A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
596 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: February 2011 Birthday Swap Lists (S/U Feb. 1-28)  (Read 9151 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 01, 2011 01:57:46 PM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. NO,REALLY!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM.

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=371791.0

Swap name: February 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:Slingmomma
Craftster member who is coorganizing:
Sign-up date range:  February 1-28
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=371791.0

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=371791.0  Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback."

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. *New Rule* If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put February Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner. 

If you format your PMs like this: 
Format for PMs:

Proper label:
"February Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by January 14
kaz814 to Troublet -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items
--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen
--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.
--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):

Name of swap: February 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap, you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=371791.0
  Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- February 2011 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=371791.0

THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011 01:59:57 PM »

Sent
Received
Sending Late
Contact organizer ASAP

(# Claims Made, # Claims Sent, # Claims Arrived at Destination)

Birthday Swappers (linked to their lists!)
Troublet Feb 16th (2/1/1) 4 gifts coming
SAHMama Feb 15th (2/1/0) 2 gift coming
QueenNinjaMonkey Feb 26th (1/1/0) 1 gift coming
IdlersDesign Feb 16th (2/2/1) 2 gifts coming
wx2dzug Feb 4th (1/0/0) 1 gift coming
Sarahd Feb 8th(3/0/0) 2 gifts coming
tabiekat Feb 6th (1/0/0) 1 gift coming
crymson Feb 13th (1/0/0) 1 gift coming
goktrose Feb 24th (2/1/0) 3 gifts coming
cyndy225 Feb 25th (2/1/0) 2 gift coming
CharmmyKitty Feb 18th (1/0/0) 3 gifts coming
TheSapphireMoon Feb 14th (1/0/0) 3 gifts coming
mistress_batty Feb 3rd (1/0/0) 1 gift coming

Non-birthday Swappers (linked to their profile!)
Slingmomma (2/0/0)
Miss Barbara (3/1/1)
kaz814 (1/1/0)
alwaysinmyroom (0/0/0)
hardyswanton01 (1/1/0)
Avesthel (1/1/1)

Claims lists:

Send by Feb 15th:

Miss Barbara to Troublet for a lap blanket thank you card recieved

Send by Feb 16th:
Troublet to IdlersDesign for scrubbies and a wisty surprise

Send by Feb 17th:
IdlersDesign to Troublet for wool dryer balls and crochet hooks with handles
IdlersDesign to wx2dzug for a wist surprise
kaz814 to QueenNinjaMonkey for a wisty surprisethank you card received

Send by Feb 18th:
hardyswanton01 to crymson for a laptop bag thank you card received

Send by Feb 19th:
crymson to SAHMama for a wallet
QueenNinjaMonkey to Sarad for a jar of whimsies and NBC ornaments
goktrose to Sarad for a Day of the Dead item!
SAHMama to Idlersdesign  for an I-spy bag and another goodie

Send by Feb 20th:
cyndy225 to goktrose for an amigurumi or stuffy

Send by Feb 21st:
wx2dzug to cyndy225 for jewellery

Send by Feb 22nd:
CharmmyKitty to Goktrose for a companion cube plushie

Send by Feb 24th:
Sarad to SAHMama for reusable "cloth" paper towels and reusable snack bags
Sarad to Troublet for a hoopla embroidery and a stenciled t-shirt
**Avesthel to Troublet for a Wisty surprise thank you card received

Send by Feb 27th:

tabiekat to goktrose for something with spyro the dragon.
goktrose to CharmmyKitty for a surprise mix of her wishlist

Send by Feb 28th:
**Miss Barbara to goktrose for hat, chuthlu scarf, fingerless gloves thank you card received

Send by Mar 1st:
TheSapphireMoon to tabiekat for an apron

Send by Mar 2nd:
SAHMama to TheSapphireMoon for an apron top
Troublet to cyndy225 for a pin cushion and some supplies
mistress_batty to TheSapphireMoon for a wisty surprise

Send by Mar 3rd:
**Slingmomma to CharmmyKitty for hair accessories and jewellry thank you card sent
**Slingmomma to Troublet for a wallet and a gift for her daughter Thank you card sent!

