A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,245
Currently Running With Scissors:
751 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 190
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 7 (signups Jan. 31 - Feb. 14, 2011; sendouts Apr. 14, 2011)  (Read 88057 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NotKnit

My best works.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1220 on: March 13, 2011 11:18:00 AM »

I don't mind adult as in language but don't really care for adult as in sexual. Like chrispykreme, I'm often toting a toddler and have a baby on the way, so nothing that would look bad in the preschool pick-up circle, you know.

For stuffing, I could do it myself, particularly if it saved room on shipping but if it on the smaller to medium size it would be nice to have it already stuffed just because I tend to be busy or lazy these days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blushingbluegrass

Bowl of Petunias: Oh no, not again.

« Reply #1221 on: March 13, 2011 11:26:48 AM »

Scrappy or matchy matchy?
Each in its own place.

How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff?
All about it!

How do you go about swap research?
Craftster posts, wists, normally talking to my partner  

Flower prints?
Not my thing

Stuffing?
Sure!

puns?
Anyone who has seen my wist knows I am all about adult jokes, puns, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please.

wisting on a star....
DaisyTattoo
« Reply #1222 on: March 13, 2011 11:58:43 AM »

I too am ok with stuffing something.

I need to quit being lazy and get to working on something. But sitting here is just so comfy. Would be more comfy if I would redo this chair though......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sophieangele
Two-headed girl

lacing fingers through the notches of your spine

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1223 on: March 13, 2011 12:13:42 PM »

Flower prints - modern, funky ones are nice

Puns - no thanks

Stuffing - yes that would be fine
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DaisyTattoo
« Reply #1224 on: March 13, 2011 12:26:09 PM »

Glad I haven't redone my chair yet...my daughter just dumped a can on pepsi onto it. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

haroldlovesmaude
Yossarian Lives!

I see the fire, I see the end.

« Reply #1225 on: March 13, 2011 12:39:57 PM »

Dear stalkee,

I have not had time to make you anything besides the two smaller items I have already completed and one thing that is about 1/4 done, even though this past week was my spring break. Unfortunately I had to spend the majority of it studying for a math Praxis exam I think I failed. Sad But I have materials for the things I want to make, and I think I may get started on them today to salvage my last day of spring break. Or I may just sit here and do nothing... We'll see. Smiley I have fabric for your ___ but I don't have a ____ to create the pattern, so I'm trying to figure out a different way I can do this, and while typing I think I just thought of a way.. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They had not brains enough to be introverted and repressed." -Catch-22
etsy shop & faves
madmommymia
« Reply #1226 on: March 13, 2011 02:12:02 PM »

I know I am so behind on everything in this discussion thread.  However, I finished some research for my stalkee and hope to buckle down after I send out for my Amelie swap in a few days.

As far as comments for my stalker:  practical is always the best way to go, we have so much stuff I am always trying to cut down to things I really love and use. 
We have lots of kids around, so while I love sex (severe understatement) nothing too raunchy or innuendo like please. 
I love the colors red and medium/light blue and am always trying to fit them into the ecclectic style of our house.  We also have some chocolate browns and light greens in our decor. 
I like food smells the best, like bright bold floral patterns in small doses, but live in a house of boys, so nothing too frilly or old lady like please. 
My wist is the best to go off, although my questionnaire is also fairly detailed. 
I can stuff things myself if it makes it easier.
I like words and quotes included on things.  One of the new quotes I really like is "It's never too late to be what you might have been" by George Eliot.  I also love "Be the change you wish to see in the world." and a zillion other things.
I might have answered some of this before and I might not have, I have mommy brain and am also in the midst of starting selling some of my crafts on the side to raise money for our adoption so all my mental wires are getting criss crossed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My friends I am addicted to "crackster".  I think they might be right.
I am interested in personal swaps, just send me a pm!

I love my life, my hubby, my sons, and my 2 crazy dogs!  Isn't life grand?
witchybelle4u2
I am the terror that flaps in the night...

"I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!"

