can wear!

Next, she included some extras - some gorgeous green fabric with flowers and a sari border, and matching thread (so handy!) and gold trim.  When my man saw these he said, "don't you already own that?"  because it totally looks like something I would buy!  I shall put it to good use.

In my questionnaire I also mentioned that I bring sewing to work, and any supplies to help me do this would be appreciated.  So she sent me this adorable painted wooden box.

WHICH IS A PIN CUSHION!  How clever is this for a portable pin cushion???  I love the luxe fabric she used inside.  The paint also has a subtle sparkle which doesn't come through in the photos.  Very fancy.

And finally, the pièce de résistance, this amazing two strand necklace with a gold heart centerpiece. 

I felt like Elizabeth I when I put it on. Smiley  It will look amazing with:

a) the intricate Renaissance gown I now want to make to go with it, and,
b) a little black dress!

Isn't it wonderful?  (Excuse my fridge backdrop, it gets the best light).

Thank you so, so much, Pixie!  I really do love everything and will be getting good use out of all of it.  Also, thank you for organizing this whole Tudor swap business, I've had a lot of fun with it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A-ok with personal swaps.

Attempting my first quilt.  English paper piecing.  Sewing together 900 hexagons.
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011 04:17:34 PM »

Wow! The jewelry is lovely! I must come back & gush more over the lovely packages everyone has been receiving, but I'm already late in posting my package that jeannebaby1 made for me. She spoiled me rotten... & I was intimidated at how many photos I was going to have to upload here!  Cheesy

First here are 2 paintings that Jeannebaby1 made! It's Elizabeth & her cousin Mary! I love the colors & also think it's fun that Jeannebaby1 & I did paintings for each other! Neither of us had any clue!  Cheesy Great minds think alike! I'm going to hang these in my bedroom!

Here is the detail from the top of the next amazing thing!

Treasure Boxes with hand beaded ornaments fit for royalty!

Each one has a pillow inside & 2 of them have bonus treasures within!!!
This one has a pendant:

Here is a precious ring with real gem! It fits perfectly Jeannebaby1! I won't have to have it resized!

This has to be one of my most favorite treasures!  It's a sun catcher-rainbow maker window ornament! I only wish the sun would come out here so I can get the full effect! Guess I'll have to wait for Friday when the clouds are supposed to break...finally.

Then here we have some hand beaded key fob/zipper pulls and another little crystal ornament that probably makes rainbows in the sun... c'mon sun!

And last but not least, a roll organizer that is velvety on one side & ties with a ribbon. I put my watercolor pencils & brushes in it & it's perfect!

Thank you so much Jeannebaby1 for the over the top package. I do feel ridiculously spoiled in the best way possible! Thank you!!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011 04:19:45 PM »

Wulf... I want to cross stitch this with a wicked border:

"You never know when you might start spiting blood and need some helpeth!"
Cracks me up every time I read it!

Mod35tBabe ...you're so lucky to get a corset! It's cute on you! The doll you made for hgddm is adorable!

hgddm I love the seal on the letter! Is it really sealing wax or made with something else to look authentic?

Badpuppy...you blow me away with your sewing skills! Wulf looks so dapper in the hat & linen shirt. The bowls are so elegant without looking 'frilly' too... just wonderful stuff!

Pixiefirefly... I love the first jewelry set so much! You really captured the look of the Tudor period with the pearls and the gold circles. Great work!!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011 04:35:08 PM by I Sew Cute » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011 04:51:26 PM »

Wow! Tudor overload! I thought we were about done, so this last burst of treasure has been a surprise! Great jewelry, and I love the 3 (three!) jewel boxes. The brush/pencil roll is great too.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011 05:01:18 PM »

You all have done a wonderful job on everything you have all created. You were all so wonderful about communications and we had no flakes! Thank you for making my first swap as an organizer go very smoothly! Maybe we should do another in a couple of months. Seeing how everyone makes such beautiful things I may just do a random draw for partners! lol

Badpuppy, I am very happy to see you really enjoy the items I made for you!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011 05:02:24 PM by Pixiefirefly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011 07:50:53 PM »

Thanks for being such a good organizer, Pixiefirefly. I didn't realize this was your first one! I got so many good ideas after I sent my package out, I had better make a note of them for the next swap!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Elise Primavera Talks About Auntie Claus
SPHDZ Book Trailer
John Freeman Talks About The Tyranny of E-mail
Margaret Peterson Haddix Talks About Sent
Dork Diaries Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...