Send by Mar 5th:
cyndy225 to mistress_batty for a surprise

Send by Mar 6th:
**Miss Barbara to TheSapphireMoon for a wisty surprise thank you card received
Sarahd to CharmmyKitty for a compact mirror

Send by Mar 7th:
**alwaysinmyroom to IdlersDesign for a surprise thank you car received
**alwaysinmyroom to Sarad for a surprise thank you card received

Send by Mar 9th:
Sarad to wx2dzug for homemade bath stuff, glass pendants and pinking shears
Sarad to crymson for some supplies
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011 10:18:50 AM by Slingmomma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011 02:23:31 PM »

I live in Georgia, USA and have a wonderful husband, 2 kidlets and a cat who uses me as her pillow. I'm a Spanish teacher so if you craft something for my classroom (decor or organizational stuff), rest assured that it will be used and appreciated.  My favorite colors are the jewel tones, autumn hues and gold. I'm not into pink, yellow or orange, but I can tolerate them in very tiny amounts.

More info about me can be found in my profile and blog (noted in my sig below)
my wist: http://www.wists.com/troublet

My DD will be turning 5 this month as well. (I'm not dealing well with my baby girl starting Kindy! Sad ) If you want to add something in for her (crafted or not), I'll be sure that she sends you a Thank You. Cheesy

Here's my wish list:

BIG WISHES are in red!

Thread craft
~Embroidery for my Hoopla Wall Thank you Sarad! Cheesy
~heavy duty pot holders - we cook a LOT with cast iron so it needs to be well padded.
~fruit cozies - I eat apples, navel oranges, and bananas every day.
~crocheted/knitted socks or slippers - matched or scrappy
~lap quilt/afghan - I'm always cold! Thank you Miss Barbara! Cheesy
~crocheted washcloths or dishcloths

Sewn Craft
~an altered zip-up hoodie - size Large
~a check book cover - Mine is falling apart.
~a full apron w/ pockets for me
~mug rug made in one of my fav. themes (nature, Japanese culture, abstract done in my fav. colors)
~snack bags for carrying mid morning munchies to work
~ a wallet w/ room for credit cards and a good zipper pouch for coins

Miscellaneous crafts

~bookmarks - I read a lot!
~headbands, barrettes or hair clips
~handmade ceramic coffee mugs
~bath salts (no sugars please) or CP soap
~lip balm - MAJORLY addicted to mint balm!
~handmade Christmas ornaments - I love quirky, comical ornaments. Nothing religious though please.
~earrings - I prefer small danglies, not super danglies, post or fish hook is fine.
~a container of yummy granola - NO HONEY please. I've a serious allergy to honey.
~a hanging earring holder that matches my bedroom or bathroom
~Stenciled t-shirts (adult large, prefer men's style shirt w/o a pocket, cap sleeves look horrible on me)Thank you Sarad! Cheesy
~Wall art in your favorite medium - PM me for ideas
~wool dryer balls - I have one set but have learned that I need about 3 sets with the amount of laundry that I do! Thank you IdlersDesign! ...more of these would be welcome
~altered altoid tin needle book
~metal crochet hooks with poly clay handles - I would love mid to large range hooks! I already have a really good set of fine thread hooks.Thank you IdlerDesign!

Wist surprises are welcome! Cheesy Thank you Avesthel for a wisty surprise!