« Reply #1227 on: March 13, 2011 02:19:35 PM »

Thanks, folks. Craftster is such a wonderfully supportive place. Smiley

Adult themes and puns are a go. Adult as in sexual and as in language. (I have a potty mouth.)

I'm not so great with the stuffing... I always end up a bit lumpy. Sad

I LOVE tie dye. Big time. Especially bright colours. I don't like batik though. Or floral prints for that matter.

I don't really drink tea or coffee. I'll have maybe a cup of coffee every couple of weeks.

Recycled is all good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Careful...there are occupational hazards to being a god." (The Transcendent Pig)
gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1228 on: March 13, 2011 02:28:18 PM »

I don't think I ever answered the question about flower prints:  I adore 70's type flower prints but not to wear.  A largish tote, a lap blanket, a covered notebook.... that type thing would be fun.  There are other florals I love but they are hard to describe so I guess don't go there unless its on my wist.

I can stuff and seam but I agree with the person who said that only applies to things that can be stuffed with fiberfill type stuffing.  I want no part of microbeads if I have to handle them myself.

I'm not sure if this was one question or two or if I'm just confused, but...  I love things with letters, words, quotes on them ( but I don't like monograms... go figure).  

As far as adult puns and the like, I do enjoy that sort of humor but only on things that can be kept private.  I received a naughty bookmark based on The Owl and The Pussycat in a swap a while back that I simply adore and use all the time.  So if it's adult in nature or naughty, things that would work for me would be bookmarks, stationary or notecards to share with friends who would appreciate them, purse mirrors, sunglass case, an altered journal, etc

Oh, and I'm not sure I answered the recycled question.  I adore the idea of upcycled, recycled, repurposed but I tend to not enjoy the finished project so much.  I have received a couple of upcycled things in swaps that I adore though, so if you are able to create a really quality item with those methods, I would love nothing more than to receive them.    
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edie22
« Reply #1229 on: March 13, 2011 03:09:46 PM »

28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large?(mom2em-Pg.92)
That would be okay with me!
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?
Kitchen:Living room:Craft room:Bedroom(quaggy-Pg.96)
Kitchen: doesn't matter
living room: doesn't matter, we're redoing it this summer
craft room: I'm moving to the florida room and plan on painting in like light green and hanging shelves and getting a couple of lamps?  so whatever is good.  I'm putting my hoopla wall up in there too

bedroom: doesn't matter
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? (EkkaGrrl-Pg.98)
soaps.  I like the IDEA of soaps? but I never use them when i get them.  but i love citrus, lemongrass that sort of thing
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing?(sloth003-Pg.100)
i prefer a little bigger. I'm a big girl, i don't need tight things. 
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik?(MissCrafty29-Pg.107)'
not a big fan of either
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours?(MissCrafty29-Pg.111)
coffee! but I never make my own, and especially not flavored.  I prefer starbucks.  I like tea from starbucks too.
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy?(sloth003-Pg.112)
either! I'm easy about that sort of thing
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff?(writer_crafter-Pg.114)
i don't really like things from trashy? like, recycled starbucks wrappers or that kind of thing.  repurposed jeans into purses, or use the denim, reuse a tshirt... that's okay.  reuse the yarn? awesome.  but like, plarn? not a big fan if that makes sense
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc?(JaquelineD-Pg.115)
I make lists that i lose.  i make folders with bookmarks.  I look at wists constantly
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be?(JaquelineD-Pg.117)
shy, fun, crafty
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. (goktrose-Pg.121)
i'm all about the dirty, adult nature etc.  You're not going to offend me unless you're being racist or anti-gay or in some other way intolerant
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you?(Tanza-Pg.121)
I could, but i actually don't have any stuffing right now.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 190 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Annie Leonard Talks About The Story of Stuff
Sabrina Jeffries Talks About Let Sleeping Rogues Lie
Kathy Ireland on Real Solutions for Busy Moms Devotional
Erin Downing Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Tony and Angela DiTerlizzi Reveal the Talents They Wish They Had
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...