A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,950
Currently Running With Scissors:
720 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: the "Yank Out My Hair" scarf  (Read 774 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

threadbanger
« on: February 05, 2011 07:03:18 PM »

Okay, so this is probably a really dumb situation, but I'm about to break my needles lol

I've never done any two color knitting other than changing for rows...

So I wanted to do a POLICE LINE style scarf, but the wording is different.  So I have the letter charted out, which "blocks" are a yellow stitch and which will be black for the letter.

And just fyi, I've started this scarf three or four times so far, getting about 20 rows in and starting over because I've messed something up.

ANYWAYS, I have the first letter, Z, all planned.  And I start the letter on the RS...get about halfway through and my letter is backwards.  ARGH.  If I would see through the floats on my WS, my letter would be perfect.  Fricky frick frick...I've been racking my brain as to how this was even possible lol...logic is failing me right now Tongue

Any help would be appreciated.  As I said, I've never done two colors in a pattern, or worked a chart before, so I'm sure it's just my newbie-ness here. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shablina
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011 04:42:15 PM »

If I am understanding your situation here right the problem may be the way you are reading the chart.  Usually on charts the bottom of the chart is row 1 and is read from right to left , the row above it is row 2 and that is read left to right then row 3 is back to right to left and so on. Hope that helps. I am super experienced in chart knitting so I hope I helped and not confused you more
THIS ROCKS   Logged
threadbanger
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011 08:30:04 PM »

That did help...I have avoided it until today and I remembered that I posted this lol.  The person who wrote the chart had just knitted it freehand I think, and then made the chart after to share, because it's sideways...so row 1 isn't on the bottom, but on the left (which means it should be read from the bottom upwards, right?...well, it isn't).  If I turned the chart so that row 1 was on the bottom, they have the pattern being read from left to right.

So yes, you were a tremendous help...I'll probably just redo the chart in excel so that it's correct and try this again *sigh*...and eventually I'll probably just take the scarf outside with some vodka, do a shot, soak the scarf in alcohol and light it on fire.   Tongue  Thank you for your help!!!  At least if this doesn't work out, I know from this point on!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Text Effects in Photoshop
How to Create a Poster Advert in Photoshop
How to Use Layers in Photoshop
How to Create Easy Logos
How to Create 3D Logo Text in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...