Supplies:

Embroidery floss- cotton, silk or linen, Please no rayon! It's the Devil!
Wooden embroidery hoops
Embroidery and tapestry needles
Fabric scraps in my favorite themes (under 1/4 yd is fine)
Repurposed linen fabrics suitable for embroidery - solid or simple prints, no busy prints please

Extras that are guaranteed to make me smile!
~I love hot tea, loose or in bags! I drink herbal mostly. My favorites are lemon zinger and Earl Grey.
~Dark Chocolate
~Mint gum
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011 05:08:38 PM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SAHMama
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011 03:33:37 PM »

I'm Sarah & I'm a stay-at-home mom in Chicago. I have 2 sons: Cooper, 3, & Dexter, 1. My birthday is February 15!

I love orange. I'm not a huge fan of purple. I like everything else. I probably don't like neons too much. I LOVE batik & ombre stuff. I have way too many, but I still adore bags. I dont carry a regular purse, but I adore messenger style bags. I love Dr. Seuss (especially Oh, The Places You'll Go) & I really like whimsical designs. I prefer useful items to knick knacks, especially because we're trying to declutter in preparation for moving. I also love citrus (as food and as a theme or fabric). Id love anything for my kitchen to be citrus themed Smiley I generally dont wear makeup or jewelery, except for anklets in the summer.

We have no allergies, but I get migraines from cigarette smoke so I'm very sensitive to that.

Crafts

***SUPER BIG WISH*** a shrug similar to these
The brown one is most like what Im looking for, but maybe something less bulky & more fitted (maybe stretchy). A large & simple stitch would be fine!

**Big wish**
* Kids coat rack (the kind that hang on the wall & have pegs or hooks). I adore this, but painted wood or something else would be great too.

* Hobo gloves. I LOVE the ones ifalltheraindrops made in OWS round 62; I love the long fingers and the length on the wrist Smiley

* Something Slurpee or Icee inspired. Im obsessed. I have an Icee shirt & I wear it constantly. Im open to whatever you can come up with!

* Reusable cloth paper towels. I really like the ones that are flannel on one side & birdseye cloth on the other. Thanks sarad!

* Reusable snack bags Thanks sarad!

* Wool dryer balls

* Clothes. I generally wear a size medium. I have lots of shirts & skirts I like on my wist.

* I could really use a nice wallet. I have several on my wist. I really need one that will hold LOTS of cards & stuff. Thanks crymson!

* Kids storage/organization stuff. I adore everything on this site (but not the pink girly stuff).

* Natural moth balls. Theres a tutorial here and some on Etsy here, but Im fine with any version (as long as it works!).

* Educational or imaginative games/toys for the kids. Cooper always loves the alphabet & animals & is currently obsessed with maps. We love The Hungry Little Caterpillar & books by Sandra Boynton, particularly the little Pookie books, so anything inspired by those would be great. Dr. Seuss too! Smiley

* Dress up items for Cooper (& eventually Dexter). We already have a superhero capes, an apron, and pirate accessories. Playsilks would be great too.

* Handknit socks (size 9)

* Hand spun/hand dyed yarn (I'm just starting to crochet!)

* Tie dye socks (shoe size 9, preferably rainbow)

* A personalized busy book for my soon-to-be-1-year-old son Dexter (Cooper has a personalized one already & we have another one too & love them both. We can't get enough!)

NEW * jar of whimsies (for use in i-spy bags)

* Something from my wist or another surprise you think Id like Wink

Supplies

* Pattern weights
* Solid color short sleeve button up boys shirts (hand-me-downs or thrifted are fine) in size 4T, XS or S. I plan to use them to make uniform shirts for me sons for dress up (police man, delivery man, etc)
* Yarn - preferably natural fibers. I'm just starting to crochet so any crochet supplies are appreciated. Smiley
* Medium/heavy weight iron on interfacing
* Knit fabric. Maybe jersey or interlock, but anythings probably good. I prefer solid, darker colors. Black or grey would be great.
* Anything for storage of sewing supplies. I have lots of ribbon (on spools & loose), thread, elastic, zippers, velcro, & other odds & ends that need spiffy new (or new to me) homes.
* snap press (used is fine!)

