A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: River Rock Floor Mat **WITH TUTORIAL and added suggestions**  (Read 133882 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , featured_project , project_of_the_week  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PepsiTwist
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2007 07:20:36 PM »

I just had a crazy idea while reading some of the responses to this. I think it would be cool to do the entire floor of like a bathroom or maybe even a kitchen or something in river rocks, and use a sandy colored grout... dunno, just a thought. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
absinthe001
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2007 08:50:01 PM »

I have glued rocks on many different surfaces.. but I have never made a floor mat from them! *gears in head turning*  I am now thinking of a moveable outdoor walkway.......Inter esting
and very cool tut! Thankee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peanutbuttanjellay

Craft your life!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2007 09:56:57 AM »

I am sooo inspired.  I'm surprised nobody thought of what I'm about to suggest (maybe because it wouldn't work?)....what if you made one of these mats to line the bottom of a shower with.  You would have to use a base mat with holes so that all the water would drain through.  Also, maybe it would help prevent long hair from clogging the drain.  Does this seem like it could work?  If it would, I want to try it!  Let me know what all you craftsters think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Holligram Dezigns

I fill my time with making Holligram Dezigns...

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2008 03:47:04 PM »

Wow I want to make one.  I like the idea someone had about using the little glass half-marbles...that would look nice together.  I think using a clear placemat or something like that would probably work too.  Great ideas ...keep em coming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have so many ideas, and so little time!
t33ng1rlsqu4d
Throw him to the Balrogs!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2008 07:53:28 PM »

it's incredible the way the rocks in your picture all fit together.

like they're made for each other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
riverrocklady
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2008 01:28:44 PM »

Thanks for this useful and interesting thread. I am about to embark on making my own River Rock mat but I'm trying to do it slightly differently in that I am going to glue the rocks to an existing thin mat I found at Ross Dress for Less--I think the mat cost me $3.99 and the river rocks I have bought so far are from Michaels Arts and Crafts, where if you use a 40% off coupon, cost about $4.00 a bag (they are very fine smooth quality and are the right--larger--size I feel. I also may get some rocks at Walmart to mix in--they had some nice smooth river rocks as well in a large size. The total cost for the project should be around $24 but that still beats the price of the pricey ones I've seen online and I think mine is going to be much more striking.    A Brazilian friend of mine is married to an expert tile installer and she thought any good tile/carpet mastec would be a good adhesive to use.   I was going to use a Liquid Nails for outdoor use.  I'll let you know how it comes out and will post a picture as well if this site allows me to do so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starlitex7
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2012 08:51:55 PM »

so cool. Would it work if you glues them to a boot saver? The plastic tray that you place your shoes when you take them off to enter the house
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jjstarling
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2014 03:12:37 PM »

I can't wait to make one of these!  Thank you for the tips and things you encountered in your sharing this. I can't wait to feel the warm rocks below my feet! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lotusbomb
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2014 06:04:03 PM »

this is awesome.  i have a ton of smooth rocks that i've collected from the beach so i think i want to make one so that i can keep it under my desk to help me stay grounded.  thanks for the tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make Reiki-infused semi-precious bracelets at www.healinggardensh op.etsy.com
EmmyPrewitt
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2014 09:22:02 PM »

That is really neat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pick Lingerie That Complements Your Body Type
How to Wear a Boyfriend Blazer
Wearing Boyfriend Jeans
Tips for Wearing Leggings
How to Wear Your Winter Clothes in Spring
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...