A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
397 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: from washers & tackle to cell phones & ipod . . . major modge podge!  (Read 1373 times)
Tags for this thread: ipod_case  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kwchick
« on: February 06, 2011 09:42:05 AM »

My used ipod was scratched and the glass on the front of my kinda cheap cell was accidentally cracked by my little guy and it looked awwwwwwful. since making a ton of washer and zipper pulls with modge podge & dimensional magic (modge podge's equivalent to glossy accents), I became addicted to it, and decided to cover my phone & ipod . . . heck, even if it didn't turn out/i wrecked them somehow, I would have bought new ones anyway eventually . . . they're not perfect, but it's something that takes practice i think!! it's definitely an improvement for both of them:

I'm not too happy with the cut around the ipod wheel, but otherwise i think they turned out pretty good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't sell my stuff, but become a fan on Facebook!
Shylock_Designs
PawPrints
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011 06:58:16 PM »

That's a cool idea!  I would never have the guts to try it, but you did a good job  Smiley   Also, I'm 99% sure the text on your iPod is from Gone With the Wind...am I right?  That's one of my favorite books and I know it cover to cover!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting hopes and dreams out of stitches and seams

My sewing adventures: www.bellstitches.com
K3lly

i heart jellyfish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011 10:51:56 AM »

Did you put that directly onto your ipod?
How did you not get the Mod Podge all over/inside the technical bits?
I would totally mess this all to bits!!  It look really cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps!
Proud Air Force Wife, and owned by 2 IGs.  <3
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011 01:53:06 PM »

That is SUCH a good idea...my phone's too new and I'm too much of a chicken to try this, but I am thinking REALLY HARD about what else i can try it on!

I made some washers...my friends went, "What do you do with that? Who would wear that?" and my teen daughter said, "Um. cool. But nobody I know wears those."

Rats. We're in the deep south and behind everybody, what can I say?

I love it, and can't wait to see how your bravery will change what gets done with the medium!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
kwchick
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011 05:07:43 PM »

That's a cool idea!  I would never have the guts to try it, but you did a good job  Smiley   Also, I'm 99% sure the text on your iPod is from Gone With the Wind...am I right?  That's one of my favorite books and I know it cover to cover!

lol, you are awesome  Grin . . . . It's my total fav and I would not have cut it up if I did not have 4 other copies . . . this one was kinda battered already.

and yes, right on the ipod and phone . . . i was just very careful and knew I needed new ones anyway if I screwed it up . . . like, the phone had a HUGE crack in the glass front. to help with the ipod, I printed out a paper pattern of it (though mine was older and totally didn't match anyway lol) but I made like a template out of regular white paper first to get all the measurements right. The dimensional magic was fairly runny, so I had to check on it every once in a while and wipe away any excess that had dripped where i didn't want it to, but it didn't damage anything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't sell my stuff, but become a fan on Facebook!
Shylock_Designs
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Your Own Knitting Needles
How to Knit Stargazer Yarn
How to Knit Faux Fur Scarves
How to Crochet Punk Rock Flowers
How to Crochet Artisan Large Flowers
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...