A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
785 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Poll
Question: What is your favorite entry in Craft Challenge #60, Electrifying?  (Voting closed: March 17, 2011 06:42:20 AM)
Angler Fish light...here fishy fishy mmmyum - 78 (29.5%)
bird and leaves STAR LAMP - 59 (22.3%)
Book Clock - 9 (3.4%)
Catch a Falling Star and put it in a Jar for Safekeeping - 29 (11%)
Cloud Lamp! - 27 (10.2%)
Dragon's Egg Light made with a real egg! - 15 (5.7%)
English Major's Revenge: The Light - 21 (8%)
Flower lamp made of PVC pipes and soda cans - 9 (3.4%)
LED star bracelet - 0 (0%)
lighted bed canopy - 0 (0%)
Oiled paper hanging lamp - 0 (0%)
Spot the Gecko - 2 (0.8%)
Steampunk Iphone Home - 15 (5.7%)
Total Voters: 264

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: [FINISHED] Craft Challenge #60 - Electrifying - Due Mar 1 - Mar 8  (Read 41765 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2011 07:54:44 AM »

Craft Challenge #60 - Electrifying - Due Mar 1 - Mar 8

Winner Announced!

Our winning entry was created by blupony808! The entry titled, “Angler Fish light…here fishy fishy mmmyum,” is huggable and awesome angler fish illumination!

Check out the angler fish in all of its glowing glory here.

Don't forget to vote now through Mar 16!
Scroll up to see the voting poll!

(You must be logged in to vote)

03/01/2011 - The entry board is open! Smiley

Please post your entry here as a NEW TOPIC:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=461.0

Good luck to all!

Inspired by this member suggestion, we thought it would be a great time to power up a challenge!  Your challenge this month is to create a project that uses electricity and/or batteries.  Your challenge is also to be safe, so please keep this in mind while crafting this month! Smiley

The electric and/or battery portion of your project must be fully-functional and not just for decoration.  You can use kits for the electric and/or battery components of your project (such as a clock movement kit or lamp wiring kit).

Maybe you can find inspiation in all of the entries from the Light Me Up Challenge of 2008!  Or maybe you'll find inspiration in other projects around Craftster such as repurposed clocks, blender lamps and LED crafts! Smiley

Rules:

• Craft your project during this challenge period (Feb 7 - Mar 8 2011) only.  Projects created before this timeframe will not be removed from the entry board, but they will be excluded from the voting poll.
  • Post your craft during the period of Mar 1 - Mar 8 2011.  No sooner.  No later.  On Mar 1 2011 there will be a special folder created for entries.
  • Voting will happen from Mar 9 - Mar 16 2011.
  • Enter only ONE project.  Your entry can have multiple components to it.

Originality:

It's probably impossible to know whether your project is 100% original, has never been posted on Craftster, or made by anyone else in the past.  But if your project was definitely inspired by something you've seen before, please give credit to that project. Smiley

Prizes:

At the end, we'll set up a poll right here and the first place winner (US or non-US) will get:

(1) their project in the Featured Projects area
(2) their project in the Craftster Blog
(3) and a prize from us at Craftster.org -- any one item from one of Craftster's online shops!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011 10:29:44 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011 08:02:37 AM »

hmmm, i was planning something electronic for a swap... can i enter swap projects as challenge projects?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011 08:03:41 AM »

hmmm, i was planning something electronic for a swap... can i enter swap projects as challenge projects?

As long as you craft it during this challenge period, sure! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SkyyAngel
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011 09:36:54 AM »

Would taking a lamp and changing how it looks be acceptable? I mean, it'll still be used as a lamp, but I wouldn't really be doing anything to it other than decorating in a fashion. =/

Or I had the idea of possibly adding LEDs to it if I can get the guys at Radio Shack or my dad to talk me through it... lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011 09:39:31 AM »

Would taking a lamp and changing how it looks be acceptable? I mean, it'll still be used as a lamp, but I wouldn't really be doing anything to it other than decorating in a fashion. =/

Or I had the idea of possibly adding LEDs to it if I can get the guys at Radio Shack or my dad to talk me through it... lol.

I think that would be totally acceptable. Smiley  Use your best judgement and be sure to reconstruct it in a way that demonstrates your crafting abilities.  For example, perhaps refinish it, create a new shade, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SkyyAngel
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011 09:46:45 AM »

I think that would be totally acceptable. Smiley  Use your best judgement and be sure to reconstruct it in a way that demonstrates your crafting abilities.  For example, perhaps refinish it, create a new shade, etc.

Sweet, I'm basically refinishing it and making a new shade anyway. It's gonna look *completely* different. Smiley *crosses fingers* I'll have the time to make it this month. Lol... sooo much stuff to make! So little time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Princienna

** My Daughters' Are The Worlds Best Art Pieces **

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011 12:30:13 PM »

Oooooo I think I may enter this Smiley X
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Love My Daughters & I Love Crafting
threadbanger
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011 03:03:26 PM »

So let's say I have those totally awesome...thing I made, and was planning on getting a working motor on it and getting it moving/fully functional.  Would this count since the electronic parts and finishing touches would be done during the timeframe, or not since it was started awhile ago?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011 03:05:22 PM »

So let's say I have those totally awesome...thing I made, and was planning on getting a working motor on it and getting it moving/fully functional.  Would this count since the electronic parts and finishing touches would be done during the timeframe, or not since it was started awhile ago?

It's preferred that you craft during this timeframe, so you don't have a jumpstart compared to others.  Maybe you could make Totally Awesome Part 2?  If it's totally awesome, two of it will be better, right? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

threadbanger
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011 03:28:22 PM »

It's preferred that you craft during this timeframe, so you don't have a jumpstart compared to others.  Maybe you could make Totally Awesome Part 2?  If it's totally awesome, two of it will be better, right? Cheesy

HA...two of these wouldn't...it's a Hallowen decoration.  We go all out, so I start making more stuff as soon as Halloween is over lol.  I'm sure I can think of something else that I need to make, but I think the one I already started will be my fave.  C'est la vie...it gives me an excuse to make MORE MORE MORE!!!   Wink  thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Try Dip-Dyed Hair Tips
How Master the Twist-Out Hairstyling Method
Try Braided Bangs With a Messy, Braided Pony
How to Create the Donut Bun Look
Tips For Younger Looking Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...