A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,661
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 190
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafty Detective Rd. 7 (signups Jan. 31 - Feb. 14, 2011; sendouts Apr. 14, 2011)  (Read 89226 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Xandrigirly
Whatever you are, be a good one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #750 on: February 28, 2011 10:51:34 AM »

Sports are not really my thing, I was just never very eager about them.

My style is pretty much all over the map. I usually throw on whatever, and since I'm doing a self made challenge of wearing purple everyday for a year, I have to at least make sure I'm wearing something purple that hasn't been worn in the last week. Other than that, I'll wear anything from jeans and t-shirt to skirts and dresses. I like really girly and colorful pieces of clothing too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest . blog . etsy
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail."
S is for Summer

Im a really slow knitter without magic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #751 on: February 28, 2011 10:55:07 AM »

I’m so sorry, Tanza.  That’s rough.  I’m glad you had seven good years with her, though.  Good on you for rescuing her and helping her to have those good seven years.  Blessings to you both. 

Chrispykreme:  “I actually hate Monopoly, because growing up, it just meant a game that never ends and you'll end up in arguments with your cousins.”  THIS!  This is EXACTLY why I hate Monopoly!

Do you enjoy getting edible treats as extras?  If so; sweet, salty, or spicy?  Mmmm, foodz.  Smiley  I like trying anything once, sweet being my favorite if I have to pick one.  If you’re asking in regards to swap extras, sure, if you can find yummy things which are vegan, as I’m trying to switch to a vegan diet and am ridiculously easily tempted to throw the metaphorical baby out with the bathwater once I eat something that’s not vegan.  If that makes sense.  I’m underslept again today.

Any piercings? tattoos? or ‘weird' hair styles?  Pierced ears, no tattoos, and decidedly boring hair to comply with a dress code.  Not that I’m generally that exciting with my hair anyway – it’s generally longish, brown, and not fauxhawky or anything.  I usually wear it up or partially up, just because having it touch my face bugs the bejeezus out of me.

are you a sports fan? if so what? also fav team(s) or individuals?  Did I answer this one already?  I can’t remember, oops!  Nope, not much of a sports person.   I was a basketball cheerleader back in high school, but that’s about as sporty as I’ve ever gotten, and I did that because I was a cheerleading fan, not a basketball fan.

What would you say your style is? This is hard, as I have a hard time dressing the way I’d like to.  (The joy of being bigger than you’d like with not a ton of local access to spifftacular shopping and not quite enough confidence/money/energy to tackle ordering online.)  I tend toward casual classic, I guess.  I like to look put-together and feminine, but comfort is a must and my life calls for casual 99.5% of the time.  I love cardigans like whoa.  When I am a bajillionaire, I will have a hundred cardigans in all my favorite colors & styles.  (But not v-neck.  Oh, how I hate the v-neck cardigan!)  I like sort of fifties style.  Think modern-day-young-royalty-in-her-off-time, sorta, is what I aspire to.   …Yeah, I have absolutely no idea how to describe my style. X)  Anyway, lately I wear jeans, tops, and cardigans a lot.  Also love skirts and dresses.  I don’t wear a ton of logo t-shirts but I do occasionally. 

Seeing-what-everyone-looks-like:  Here’s me!  Smiley 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I fall behind so quickly on this thread, but I’m SO glad for all the questions and answers, because I’ve learned a few things about my stalkee that I wouldn’t have thought to ask, and now I’m all gleeful because I have more ideas to play with.  Yay yay yay.  Smiley

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011 10:56:00 AM by S is for Summer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

valsped

Can you guess my real name from this?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #752 on: February 28, 2011 11:06:30 AM »

I have no style! Usually I grab whatever is comfy and clean!As far as shopping, I love thrift stores and don't have much $ so whatever I happen upon that might fit (plus sizes aren't always easy to find) I grab!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am addicted swaps, including personal swaps!
stacysews
« Reply #753 on: February 28, 2011 11:13:50 AM »

Style:  I LOVE fashion, but most of it is just impractical for me to wear.  I'm a SAHM so my life is pretty casual - every now and then I get a chance to dress up (i.e. 'date night'), but most of the time it's jeans and a shirt (or yoga pants\tee shirt).  I love to sew my own clothes that's based on designer wear when I get the chance to sew something up for myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ratfinkz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #754 on: February 28, 2011 12:19:30 PM »

Woah I've only been away from this thread since Thursday and there were 20+ pages to catch up on!

