A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,143
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Phantom doll  (Read 2045 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

karmic

They shoot heroin, don't they?

View Profile WWW
« on: May 29, 2005 05:37:58 PM »

Since school has ended for the year, I've decided to start doing all the crafty things I had been planning to do since last October. First on the list...a Phantom/Erik doll from Phantom of the OperaGrin

The doll body/head/hair/mask is made from felt. His vest is made of a grey silk-like fabric and his cape is from an old black t-shirt where I cut off the sleeves and ran a ribbon through the open hem tunnel. Sorry if the pictures are too dark, my digital camera sucks big time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/joydrop/crafty/erikwo.jpg

Him without his mask. Note the lack of deformity. I'm not exactly sure how to make him deformed without just scribbling on his face with a red marker.  Undecided Yes, I know he's smiling and that the Phantom is usually very brood-y but I thought he was cute with a wee smile on his face. *pinches his cheeks*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/joydrop/crafty/erikw.jpg

Erik with his mask! (Ack. I should really paint my nails again.) I used those little sticky velcro circles to keep his mask on. The mask is my favourite part since I used white felt with little bits of glitter in it. Completely worth the extra 7 cents, I might add!  Cheesy

UPDATE: I bought a little silk red rose from Walmart and attached it to his hand! Now it looks like he's handing me a wee rose Cheesy I'd add pics but my camera died yesterday. *sniffle*
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013 01:35:53 PM by meleriffic - Reason: changed non-working images to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
daiconharuko
Daikon Eklectik

this daikon is eklectik

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005 05:42:41 PM »

I'm not a fan.. but I think that's really adorable. If people ask where his deformity is, just say that he's wearing a lot of makeup. OR he had plastic surgery and has a strange attachment to the mask.

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
withananotane
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005 10:21:32 AM »

That is a great doll! If people ask about his lack of deformity just say "Don't question me" and laugh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

but my lips hurt real bad
karmic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005 09:51:52 AM »

That is a great doll! If people ask about his lack of deformity just say "Don't question me" and laugh.

Grin I just tell people that he got into Madame Giry's theatrical makeup.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Icemaiden
CSI addict!!

Annoy me...I'll set my pet sock,stripy, on you!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005 04:44:15 PM »

Wow,he is soooooo cool

Huggles

Ice maiden
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall,ninety-nine bottles of beer.Swab one down,run it through CODIS,ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall"

"Would you mind if I took a picture for my bite collection?"
"Whatever rubs your Buddha."

"Don't touch me.I'm evidence
dark X rouge

My icon makes me giggle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005 09:36:33 AM »

Haha, I love this.  Any chance you remember how much material it took and how much it cost you? I'd like to make one for myself and it would also be the perfect gift for a friend of mine for christmas....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything and at the same time, are ones who never yawn or say a common place thing but burn, burn, burn, like yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars...
-J. Keroua
karmic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005 10:13:20 AM »

Haha, I love this.  Any chance you remember how much material it took and how much it cost you? I'd like to make one for myself and it would also be the perfect gift for a friend of mine for christmas....

It took me about three sheets of black felt [hair and body], one of tan [head], a scrap of white felt [mask], the cape is made from a t-shirt sleeve, and the vest is a scrap of silk-like fabric I had. Each sheet of felt cost me around $.20 cents from Wal-mart so he's not very expensive to make.

He's fun 'cause he keeps all the fops away from my bedroom. ^__^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dark X rouge

My icon makes me giggle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005 01:27:53 PM »

Thanks so much!  My friend can love him and fantasize about what would happen if only he was real, hehehe....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything and at the same time, are ones who never yawn or say a common place thing but burn, burn, burn, like yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars...
-J. Keroua
Jackanese
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005 02:52:49 PM »

Arr, I love Phantom of the Opera.  Nice doll Cheesy I want onee  Cheesy Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me, " if i ever let go, just keep holding on.  if i ever shatter, just pick up my pieces and put them back together. "
mimi_mia

I love my dogs!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005 11:19:54 AM »

Very cute idea, I loved the Phantom and so I love your little guy  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Asian Bites: Slow-Roast Asian Pork Recipe
Cooking for Kids: How to Make Stir Fry for Kids
"Bottom-of-the-Jar" Recipe: Peanut Sauce
How to Make Vietnamese Soft Shell Crab
Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...