A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,503
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Showstudio Sewalong: Junya Watanabe dress from Winter '05/'06 collection  (Read 37025 times)
Tags for this thread: pirate  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005 07:58:53 AM »

This looks really cool. Anyone got any estimates on how many sheets of A4 (standard size) paper this will take? If it's alot, then would it be possible to print onto a couple of pieces of A4 and scale up onto the fabric or would this result in funny shape pieces? (I know that the pattern isn't out yet, but would this have been possible with the other patterns from show studio?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
tigralon
Tig Gooseberry Tartlet

~ living in a magical dollhouse ~

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005 09:28:32 AM »

This looks really cool. Anyone got any estimates on how many sheets of A4 (standard size) paper this will take? If it's alot, then would it be possible to print onto a couple of pieces of A4 and scale up onto the fabric or would this result in funny shape pieces? (I know that the pattern isn't out yet, but would this have been possible with the other patterns from show studio?)

I suppose that would be possible...I would worry that if I didn't scale exactly, the pieces would end up not fitting together quite right.  Plus then you'd have to transfer over all the markings etc.  For the Galliano jacket, that would have made it even more complicated than it already was (plus the writing on the pieces would have been too small to read at less than 100%).  I didn't actually mind taping together all the sheets of A4 and then cutting out the full-size paper pattern pieces, because all that interaction got me really familar with the pieces.  But if this dress pattern is much simpler (and the shapes of the pieces are more familiar, e.g. bodice front, bodice rear, etc.), then I don't see why you couldn't scale up from a small print-out, if you're comfortable with that method.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What is a television apparatus to man, who has only to shut his eyes to see the most inaccessible regions of the seen and the never seen, who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary Baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust."  - Salvador Dali
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005 12:29:58 PM »

I'm anxious for this dress... just saw it today in browsing and it looks gorgeous. May sit in on this, not so sure yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
BlackMarketBaby
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005 02:37:02 PM »

if you're rich enough (or lucky in the charity shop), maybe a really nubby raw silk could  be a less-hot sub. for the bottom, at least in terms of the visual texture-contrast?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005 02:43:00 PM »

tigralon - thanks, I wouldn't mind taping all the pieces together but I don't think my brother will let me print that many sheets even though my parents buy all the paper and ink Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
tigralon
Tig Gooseberry Tartlet

~ living in a magical dollhouse ~

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005 02:46:17 PM »

if you're rich enough (or lucky in the charity shop), maybe a really nubby raw silk could  be a less-hot sub. for the bottom, at least in terms of the visual texture-contrast?
Ooh, yeah, just the right texture...I love that stuff!  I don't love the price, though.  Wink  But if I could scrounge some at the thrift store, that would look great as substitute skirt fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What is a television apparatus to man, who has only to shut his eyes to see the most inaccessible regions of the seen and the never seen, who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary Baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust."  - Salvador Dali
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2005 12:20:36 AM »

Mmmmmmmm raw siiiilllk.............[drools]

Somehow I think I'm not going to luck out on that one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
educo
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2005 10:32:17 AM »

Hey have you looked at fabric.com??  They have silk shantung at $8.00 a yard!   They have a wide variety of silks for half price...i suggest looking there.   I have ordered from them and it's good quality...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moonstar_v
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2005 01:52:32 PM »

Oh I am so in for this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sad.
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2005 06:31:27 AM »

I'm more of a fan of his white dress with the black jacket, number 22.  So I'll just watch you guys try this one out. ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Smoked Salmon Roll
Chicken Curry Stew Recipe
Chinese-Style Boiled Chicken Recipe
How to Make Nasi Goreng
Egg Fried Rice Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...