Brief answers to the questions

What are you currently reading:

Poison Study and listening to The Hunger Games Trilogy

What makes  me laugh on TV

QI Mock the Week Top Gear

Games;

Proffesor Layton
Scrabble
Monopoly

Only child? Am an only child -have a half sister Faye who I love to bits -but she grew up with my Dad where as I grew up with mum.

Edible treats:

Definitely - prefer sweet! Love milk and white chocolate (though dont like dark) and anything 'sweet' really

Do like savoury stuff too - though am phobic of mushrooms!

Love trying local things that I can't get here!

Piercings / tattoos/ weird hairstyles

two tats a rat on my hip and a cat's head on my ankle - pierced ears (just the once)

SPorts Fan - not really, but do like Ipswich Town playing football -w ould love something with their motive - or something Arsenal inspired for my fiance

Style - unique! Live in jeans - like jumpers / hoodies / etc - my favourite jumper is a rainbow striped knitted one - I bought at a local market - dont like bright pink - but love anything else, and if it's slightly 'different' it's better! dont do skirts though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #755 on: February 28, 2011 12:25:11 PM »

My style is non-existent now.  I am overweight and tend toward black tops and jeans... every single day.  I remember a time when I loved color.   I really really miss colors but I feel nice and invisible in black.  To be perfectly honest, I would probably have a bit of a slutty style if I weren't heavy ( maybe that's why God won't help me lose weight Cheesy)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

EkkaGrrl
I'm normal.. the rest of you are crazy!

mmm.. fabric...

« Reply #756 on: February 28, 2011 12:41:12 PM »

My style? Does frazzled homeschooling mom to 4 count as a style?  Cheesy I've been told I'm a classic, vintage girl. Many people have told me this but honestly I don't think I go out of my way to be. I do love everything 40's and 50's. I also mostly wear all black.

Ok.. here's my question.. Is it too late in the season to send winter outerwear? Like hats. mitts, etc? If not, what kind of outwear do you like? Please be very descriptive (ie colour, style, size). Feel free to post links. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I completed my best craft project EVA!! 10 lb 2 oz baby Violet! Born at home in my own bed!! Smiley

Wisty Goodness!
http://wists.com/EkkaGrrl
hockamama
« Reply #757 on: February 28, 2011 12:56:14 PM »

I'm just checking in.  I haven't been on here in almost a week, so I've got quite alot of catching up to do!  I reckon by the time I get to page 74, there'll be a jillion more pages  Shocked

Rest assured stalker, I'll answer all of the questions as soon as I get through these posts.

And stalkee, I've finished a small, a medium and am in the process of a medium that is becoming a large  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament.
  ~Oscar Wilde

wistpinterestfacebook
pinkmichk

« Reply #758 on: February 28, 2011 01:17:25 PM »

on the winter outerwear i say no not too late, i feel the cold a lot i walk everywhere plus (sorry i know its been mentioned few times but its relivant) when i'm at racetracks warm stuff is often needed as they seem to have their own weather systems if it was gloves i need something that i can not only do things like work my camera but also not be restricted when dealing with my daughter etc too hats/scarfs are good whatever
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am always up for personal swaps -send me a message

pinterest - http://pinterest.com/shellfullerton/
sophieangele
Two-headed girl

lacing fingers through the notches of your spine

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #759 on: February 28, 2011 01:23:14 PM »

Ok.. here's my question.. Is it too late in the season to send winter outerwear? Like hats. mitts, etc? If not, what kind of outwear do you like? Please be very descriptive (ie colour, style, size). Feel free to post links. Cheesy

Oh I don't think that's a problem - it's not like winter's never coming again. If I received something I couldn't wear in the Israeli summer, I'd just put it with my winter clothes and bring it out when the weather turns. I always leave it too late usually, it would be good to actually be prepared for the start of winter for once...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 190 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rent The Runway Takes On Fifth Avenue
New Looks from Old Coats with Lilliana Vazquez: Part 2
New Looks from Old Coats with Lilliana Vazquez: Part 1
The Coolest Crop Tops of 2013
Stretching Your Dollar: Great Affordable Gifts
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...