A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
715 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: tattoo question  (Read 2223 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bluesparkie

crafter and fashionista

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005 03:27:37 PM »

I have tattoos on top of both feet, they're 5 years old and they have faded more than my other tattoos but they haven't faded all that much, I never had them touched up and they still look good.  I'd say to go for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/bluesparkie

I'm not a nymphomaniac, I'm a compulsive liar.
mathgirl
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2005 08:26:04 PM »

Not to ruin the party, but I used to work with a lady that had a small tattoo near the side of her foot that had faded and smudged until it was unrecognizable. It jut looked like a dark smudge. May have just been a shoddy tattoo...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
archer*of*loaf
Lip them

Audiowhore, sucking on sound

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005 03:05:47 AM »

Yeah, see that's another thing.  I wonder if the position of the tattoo on your foot would have anything to do with wear.  I mean, I would think that a tattoo on the sides, heel, or bottom of your foot would wear off faster than on the top (which is where I want mine), but i have no clue.  I'm so confused.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And hoping for an early death you swam so far you lost your breath, and struggling in the ebb and flow I took your hand, but you let go...
And now the ocean fills your lungs, and now you've got what you had come for, resting peaceful as you sink to drown under a sea of strangers.

-E. Bachmann
bluesparkie

crafter and fashionista

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005 05:26:08 AM »

When I originally got mine done, I wanted them on the sides of me feet and the artist wouldn't do it and talked me in to doing the tops of my feet instead... He said the same thing as HeyVern:

i think it is where on the foot that makes the difference. feet and the palms on hands have an extra layer of skin, thus causing the skin to shed more. and that is why you get blisters.

since the skin sheds so much more often, tattoos are more likely to fade if they're on the sides or bottom of your feet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/bluesparkie

I'm not a nymphomaniac, I'm a compulsive liar.
ratjen37
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005 08:02:55 AM »

Yeah, it depends where on your feet. My bf has one on his big toe (I don't know why), and seven years later it's faded and looks scary and retarded. 

Check out bmezine.com for pics and stories that could maybe help you out? And contribute a pic when/if you decide to get it done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am Hobart, dishwasher as man and machine.
theatregirl25

I'm not weird, I'm creative!

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2005 08:44:30 AM »

I have a daisy and a butterfly on my ankle and the daisy was done in white and yellow ink with black outline, the white did fade, and the yellow a lillte bit. The tatoo artist said the white would fade and would probaly have to have it touched up.  If I remeber correctly he did say lighter colors like white may need touching up. It does not look bad, but I do want to get it touched up eventually.

Angela
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth."

http://crafty-theatre-girl.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theatregirl25/
ultraviolet
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2005 09:10:25 AM »

I have a frog on the top of my foot - I got it done about 3 1/2 years ago. The artist warned me that 1) it would hurt a LOT and would be hard to heal, and 2) it would look really old in about 2 years.

I was prepared for lots of pain, so it ended up not feeling too bad at all Smiley But I'm also not hugely bothered by pain. As recommended, I did not keep it bandaged while healing which resulted in it not healing incredibly well so I got a touch-up about a month later (for free). That time I put a bandage on it and kept it on whenever I was wearing shoes and it healed much better. It still looks really great!And there's a lot of detail too, and it's still very clear.  Of course I'm not a huge fan of shoes/socks so I tend to be barefoot whenever possible. I don't know if that makes a difference....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
krissykat
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2005 10:02:25 PM »

A friend of mine has a tattoo around her toe (a black tribal thing) that's a bit faded, but I think it's only because she didn't take care of it really well while it was healing. She worked at a fast food joint, so she always had heavy shoes on. The scab got really thick, which (as I've observed) draws out more colour from your tattoo. I'm a part-time cashier/full-time student, so I'm planning to get my feet tattooed when I can stay off them/keep them out of shoes. Seems like a good idea. Also, I find Webber's Vitamin E ointment helps to keep the scab nice and thin.
Yay for tattooed feet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MySpace*My Wists*My Knitting/Crafting Blog*My Etsy* Watch for updates!
MorbidlyCute on Ravelry.com
Fuaim Catha

live without regret

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2005 10:18:43 AM »

l tattoos fade over time some more than others depending on the placement and type/color of ink used. bright colors WILL fade. period. dark colors don't fade as much. tattoos on your feet have a tendency to fade more because the skin is thinner and under constant abuse from shoes. however if you take care of your tattoo then it wont fade as much. buy some tattoo goo and slap some on once a week or so after it's healed and it will help keep the colors stay brighter longer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
archer*of*loaf
Lip them

Audiowhore, sucking on sound

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2005 09:53:36 AM »

Okay guys, I'm doing it!!! 

It took me a long time to decide on what I wanted and exactly where I wanted to get it, but...I'm waiting for a call back from my tattoo guy to find out if I can go in and have my feet tattooed on Friday!!!  I'm so excited.  I have lots of other tattoos so this isn't really a new thing to me, but this is something that I've wanted for a long, LONG time and I'm finally doing it.  Soooo excited!  I'll be sure to post pics after it's done!

Thanks for all of your help and advice!

Oh, and I think all of my tattoo talk finally wore off on my hubby because he's making an appointment for his first tattoo while I get mine.  Too cute.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

And hoping for an early death you swam so far you lost your breath, and struggling in the ebb and flow I took your hand, but you let go...
And now the ocean fills your lungs, and now you've got what you had come for, resting peaceful as you sink to drown under a sea of strangers.

-E. Bachmann
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Burning Effect - Motion 3
How to Use The Color Corrector - Final Cut Pro
How to Use Supreme Tracking - Final Cut Pro
How to Get Smooth Cam Results - Motion 3
How to Create Advanced Time Remapping - FCP 6
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...