Extras

* Clear plastic bags from packages of bedding, onesies, shower curtains,etc. I plan to use them as project bags.
* Pink grapefruit tea
* Hot chocolate (I dont like dark or white chocolate)
* Candy - anything that's not spicy or very sour. I also like milk chocolate (I dont like dark or white chocolate)
* Good diabetic recipes (basically low cal, low fat, low carb, and no artificial sweeteners); we recently found out DH has Type II Diabetes
* Bento stuff - boxes or accessories
* used or thrift clothing with fabric I can use (interesting  prints or textures or corduroy).
* fabric scraps

THANKS! Smiley
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011 09:14:06 PM by SAHMama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011 09:42:17 PM »

Hi! My name is Wendy and I live in Michigan with my video game obsessed 8 year old son and my Mother. My favorite color is brown, and I love brown and aqua together and the Neopolitain color combo. Though I do like all colors so you can't really go wrong! I love to read, play video games and of course craft. Love zombies, skulls, Tim Burton, creepy/cute, polar bears, wombats, bugs, tattoos and many other things, I have more listed on my profile. Though I do hate the smell of patchouli and cigarette smoke.

I would love anything off, or inspired by my Wist  http://wists.com/QueenNinjaMonkey

Crafted Items

Mid calf or knee high knit socks
Stenciled T shirt in fitted ladies large ( ideas on my Wist)
Headbands (no ties or tails)
Weekender Bag ( disgustingly huge wish I know!)
Bed organizer like this http://wists.com/QueenNinjaMonkey/d2b08f225247a1d59c0f3592be31b176  but in brown and aqua, maybe polka dots
Closet door organizer
Jar of whimsies
Tattoo inspired jewelry
Ticket bowls in red, white and blue stripes
Ribbon organizer able to hang on wall
Hand spun yarn in aquas, spring greens
Courage the Cowardly Dog Amigurumi
Finn and Jake from Adventure Time Amigurumis
Anything Day of the Dead
Massage oil candle ( coconut, vanilla, chocolate, cinnamon )
Scarf (a few ideas in wist)
Reusable snack bags
Hoop embroidery art
Knit slouchy slipper boots in dark and light gray stripes

Supplies

Stamp carving tool
Empherma
Old brown, aqua and cream T shirts ( for a rag rug)
Rock/ natural shades of roving ( to make felted rock rug)
Bottle caps
Old keys
Rotary cutter
Old buttons

Extras

Flavored hot cocoa (especially cinnamon)
Chicken Bones candy ( cinnamon and chocolate)
Kinder Eggs
Bumble Bars ( any Chai, chocolate cherry)
Old craft magazines ( any Sommerset, sewing, beading, etc.)
Creepy Crochet book
Zombie Felties book
Any cupcake cook book

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
44/150
My List
IdlersDesign
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011 09:06:35 AM »

Hi, I'm Christina, I live in the Netherlands (Europe) with my sweet game addicted & philosopher husband, 1,5 year old son and our cat Mollie. My birthday is on the 16th. I'm a French teacher, I love learning foreign languages (currently learning Japanese), travelling, discovering nature, indoor gardening (outdoor too, but I don't have a garden yet...) and crafting. In fact I have more interests than time..
We don't have any allergies.

Themes & colours I love: nature, crafting, animals, herbs, dark green, natural colours, black, summer colours (I'm so looking forward to spring and summer!), retro colours/themes, yoga, horror anything (love Hammer movies!), recycled, re-usable, frugal products and there are many more things I like in my profile!

Dislikes: pink, white, pastels, Disney, artificial fragrances

Big wishes are in green  Cool

Crafted items

A wallet, preferably something like this:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/235253_22Nov10_wallet.jpg
or this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/44845933/handmade-tomboy-billfold-wallet-summer
(well, as long as it holds cards and coins)

carved stamps (nature, animals, plants, Japan, craft-related or any theme from my profile)

Knitted or crocheted dish scrubbies: thanks Troublet!

