A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,756
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cute Black and White Dress for My Valentine's Day Dinner.  (Read 7800 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

happyface:)
« on: February 08, 2011 06:32:00 PM »

There wasn't too much ugly about the dress except for the straps and the fact that it was too big. But the material called to me and I really wanted to make a cute dress to wear for Valentine's Day. My boyfriend thinks it looks great and personally, I'm super proud of myself.

I got the original dress for a cheap like $3 and I already had the lacy and the middle black material (lacy can from my OLD OLD OLD slip from when I was like 8 and the black was what was left of the silky pants that I bought to make the bow for my Lady Gaga costume.) The material for the shoulders, however, had to be bought new. But I only spent $2 on it so this is like a $5 dress. Smiley

The After Images--
Front:

Side:

Back:

Before Front:

Before Back:

The Ugly Silver Straps:

Random Picture With My Cat Precious (AKA Doo-Doo Head (Doo-Doo Head is the only name she'll even look up at you for)):

Tell me what you think?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011 07:45:47 PM by happyface:) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenfaerie
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011 07:46:56 PM »

You should be very very proud of yourself!  The straps/cap sleeves and angled back part really accent each other and you look amazing!  Great job, and so economical.

Plus you match your sweet cat, and that's always fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
DaisyAlly
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011 12:54:00 AM »

Looks great, and cute cat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

badgerbear
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011 12:57:41 AM »

oh wow this is super cute! to be honest I didnt really like the original dress but what you have made from it is amazing- Its bang up to date and really smart, I hope he's taking you somewhere really glam so you can show this off!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

to craft is to live!
Marlaesk
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011 08:41:33 AM »

What a great job!!  that is super cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Taramor
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011 12:01:49 PM »

really cute dress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011 07:29:28 PM »

Thank you for your comments! It was super fun (and at times super frustrating) to make and the result is something I'll be proud of for a long long time. This is the first craftster challenge that I've participated in and it was mostly to prove to myself that I could get it done by that deadline.
Your comments make me happy though because they make me feel even better about the result. Smiley Thank you all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RoonieCav
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011 03:16:20 PM »

You did a FAB JOB on this dress! Be proud and wear it again too!  It looks WAY better now that you changed it!  Your skills will take you far, young woman!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011 07:43:57 PM »

You did a FAB JOB on this dress! Be proud and wear it again too!  It looks WAY better now that you changed it!  Your skills will take you far, young woman!

Thank you and I DEFINITELY will be wearing this dress again. This is one of the dresses I'm taking with me this weekend when a family friend of mine takes me out to take my Senior pictures. I can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calentine
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011 09:01:49 AM »

Awesome job!  You look great, and the dress looks store bought!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set Manual Mode (M)
Canon G10: Set Manual Focus Function
Canon G10: Set ISO Function
Canon G10: Set Format Function
Canon G10: Set Flash Function
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...