A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,788
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Two Bracelet/Earring Sets  (Read 1043 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SciFunk
« on: February 09, 2011 09:47:19 PM »

This is a procrastinated post of procrastinated Christmas presents. Most of my family received two boxes in the mail from me this year -- one of bought gifts (on time) and a second box with one or two handmade things. The handmade boxes were only sent a week or two ago, and I still have another one to go.

These sets were for my Aunt. She's the only person who asks for jewelry, so I usually only make jewelry when I make presents for her. Sadly, the box was badly crushed in the mail and arrived with its contents falling out. Apparently one set of earrings was missing and one of the bracelets was broken, so I'm glad I took pictures beforehand.

I'm very happy with how they came out. I haven't done off-loom bead weaving before, but it was a lot of fun and I love the results. The patterns are from the free section of http://bead-patterns.com/, and they were very easy to follow.

If any experienced beadweavers have some awesome tips to share, I'd love to hear them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MoonlitSun
Never stop believing. Stars never do.

We all need a little magic in our lives.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011 10:45:55 PM »

OOh, I so love them! I can't decide which is my fav. It's a shame it was badly treated by those mail people, probably jealous.
I remembered looking for the meaning of procrastinated, though i forgot, hehe. Guess i'm too lazy to check it out again
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a CHOCAHOLIC! Dare eat chocolate in front of me! xD
My Pinterest ^_^

Yay for personal swaps! Message me anytime ^_^
Currently looking for aida cloths! 14 or 20 count, or anything you can part with!
amber565
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011 09:20:45 PM »

Well, I'm not an experienced beadweaver, so I can not give any tips...but I think they are lovely. I love the second bracelet & the colors are gorgeous!!

I'd also suggest that maybe your super awesome step-mother would like jewelry like that. I happen to know for a fact that she still wears the stuff you made her 2 Christmases ago....Just sayin'  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose Your Shutter Speed
Recipe Photo Shoot
How to Clean a Camera Lens
How to Make a Mini Tripod for Your Camera
How to Make a Tripod with a Piece of String
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...