Animal finger puppets.

reusable sandwich/snack bags

- found objects wind chime

A monster pencil case like this:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330735.msg3819876#msg3819876

- Spiral earrings like this http://www.etsy.com/listing/61826249/small-spirals-organic-wooden-earrings?ref=sr_list_2&ga_search_query=spiral%2Bearrings&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2
(made from polymer clay?)

A yoga mat bag

Yoga pants (size small)

A cuff or bracelet, for example
Crocheted bracelets like this:
http://www.wists.com/IdlersDesign/1e4ce224f4de5e3760631691a4d33805?offset=0
or cuffs like this:
http://www.wists.com/IdlersDesign/5a8cf71820e993993dfd682bf7971aca?offset=20
or any other knitted/crocheted/sewn bracelet/cuff in a dark colour or green.(wrist size a little less than 6 inch)

'Future crafter' or 'future gamer' t-shirt for my son. (size 2T)

Or a pirate, animal, Barbapapa t-shirt for him.

comfy pants for my son (size 2T)

fabric bucket
. (for example: http://www.wists.com/IdlersDesign/0f50021d4310fcebbf1268115a980ffb?offset=40)

a lap quilt/afgan (to keep me warm in this long cold winter)

Knitted or crocheted socks (size 7 or DH size 9). I like ones made of scraps.

A scoodie, something like this: http://www.wists.com/IdlersDesign/3ef47f0f296d595ed62b27844e474cb6?offset=0

- A dragon hoodie for my son (size 2T) like for example this one: http://www.wists.com/IdlersDesign/e2892b6da4b88444bbdf7051c0e55bb5?offset=40

An I spy bag for my son. I really like this one: http://www.wists.com/IdlersDesign/ac0134f37d7784be9799287fa66f563c?offset=0  Thanks SAHMama!

Pillow covers 40x40 cm (=15,5 inch square) or 70x70 cm (=27,5 inch square) in natural or retro colours.

A door name to hang on my son's bedroom door (his name is Mikio).

A cover for my sewing machine

Granny squares/variations smaller than 4  in retro colours, for making a blanket.

Cloth training pants for my son (he's starting to be interested in the toilet =)

A small coin purse in fun colours or nice fabric.

- Pottery, especially tea cups, small desert bowls in natural/earth colours or green.

A magic yarn ball (they always look so much fun)

A surprise from my wist (http://www.wists.com/IdlersDesign) Thanks Troublet!

A surprise from my Etsy favorites (http://www.etsy.com/people/IdlersDesign/favorites)

Craft supplies:

sewing patterns! (for training pants, wallets, bags, cloths, kids cloths (boys/gender neutral)
Fabric: Japanese/cute/nature theme/kids/animals/designer.
(I also love scraps!!)
Handspun or any yarn ( I prefer green or other natural colours)
Wool for spinning (I recently started using a drop spindle)
your favorite recipes for cakes, bread, vegetarian meals.
craft ideas/supplies to do with a toddler
cookie cutters in fun shapes
fabric markers
freezer paper
- altoid tin
- old keys
Rotary cutter
- pins

Extras

- Herbal or green tea
- Chocolate (mmm chocolate!)
- Small tarot cards
- A small souvenir from where you live.
- Anything you think a 1,5 y/o or I will like to play with.

Thanks in advance for claiming me!

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011 04:59:44 AM by IdlersDesign » THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
wx2dzug
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011 01:52:56 PM »

Hi I'm Kirsten. I'll be turning 23 on 2/4. I live in Illinois. I just graduated college in December and I'm in the process of looking for work  Shocked Some of my favorite things include domokun, sock monkeys, rubber ducks, and harry potter. I am extremely disorganized so anything that organizes things in any way would be appreciated.

I spend a lot of time on the train, I'm not sure if you can craft me something for that, but I thought it was worth mentioning.  Tongue

I love the colors red, green, and pink. I enjoy bike riding (especially the tandem bike), geocaching, reading, cooking, and crafting.

