A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are YOU giving your valentine?  (Read 2143 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TkRainy

Everybody wants a big ol' slice of a little pie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011 08:49:57 PM »

I was wrong about being wrong and you guys were DEFINITELY right about him maybe having a surprise with me!

I did whine (He is making me so selfish, which is not good) while I was at school today. He said he never said that he hadn't already got me something yesterday (but I know he did and that's what made me upset in the first place) but maybe he meant something else? I kept asking him what he was doing throughout the day because I ask him that when I run out of stuff to say and he kept saying it's secret. I came home to find a HUGE bouquet of balloons, lots of different chocolates, a HUGE nerf gun, tons of extra nerf darts, a box to hold them and extra clips, (we've recently gotten into nerf..) a display set of swords, a love potion, fake roses, (I picked out roses for him to give to his mom and a couple of close girlfriends) a set of soap/lotion/body wash etc, soaped up rose petals, and a stuffed dog.

Talk about a surprise... now I feel that all the work I did for him is underrated and not enough, even though I spent the time and thought and he spent the money.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancycrafter
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013 11:48:13 AM »

This year I made a framed picture I drew. I wrote "Love without reason lasts the longest" and then drew some flowers around the words and framed it. I also made a card from a printable pattern on Martha Stewart's website that was of a train. I made a little envelope and put a note in it and glued it to the little train car on the picture. I also printed some blank Valentines coupons and I'm writing things on them like, "Will watch an action movie with you", "breakfast in bed", etc. and decorating the front with some scrapbooking paper scraps and little letters I have. Will also get some candy as well this week.

For my niece, who is 5, I am making her a little mailbox using this pattern: http://www.simplymodernmom.com/2010/01/special-delivery-paper-mailbox-tutorial-and-pattern/ and decorating the paper myself with hearts and such. I'm putting in a card I made that says "You are tops in my book" and has a slit above the words to put a little bookmark. For the bookmark I cut out 2 little hearts from a pair of old jeans then sewed around it so that it has a pink outline and put stuffing in it. I'm making a beaded bookmark then attaching the heart to the end of it. I'm also putting some Hershey kisses and a Hershey bar (with a wrapper I am making for it... drawing it with the word "Sweetheart" on it and some hearts) in the mailbox.

For my mom, I made her a card that looks like a mailbox and cut out the lid so that the flap opens and I'm making her a beaded bookmark and putting it in the hole of the mailbox on the card.

For my 2 aunts I'm making a drawing and framing it for them (not sure what they will say just yet), won't see them for a while yet (they're coming to visit sometime in March they said), so I still have a while yet on theirs. Also making a card, not certain which one yet (might make the mailbox one and make them a bookmark as well to put in it).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013 11:55:34 AM by fancycrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spicy Meatball Submarine Sandwich Recipe
Elegant Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
Grilled T-Bone Beef Steak Recipe
Celebration Veggie Relish Tray Recipe
Lemon Thyme Boneless Pork Chops Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...