A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,363
Currently Running With Scissors:
446 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 190
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 7 (signups Jan. 31 - Feb. 14, 2011; sendouts Apr. 14, 2011)  (Read 101139 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

honeyd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

warning: do not eat your fortune.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #920 on: March 04, 2011 05:54:56 PM »

Practical crafts: Either or is good with me.  I like a lot of decorative stuff so anything is great.

Item size: I have no idea.  I know this isn't helpful, but I like tiny things, and big things and I'd be happy with anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

valsped

Can you guess my real name from this?

« Reply #921 on: March 04, 2011 06:09:14 PM »

I'd be happy with a box filled with 1pointers Grin
Yep this is me! I just want everyone to have fun! If you aren't able to make a large...then bring on the medium...or small! Besides, my idea of large might be completely different than yours.

I couldn't agree more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am addicted swaps, including personal swaps!
gamemom42
« Reply #922 on: March 04, 2011 06:12:52 PM »

I may be wrong, but I think most things I ask for in my questionnaire and on my wist are small/medium/and maybe largish medium rather than large.  I would never open a swap package and have a problem if my partner had chosen an extra small or medium rather than a large.  Well, I guess the knitted things on my wist are almost always larges in time no matter how small the things are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DaisyTattoo
« Reply #923 on: March 05, 2011 11:01:40 AM »

Ok Ladies.... I've seen several requests for a list of the questions. I can't post them on the front page, obviously...but I can list them here for ya'll to catch up...if you see this post anyway. So here goes....

1. Would you be okay with a set of smaller items in place of one large item?(Valsped-Pg.28)
2. Would it be okay to send a specific(expensive)crafting kit as a large item?(jadeye-Pg.35)
3. What kind of music do you prefer?(SevsOnlyGirl-Pg.44)
4. Are you a planner or a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants gal?(SevsOnlyGirl-Pg.44)
5. Do you have any favorite quotes?(S is for Summer-Pg.51)
6. If you could be world famous for one thing, what would you like it to be?(S is for Summer-Pg. 51)
7. What are you currently reading?(JaquelineD-Pg.54)
8. What makes you laugh on TV?(JaquelineD-Pg.54)
9. What kind of games do you like and is there an image from a game you are particularly fond of?(suereal-Pg.55)
10. What are your preferred letters and font for monograms?(Averia-Pg.58)
11. Are you an only child?(SevsOnlyGirl-Pg.60)
12. What is your favorite way to spend an afternoon?(blushingbluegrass-Pg.61)
13. Do you enjoy edibile treats as extras? If so; sweet, salty, spicy?(gamemom42-Pg.67)
14. Any piercings? Tattoos? Wierd hairstyles?(Sloth003-Pg.69)
15. Are you a sports fan? If so, what? Also, what teams, individuals?(pinkmichk-Pg.70)
16. What would you say your style is?(SaralaAnne-Pg.74)
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat?(suereal_Pg.77)
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear?(Ekkagirl-Pg.76)
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why?(Bugaboo1-Pg.78)
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be?(goktrose-Pg.78)
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now?(lindzyt-Pg.79)
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them?(JaquelineD-Pg.82)
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft?(S is for Summer-Pg.88)
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name?(xandrigirly-Pg.88)
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist?(NotKnit-Pg.88)
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras?(gamemom42-Pg.89)
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty?(Bugaboo1-Pg.90)
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large?(mom2em-Pg.92)
29. I know we put favorite colors down but more specific, if you were to get an item for your _________, what colors would you prefer?
Kitchen:Living room:Craft room:Bedroom
(quaggy-Pg.96)
30. What kind of soaps do you like? Do you like citrus, earthy, goat's milk, mosturizing? (EkkaGrrl-Pg.98)
31. Would you rather something made for you fit a bit big (but adjustable) or would you rather not have something crafted if there could be issue with sizing?(sloth003-Pg.100)
32. How do you feel about tie dye or batik?(MissCrafty29-Pg.107)
33. Do you drink tea or coffee? Any fav. types/flavours?(MissCrafty29-Pg.111)
34. Scrappy or matchy matchy?(sloth003-Pg.112)
35. How do you feel about getting items from recycled stuff?(writer_crafter-Pg.114)
36. How do you go about swap research? Do you make lists, bookmark ideas, fill up notebooks, take mental notes, use post-its....or any other ways? How far will you look into your partner? Do you pour over blogs/threads etc?(JaquelineD-Pg.115)
37. This is very broad, but if you could use 3 labels to describe your general style, what would they be?(JaquelineD-Pg.117)
38. How do you guys feel about getting a gift with puns of an adult nature just for the fun of it? I don't want to offend anyone, but I found an awesome saying that goes with my partner's likes. (goktrose-Pg.121)
39. I am making your something that requires stuffing. Would you be able to stuff it and stitch it up or would you prefer I did it for you?(Tanza-Pg.121)
40. If you were to receive something in a frame, any preferences about the frame?(S is for Summer-Pg.128)
41. Do you like beachy things? like shells and stuff?(leashh-Pg.129)
42. How do you feel about dinosaurs?(leashh-Pg.129)
43. If I were to make you something that you'd specified you wanted, and did it to the best of my ability - but to do it I had to learn a new craft - so it's not as good as an expert could do it - would you like it - or would you prefer me not to bother?(Feline2001-Pg.131)
44.How do you feel about clothes or other things made of patchwork (collection of different color fabrics)?  Is one solid piece of fabric better?(leeska-Pg.138)
45.When thinking of a reveal, do you want a scavenger hunt type thing?  Or is it cool if I just put little post its all over your parcel?(bexieboo-Pg.155)