Crafted Items

Homemade soap/bath stuff (I love CP soap! and bubble bath/bath bombs)

Big bag for weekend travel(doesn't have to be the weekender bag, just something easy to carry)

Fabric scrap bucket (like the kind that hangs off the table)

Wist surprise (wists.com/wx2dzug) (Thanks IdlersDesign!) (More Wist Surprises are welcome of course!)

Makeup brush roll

Hair straightener bag (heat proof) (I have this one http://www.amazon.com/Remington-Wet-Straight-Flat-Iron/dp/B000BH3D7E)

Some sort of case for my Ipod touch 4g. I have a rubber case for it, but I was thinking something that would hold it along with my headphones.

Makeup bag/organizer

A flower like this http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.45616733.jpg but without the beads in the muddle, and just one

Treasure candle

Supplies

Non plastic beads/jewelry findings

Cake/cookie decorating supplies

Glass pendants (to make glass pendants with)

1" button parts

Pinking shears

Surprises are good here too

Extras

Chocolate

Coffee (whole beans is preferred)

Matcha tea

Strange/cool rubber duck

Bento Box

Anything you want to send me
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011 12:39:45 PM by wx2dzug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarad
The Raddest

Were you saying boo or Boo-urns?

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011 08:11:23 PM »

Hi! I live in Houston, TX in a house I bought with my boyfriend in October. Were first time homebuyers, and we love it! We also have 2 cats and a dog living with us. My birthday is Feb 8th. Im going on a cruise with my boyfriend from the 5th through the 10th to Mexico to celebrate!

Likes/themes (just to give you an idea of the kinds of things I'm in to): Skulls, creepy/cute, owls, birds (my boyfriend and I call each other Bird as a pet name), pandas, penguins, black, pink, silver, copper, dark gray, leather, pyramid studs, Nightmare Before Christmas, Day of the Dead/Mexican kitsch, Luchadors, Milagros, tattoos, plaid, argyle, Futurama (our dog is named Bender), Mystery Science Theater, cameos, silhouettes, sexy librarian, Kevin Smith films

Dislikes: gold jewelry, religious themes (except for in Day of the Dead context-Mary)

Crafts
Day of the Dead anything (would especially like a shrine) Thanks goktrose!
Bender amigurumi
Bellas mittens from Twilight
Dish scrubbies
Katrina Pin Cushion like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=349020.0
Skull wrist pin cushion, perhaps on a leather cuff, pyramid studs would be a plus!
Bless This House cross stitch! http://www.etsy.com/listing/61597775/bless-this-house or,
   if you can figure out the pattern and colors, I can cross stitch it myself if you send    me the pattern! Whichever!
Owl stuffed animal
Anything from or inspired my wists! Surprise me! LOVE surprises!
   http://www.wists.com/Sarad
Embroidery hoopla (especially bird, owl or skull theme)
Skull themed art work for my bathroom-should be immune to condensation!
A ribbon storage device (something that will hold about a dozen rolls and can hang on the
   wall)
Skully necklaces or wrist cuff
Pillows for me and my bfs bed. Our current bed pillows are flat and horrible!
Altered Altoid tins
Oven mitts
Cute kitchen dish towels (trying to not use so many paper towels!)
Deviled egg plate (you know, the one with the egg holes?) perhaps decorated in an
   awesome crafty way!
Cameo jewelry (necklace most likely)
Yarn bowl
DIY Spinning kit (drop spindle)
DIY Silk Screening kit (doesnt have to be fancy; Im thinking about trying the embroidery hoop/mod podge technique
   http://community.livejournal.com/craftgrrl/3674467.html?page=1
Obi style belt
Magic Yarn Ball
Jar of whimsiesThanks QueenNinjaMonkey!
Skully or Nightmare Before Christmas themed Christmas ornaments Thanks QueenNinjaMonkey!
Couch pillows or pillow covers with the silhouettes from MST3K would be awesome
Cool spoon holder for the stove

Supplies
Bottle Caps
Rotary cutter self healing mat
Silver Milagros
Embroidery patterns from my wist
Tea towels to embroider
Empty Altoid tins
Origami paper
The Art of Manipulating Fabric book. Used is perfectly fine!

