A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,615
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NZ Only Swap!  (Read 4058 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

danger.kitty
« on: February 10, 2011 11:00:36 PM »

Yes ladies, we have a sender already!  

Way to go Elowezil Smiley  I got my package today.  Feeling slightly guilty looking at a rather large envelope at the moment Smiley

Partners:

danger.kitty<--->elowezil
monkey_girl <---> pixie_nz
bubblegum_phoenix <--->jemimah

Sent
Received
Sent and Received
Sending Late with Communication
Contact Organizer
Finished Swap and Feedback Left
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011 06:22:27 PM by danger.kitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
elowezil
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011 03:29:37 PM »

Please don't feel guilty.  I had SOOOO much fun making stuff for you and looking for inspiration for things that would suit your taste and style, so it was an absolute pleasure.  I'm not normally an early bird, but wanted to get this off to you when I'd finished as I get bored easily! LOL  You had to get me while my muse was running or else who knows that other things I would've had to send you!  Glad you liked the package, and I hope you have fun wearing the bits of blingy stuff on your black wardrobe (you said you wear a lot of black, as do I and my DD, so it was fun making things that I know we would also like to wear).  I hope you're inspired to make your own rings and brooches now too.  Post pics when you make anything.  Have fun!
Don't fuss sending my goodies.  I'm not going anywhere and can enjoy the build-up in the meantime!  Cheers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danger.kitty
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011 10:58:45 PM »

Photos!  Elowezil sent so much stuff, it was hard to photograph everything fairly (especially with my 4 year old helper).  There were so many photos, I made collages Smiley

Top L-R: Leopard headband with rose applique, large orange flower pin, funky heart brooch
Bottom L-R: Skull pin cushion, cigar box full of cool buttons/cords/button ring/etc, colourful photo frame, scooter note cards

Top L-R:  Various lengths of all kinds of ribbons and trims held together on a pin and worn as a hair clip in that photo, flower clutch
Bottom L-R: Necklace and bracelet with felt beads, tattoo inspired fabric, and temporary tattoos

Thanks again to Elowezil for her thoughtful and amazing package Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011 01:08:13 AM »

Wow, that's a great collection of stuff! I love the flower pin and the photo frame, very vibrant.

I'm sure I'm just being dim, but how do you make the various photos into a collage? It would be very useful to show off lots of things like this, but whenever I look up 'photo collage' I come across something much more complicated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011 11:56:06 AM »

Fantastic! Fab and fun package - I'm particularly liking the heart brooch and flower clutch, and I think I've got cigar box envy ... Cheesy

BP's package is wrapped and ready to go to the post office. I had it there on Friday, but it started to slow-mo burst open!  Shocked  So I've had to seal it up a bit better ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danger.kitty
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011 12:52:08 PM »

I'm sure I'm just being dim, but how do you make the various photos into a collage? It would be very useful to show off lots of things like this, but whenever I look up 'photo collage' I come across something much more complicated.

One of the easiest ways I've found to make photo collages is to use Microsoft Publisher.  Make a blank print publication, put your photos in and resize them and arrange them how you like (don't worry about white space around the outside) then use the line tool for the dividing lines.  Save as a jpg.  Open the jpg in a basic photo editor and crop away any white bits on the outside and resize the overall size of the image.

Fantastic! Fab and fun package - I'm particularly liking the heart brooch and flower clutch, and I think I've got cigar box envy ... Cheesy

BP's package is wrapped and ready to go to the post office. I had it there on Friday, but it started to slow-mo burst open!  Shocked  So I've had to seal it up a bit better ...
Yep, Elowezil sure made a great package for me Smiley 
Can't wait to see what you've organized for bubblegum too - hope you've got the explosion under control!  PM me with your package details once sent
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011 02:22:40 PM »

One of the easiest ways I've found to make photo collages is to use Microsoft Publisher.  Make a blank print publication, put your photos in and resize them and arrange them how you like (don't worry about white space around the outside) then use the line tool for the dividing lines.  Save as a jpg.  Open the jpg in a basic photo editor and crop away any white bits on the outside and resize the overall size of the image.

Thank you so much for answering! I shall give it a go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danger.kitty
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011 04:32:37 PM »

well, ladies, bubblegum has received her package from Jemimah so we can expect pics sometime today or tomorrow Smiley  can't wait to see what she got!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011 10:12:32 PM »

Ok, as you know I recieved the other day, but Im an idiot and couldnt find the gallery  Cheesy

Heres what I found when I upended the bag and dragged everything out, not a bad haul aye  Cheesy  Wink

assorted materials I can use for Madison (my Pullip)

black thread, buttons (these were everywhere  Cheesy ) and those glass dodahds

teeny wooden hoops (3" and 5")

cross stitch patterns

more hoops  Grin and a wee container for itty bits

a wee thimble felt pincushion  Cheesy

Madison got a cute hat and scarf (her "dress" is a bit of ribbon used in the package  Wink )

the cutest wee apron Ive already covered in flour while making scones  Cheesy its a smidgen big around the top, but neh, Im CLEAN! Trying to convince my other half to wear it when he cooks (he wears all black and Im pretty sure he rolls in flour  Cheesy  Roll Eyes )

and finally, see that ball of blue yarn? Its a magic yarn ball! I had so much fun with it (so did my cats as fun stuff kept showering them  Cheesy )

theres HEAPS in there

Im so spoilt, thankyou!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
danger.kitty
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011 10:33:48 PM »

yay, another great package!

and a tip to find the gallery would be to make a bookmark Smiley you can then find the threads you've bookmarked under My Craftster
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Ultimate Cheeseburger Recipe
Perfectly Poached Eggs
Amazing BBQ Nachos For Tailgating
On the Go Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancake Recipe
Fluffy Oven Pancake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...