A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,543
Currently Running With Scissors:
734 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How to Increase Etsy Store/Facebook fan page traffic?  (Read 2059 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FrolicPatch

Because every girl needs something to Frolic in

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2011 08:25:39 PM »

Howdy!

I've had my Etsy store, Frolic Patch, open since October of last year. I design and make girls' clothing for ages 12 months through 6T or so. I haven't had the shop open very long, and with a 14 month old running the floorboards beneath my sewing pedal, I don't get new designs up as often as I would really like.

That being said...

I know that one of the keys to successful Etsy selling can be the traffic from the coinciding FaceBook page. There are even very successful individuals who sell directly from their FB site as well as their Etsy, or use their FB page as the launch point for new designs, then directing the actual purchasers to Etsy.

I've seen giveaways used on FB, contests, and of course we know that word of mouth is a powerful tool.

And yet... I only have 80-ish people who have fanned my FB site.  The bottom line is that I know I need more traffic on my FB site in order to draw people to my Etsy site. Oh, what a tangled media-web we weave when first we practice to sell online crafts!

Any thoughts? Successes? Laughing and pointing?

Cheers!
-Jennifer
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.FrolicPatch.etsy.com
Handmade, original designs for girls.
"Because every girl needs something to Frolic in!"
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011 10:09:19 AM »

I've found I don't do well with my facebook fan page. I do better posting things to my personal profile. I make a new folder for each month of crafting and I label if something is available in my shop or if I made it for me. I've gotten bigger sales that way not as many but bigger and for me that's fine. I don't do well with lots of sales 2-3 a month work well for me and it works out since they tend to be larger. Right now I haven't worked much on it so I've had my sales dwindle but that's what has worked for me. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starwarspunk
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011 10:34:48 AM »

I've seen people post a little link to their Etsy in their signatures.  Also, I always tend to search on google for things related to stitching.  Most of the time my searches bring up people's blogs that link to their etsy shops (which naturally I will end up visiting).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FrolicPatch

Because every girl needs something to Frolic in

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011 02:58:44 PM »

Eliea: When you say "make a folder for each moth," you mean a photography folder, yes? That's a neat idea, thanks.

Starwarspunk: Yeah, I should be much better about blogging. Unfortunately, I think that's going to have to wait until my 14 month old is older. Perhaps 13. ~snicker~

Thanks for the responses!

-Jennifer
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.FrolicPatch.etsy.com
Handmade, original designs for girls.
"Because every girl needs something to Frolic in!"
annieplayground
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011 06:44:08 PM »

I hear you with the facebook page, I created one and only have 19 follower and that is friends and family lol. I was so excited when I finally openned my Etsy store and well, after a month the excitment is kind of died lol.  As a mother of three, sitting down everyday to blog really isent in the cards right now. Was hoping to find some inspireation or maybe a hidden
treasure among my fellow Crafster Community Friends.

As a child I would do the craft show circuit with my aunt every summer into fall and loved it. Living here on the East Coast now, I'm not really seeing to much of a oppertunity for that. So I am hitting the internet and branching out looking for new ways to share my craft.

I hoping everything goes well for you and if I happen to find that hidden treasure, I'll pass it along Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annie's Playground "Where Craftiness Comes To Play"
www.annieplayground.etsy.com
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011 08:26:16 AM »

Eliea: When you say "make a folder for each moth," you mean a photography folder, yes? That's a neat idea, thanks.

Starwarspunk: Yeah, I should be much better about blogging. Unfortunately, I think that's going to have to wait until my 14 month old is older. Perhaps 13. ~snicker~

Thanks for the responses!

-Jennifer

Yep that's it exactly. I typically label it like so "november 2010 crafty things" or something along those lines and just add to it. It also is nice becasue I tend to feel unproductive and it shows me exactly how much I've created in that time. Smiley

Even if you don't update your blog often make sure to put a link to your shop in your profile or signature everywhere that will let you, and have an etsy "mini" on the sidebar or in your blog somewhere. It helps pull you up in google searches. Smiley  They're super easy to set up and you just copy and paste the html in a box and you're set. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011 08:28:11 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
diyday
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011 01:44:04 PM »

You might want to branch out and sign up for a bunch of other social networking and social bookmarking services - bebo, digg, stumbleupon, delicious, etc - and post/submit links at those places pointing back to your store...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewauction.com
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011 07:29:16 AM »

You might want to get seen on sewauction.com ...enter the contest for a custom extension table
the winner gets posted on the home page. You can sell as much as you like there.

Howdy!

I've had my Etsy store, Frolic Patch, open since October of last year. I design and make girls' clothing for ages 12 months through 6T or so. I haven't had the shop open very long, and with a 14 month old running the floorboards beneath my sewing pedal, I don't get new designs up as often as I would really like.

That being said...

I know that one of the keys to successful Etsy selling can be the traffic from the coinciding FaceBook page. There are even very successful individuals who sell directly from their FB site as well as their Etsy, or use their FB page as the launch point for new designs, then directing the actual purchasers to Etsy.

I've seen giveaways used on FB, contests, and of course we know that word of mouth is a powerful tool.

And yet... I only have 80-ish people who have fanned my FB site.  The bottom line is that I know I need more traffic on my FB site in order to draw people to my Etsy site. Oh, what a tangled media-web we weave when first we practice to sell online crafts!

Any thoughts? Successes? Laughing and pointing?

Cheers!
-Jennifer

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mekenoka
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011 03:29:48 PM »

Not trying to thread jack but how do you sell from fb?  I might be reading that wrong..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladymizri
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011 09:05:23 AM »

I'm having the issue of getting my fb page out there, right now, I mostly have friends and family on it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spider Roll Recipe
Rainbow Roll Recipe
Chakin Sushi Recipe
Insari Sushi Recipe
Vietnamese Shrimp Skewers Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...