Extras
Kinder Eggs!!!!
Dove milk chocolate
Japanese erasers
Skully, zombie, or devil rubber duckie for my bathroom
Sour Patch kids
Altoid sours (any flavor)
Kid Robot figures, especially Futurama! (We already have Fry, Mom, and Nibbler)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011 02:47:41 PM by Sarad » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty? Like a fox my friend. Like a FOX!
tabiekat
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011 12:48:49 AM »

Hi my name is Tabitha. i live in tasmania in a house on my own. in a month i will be getting two kittens. my birthday is 6th feb.

i like bright coulors, red is my favorite. i like fantasy and sci fi.  some tv shows i like are the big bang theory, futurama, doctor who, the simpsons. i love robbie williams. i like cartoons espesially disney. i like video games like the legend of zelda seris, kingdom hearts. i do karate, i train three times a week. i likke to cook. i love the care bears. i love cats. i like pokemon.

i hate butterflies. i dont like twighlight/ the vampire romance thing.

wishlist
sheldon amiguri like this one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=370219.0
Resin pendant kit for a complete and total beginner
Tote bags
a doll ami or stuffie . ( Zelda, sheldon, Sailor Mercury . Robbie Williams)
anything care bear  related
a crochet doll like this one or anyother on this blog http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.com/2010/07/despicable-minion.html
something inspired by/ from my wist http://wists.com/tabycat
artwork
an apron thanks TheSaphireMoon!
some thing cat
resin pendants of cats, robbie williams, legend of Zelda, doctor who
doctor who amiguri/ stuffie ( the tenth doctor is my first choice, eleven is second)
a basic bag with the eye of hoirus symbol that is found on robbie weilliams album intesive care embroidered on or ironed on
the painting in my wist
# big wish# a  robbie williams poppet

happy birthday February crafsters!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011 12:04:43 AM by tabiekat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
crymson
I am the Lazy Druid.

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011 01:06:45 PM »

Hey, my name is Heather. I live in Pennsylvania by the lovely Lake Erie. My birthday is the 13th and I'll be 19! I'm living in a studio apartment with my boyfriend and our dog and kitten. We're both pretty hardcore gamers, with Warcraft topping the list for both of us and console games like Fable, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age. My favorite shows are Stargate [SG-1 and Atlantis], House, and Glee.
Not a huge fan of the vampire thing, Twilight forever ruined that for me.
Love Summer and Autumn colors. Especially beachy colors, time spent at Lake Erie made me love those blues and sandy browns.

Birthday Wishlist: Wists
[Font size depicts size of item]
Crafts
Cat Druid plush like seen here. With white fur and light purple mane and shoulder symbols.[really really want]
Laptop bag [17.5in screen]
Thanks hardyswanton01
Earrings [anything but huge hoops]
Hats [crochet, knit, sewn]
ATCs
Decorative items based on tv shows, games, etc

Plushies for myself of pets
Antything from my wist

Supplies
Poly clay [I prefer FIMO]
Jersey stretch
Leather [scraps, pieces, whatever]
Good seam ripper
Thread
Fur [real, faux]
Glass/wood beads
Blank tins
Small glass bottles [1-3"]

Extras
Chocolate
Pretty rocks [I collect beach rocks]
Warcraft trading cards and other related items
Seashells
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011 08:48:45 PM by crymson » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Richard Madeley
Stefanie Wilder-Taylor Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
S. E. Cupp Talks About Losing Our Religion
Jennifer Vanderbes Talks About Strangers at the Feast
The Hacienda Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...