A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: FEBRUARY GRANNY-A-DAY 02/01-02/28/2010  (Read 6389 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011 05:19:27 PM »

@ Zatanna, I love your squares, they're going to make very pretty pillow covers. As for the ruffly part, I would suggest taking out a few stitches. I cant really tell from the pic, but it looks like ur doing 2 DC in the spaces btwn the 3dc that make up the granny. I would suggest leaving those 2 stitches out all together, all the way around, or just doing 1 dc if you think it looks too sparse. That should make everything nice and flat for ya! Good luck! *smiles*

I think you are right, thank!. I was just picking it up and doing it on memory, doh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2011 11:30:21 AM »

they are very pretty squares, zatanna!  I hope you keep making more and show us a very pretty afghan!  I've barely done any crocheting this month.  Argh...gotten into getting sewing projects and working up some destashing projects.  I'm looking in here often for updates, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nfirehazzard

Purple monkey dishwashers!!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011 07:45:43 AM »

Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one looking for updates! Since Ive started my new job all Ive had time for is coming home, eating supper and passing out! I think Ive made 4 more squares since my first picture. This is going to be a tough month, but I'm hoping I'll be able to make up the days Ive missed on the weekends...good luck guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011 08:35:02 AM »

Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one looking for updates! Since Ive started my new job all Ive had time for is coming home, eating supper and passing out! I think Ive made 4 more squares since my first picture. This is going to be a tough month, but I'm hoping I'll be able to make up the days Ive missed on the weekends...good luck guys!

This is supposed to be relaxing, too, so rest and don't stress yourself too much! I'll make an extra square in your honor hah!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
msdrey30
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011 09:35:46 PM »

i actually did a few squares tonight, after reorganizing my crafty area. it was a mess cuz we just redid the tile in our kitchen. only need 1 more yellow square to finish off for the 7th row. then i will be half way done!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
horsygirl321
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011 01:01:46 PM »

I hope you don't mind that I'm just jumping in here.  Smiley I've been working on an quilt-type afghan made from granny squares, and here's what's done so far:

This is one main square, and there will be 6 in the finished afghan, so far so good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        You like my designs? Wow, thanks!
      You can check out the patterns here:         
           http://oregonstream.etsy.com
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011 07:34:15 PM »

I really like that block....I hadn't really thought to do something patterns quite like that, very neato.

Mine are a lot less fab, but I figure I better just keep cranking them out and use up yarn.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2011 02:15:35 PM »

Great job on your squares!  They are going to make for very nice afghans.  I'm a bit wary of doing half-square triangles in crochet...I'd say you're brave horseygirl!  Cheesy

I've not gotten one square done this month.  One that I'd been trying didn't turn out right and I'm working on the next one now.  I think it is pretty, just a bit time consuming. Keep the squares and pics coming.  I hope to post one soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nfirehazzard

Purple monkey dishwashers!!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2011 05:15:10 PM »

I think I'm going to call it, and put off my blanket until next month. A friend of mine just found out she's having a girl... so to the yarn wall I go to fetch some pink. It's like the babies never end! Lol. Good luck guys, I love what I'm seeing so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
horsygirl321
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011 11:38:07 AM »

zatanna, I really like how your squares are more filled out than the traditional granny.   Smiley
Thanks, Kittymom13; those half-squares take me awhile, but I'm liking the outcome.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You like my designs? Wow, thanks!
      You can check out the patterns here:         
           http://oregonstream.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Your Digital Camera for Use
How to Care for Your Digital Camera
How to Take Photos Outdoors
How to Photograph Pets
How to Photograph Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...