A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,679
Currently Running With Scissors:
742 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FEBRUARY GRANNY-A-DAY 02/01-02/28/2010  (Read 7380 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nfirehazzard

Purple monkey dishwashers!!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011 05:52:00 PM »

So yeah, I ended up making my own square, but I got started with 200 Crochet Squares by Jan Eaton. I love this book, its one of my favorites!

Kittymom: I love that bag, your stuff is always so awesome. I'm too lazy to line my bags..even though I usually by 1/2 a yard of cloth to do so.. I never have! So lazy! lol.

Here are my pics, I'm hoping on having 2 more done by tonight. I started a new job on Monday, and I can only crochet when I get home and things are settled down...so lets hope I have an afghan by the end of this VERY short month!

RH Yarn- DK Orchid, Lavender, Grey Heather, and Soft White

My Squares- (Modified Solid Squares)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
msdrey30
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011 09:48:20 PM »

i got 2 squares done today. been going kinda slow here lately cuz the hubby is home.. wish he would go back to work (he's a over the road trucker).. also took a couple hours to make a hat for myself lol.

nfirehazzard, i would be interested in the pattern for the solid square. the ones i am working on are semi-solid, they still have holes in the corners where i dc2 ch2 dc2 then work the side. are you just not doing the ch2?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011 07:13:06 AM »

Very pretty colors and design...Nfirehazzard.  Congrats on the job, too! Cheesy  I totally understand about the lack of crochet/crafting time w/work.  We live rather remote and DH has a better paying job, so I'm off the hook for the moment.  I'm still getting used to lining bags-even making bags is still new to me.  The more I've done the more I feel it completes and complements the crochet/knit work. =]

msdrey30...know what ya mean about da hubster being around...seems the crafty mojo is out the window somehow!  Wink  But I try anyways, cutting fabric for some reason is still a good way to keep my mind on what I'll do when my time is my own again...=]  I've got quilt squares cut, bibs, coasters, and potholders to sew up this week that I cut up over the weekend!

Here is the project I'm playing with this month...worked on two squares yesterday, finally, and it always feels like I'm messing it up.  So it is slow going until I get the hang of the pattern.

http://web.archive.org/web/20071031111151/http://www.geocities.com/cdjsimon/esthers_square.html
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011 07:15:17 AM by Kittymom13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
nfirehazzard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011 08:05:38 PM »

Thanks Msdrey! Its pretty simple, I'll short hand it for ya, 'cause like I said, I modified a pattern in a book:

Ch 5 to make loop or magic circle.
1. 16 DC
2.Ch3(count as 1 dc), 4 dc in same st, 1 dc in following 3 st, repeat. Join to ch3. (So you'll have 5 DC in the corners and increase as you go.)
3.Ch3, 1 dc in next 2 st, 5 dc in middle dc of prev "5 group", dc in next 7 st, repeat.

And so on, until its as big as you want it to be. I did 6 rows, and you can change color whenever you want. I hope that helped. *smiles*

PS Kittymom: Lucky!! I was just telling the hubby he needs to get a job so I can stay at home and crochet more..but the job market sucks right now. Oh well! Once I get more comfy with my job though, and I'm done with training Ill have PLENTY of time to crochet. Def looking forward to that! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011 02:31:56 AM »

Yes, I've been there...worked long hours and didn't have time to craft.  And it's been about a year since DH's Gram passed away...that was a hit for me...she and I were close...so the crafting has been good.  Anyways, it all come in seasons...I do hope that you get well situated in your job and are able relax in the evenings to crochet.  You do great work and it's a good stress reliever! 
DH reminds me all the time that I'm a kept woman... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EnginerdLisa
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011 04:28:54 PM »

I need this to keep me going.  I am making a giant granny square baby blanket (for project linus).  Can't wait to see what everyone does!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Penny: Oh, wow! A girl scientist!
Leslie Winkle: Yup. Come for the breasts. Stay for the brains.

My Blog (which I suck at keeping up with): Living Lisa
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011 07:01:30 PM »

I got some progress done. Decided to use up a remainder of some random unknown acrylic I got in an ebay lot and I don't know if I just flaked  and added some extra stitches on the granny square or if the yarn is funky, but it is super duper ruffley. Not sure what I am going to do with those two..maybe a purse or add some rows to cover a pillow in hopes of it being stretched? Hah. The other are two are 5 row double crochet squares from 201 Crochet Motifs in RH Buff and Aspen Print.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
nfirehazzard

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011 09:11:28 PM »

@ Zatanna, I love your squares, they're going to make very pretty pillow covers. As for the ruffly part, I would suggest taking out a few stitches. I cant really tell from the pic, but it looks like ur doing 2 DC in the spaces btwn the 3dc that make up the granny. I would suggest leaving those 2 stitches out all together, all the way around, or just doing 1 dc if you think it looks too sparse. That should make everything nice and flat for ya! Good luck! *smiles*
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011 09:12:13 PM by nfirehazzard » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrystalAllen
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011 11:58:25 AM »

I love this idea! I could really use the motivation. I'll have to join in for next month Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
horsygirl321
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011 02:18:09 PM »

Ooohhh can I jump in now?  Cheesy I've got a granny-square quilt-type blanket I just started for my mom.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        You like my designs? Wow, thanks!
      You can check out the patterns here:         
           http://oregonstream.etsy.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Laurie Halse Anderson Talk About Forge
Joseph Maroon Talk About Resveratrol Evidence
Susan Isaacs Talks About As Husbands Go
Narine Nikogosian Offers Hints to Stop Aging
Meet Dr. Jim Loehr
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...