***If any of this information is incorrect, please send me a PM***

Ok, there be the list! The wording may have been changed. If I have forgotten anything, please let me know and I will add it.

Also...last night I finished a small. I have to make another because I used a different item than the tutorial suggested, and there was apparently a reason for that lol...so now I have to wait until I can get to the store again. Sigh....
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011 09:11:10 PM by DaisyTattoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

VegasZombie

Random? Random is good

You are what you is

« Reply #924 on: March 05, 2011 11:10:56 AM »

Oh DaisyTattoo you are wonderful!  I was just thinking I needed to sit here and go through all of this and pick stuff out to answer.

My apologies for not being around more. Work is crazy, home life is... well... yeah and my creativity is hiding in a cave somewhere. Bah! I can deal with the other two, but when my creativity goes on vacation I get a bit frightened.

At any rate, I am hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for personal swaps!

Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/vegaszombie/
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #925 on: March 05, 2011 11:11:36 AM »

DaisyTattoo - you're a dear!  Thanks so much for posting the whole list!  I'll put a link to it in the first post and maybe we can convince you to up date it with new questions asked? Wink Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl

« Reply #926 on: March 05, 2011 11:16:58 AM »

Would you be disappointed or happy to receive a swap package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft?  I'd be fine with it. Smiley  It's nice to get a variety, but if it's all something you love, one thing is great!

Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right - your questionnaire or your WIST?  Hmmm, I think probably my WIST and PINTEREST.  My questionnaire seems wishy-washy to me.lol

For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? I'm good as long as it's secure. Smiley

What are your favorite non-edible things to receive if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras? I love things to go on my office bookshelf - they can be all kinds of weirdness. Here's what's on it right now:  Snape and Hermione dolls of all sorts, knitted vampire, abominable snowman and elf, Snape shrine, godmother book, spiderweb candleholder, Nightmare Before Christmas characters...all sorts of little oddities.

Do you like practical only items that have to have a function? are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty?  I prefer things I can use, but I do like the things for my bookshelf too. Smiley

Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large?  Absolutely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #927 on: March 05, 2011 11:23:36 AM »

Would you be disappointed or happy to receive a swap package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft?   I would be happy if it was something I can't do (knitting!) or things I would never make for myself. Otherwise a mixture is nice.

Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right - your questionnaire or your WIST?  My questionaire is usually current to the time of the swap, while some of the wists stuff might be a bit old. Stuff I still like, just maybe not what I'm in love with RIGHT NOW.

For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name? I can't wear jewelry. So no clasp lol!

What are your favorite non-edible things to receive if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras?  I love fun socks! Polka dots and argyle and stripes. Um I could use a couple cheap wall calendars (lke, dollar store calendars even) because somehow I don't have any for 2011 yet lol. I can always use writing pens, not sure where mine go. I love carmex click sticks (the chapstick style ones), especially in the wild cherry flavor.

Do you like practical only items that have to have a function? are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty?  I love practical! If it's decorative I really really would prefer that it hangs on the wall, not a knick knack to sit on a shelf. I just don't have any shelf space, and I have naughty nephews who get into everything.

Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large?  Yep!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 2/12

~The 2015 Quiltalong! is up and chugging along! Come join us!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
edie22
« Reply #928 on: March 05, 2011 11:31:25 AM »

thank you so much for posting the questions!! I was worried I'd have to go back and find them all.  I've been around all week, but haven't posted much.  Been working away at my large...   I don't want to give anything away, but if you maybe haven't posted recently, you should think about it,.  

16. What would you say your style is?(SaralaAnne-Pg.74)
its... lazy?  I wear what I have to when I'm at work, but otherwise, its jeans and tshirts.. usually ones I got from swaps.
17. Are you cold all the time, or do you overheat?(suereal_Pg.77)
At work, I'm warm, and have my fan on.  at home, I'm cold because the husband jacks the AC down to like 71 every night and i sit here shivering.
18. Is it too late in the season to send outerwear?(Ekkagirl-Pg.76)
I don't think so!! I live in Florida, so I don't have much use for scarves or hats, but I could definitely use some slippers or knitted socks.
19. Are you a past thinker, present thinker, or future thinker and why?(Bugaboo1-Pg.78)
uh, I guess present or future?  I'm always planning but try not to get too caught up in it.
20. If you could travel/live anywhere, where would that be?(goktrose-Pg.78)
Los Angeles.  I was out there in December to visit a friend and it was fabulous.  Some day I think I will live there. That or Seattle.  It's where I'm from and haven't been home in years and years and I really should go see my  mom.
21. What did you want to be whe n you grew up? Could you see yourself doing that now?(lindzyt-Pg.79)
I wanted to be a brain surgeon.  No, seriously.  but there is no way in HELL i could do that now.  The hours, the pressure... I'd lose my mind.  I'm in accounting now, and that's stressful enough
22. What sorts of films do you enjoy? Any favorite movies? Would you enjoy crafts inspired by them?(JaquelineD-Pg.82)
man, I love all kinds of movies.  I like comedies and dramas... I love the Goonies and Trading Places - I could watch those all day long.  Back to the Future an its sequels are awesome.  I like to quote all of these movies randomly.  Crafts inspired by would be awesome. Smiley
23. Would you be disappointed or happy to recieve a package comprised all or mostly of one type of craft?(S is for Summer-Pg.88)
That would be fine! I like most crafts! all jewelry? awesome.  All sewn? awesome.  All yarny goodness? awesome.  
24. For jewelry, what is your preferred clasp? Lobster claw? Hook? Toggle? Something I didn't name?(xandrigirly-Pg.88)  uh, lobster claw is good... anything is really.  I like the toggle ones too.  I don't really like the ones that screw together those are a little hard for my fingers.
25. Which is more revealing/useful for your stalker in terms of getting your style and wants right, your questionnaire or your wist?(NotKnit-Pg.88)
I think a combination?  I forget what I put on both sometimes.
26. What are your favorite non-edible things to recieve if your partner chooses to send little non-crafted extras?(gamemom42-Pg.89)  Crafty supplies! yarn or zippers, dmc thread... that sort of thing.  sewing extras... um, maybe bath stuff? that sort of thing?  I put some stuff on the questionaire that I like scent wise...
27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty?(Bugaboo1-Pg.90)  I am not really into decorating things?  I never get art.  But i like functional things.  or just cute things.
28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large?(mom2em-Pg.92)
sure! i'd be happy with that! I'm kind of struggling with that myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
stacysews
« Reply #929 on: March 05, 2011 11:35:15 AM »

27. Do you like practical only items that have a function? Are you ok with a mix of practical and knickknack? Do you just love tons of crafted items to set out and make life pretty?(Bugaboo1-Pg.90)  I'm fine with both - I have a 'designated' area where I put my knickknacky items and I love the practical because I love to show them off (so do my daughter because no one ever believes that someone could make most of the items I recieve - I think that's why she loves my swapping).

28. Would you be okay with 2-3 medium items instead of 1 possibly half decent large?(mom2em-Pg.92) Yes!

On a crafty note, I'm scrapping one of my ideas for my partner's package and going with something different.  I've seen this particular item in several of her stalkable sites so I'm going with that one instead.  As soon as I log off, I'm getting to work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 190 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Red Playdough
How to Make Blue Plasticine
How to Make a Realistic Fake Beard
How to Make a Two Colored Bow
How to Make a Gift Personal
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...