A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,749
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Very Proud of my frugal new curtains!  (Read 4108 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011 04:03:29 PM »

Thanks!

My dog is named Milou after TinTin's dog, although people do tend to call him Milo. I think there was a movie with a dog named Milo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowy_%28character%29

NM, the movie Milo was a cat. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Milo_and_Otis
But in any case, I think it's a really cute name for a little boy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
sew-rabbity
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011 01:21:39 PM »

Those curtains add such a great burst of color!

I think hemming might be good - it gives a neater finish.  But if you do, start by just folding it at that length and pinning it, so you can see it. 

You be able to get away with not cutting them when you hem them (because it's a dark fabric, maybe you won't be able to tell that it's folded?). Although, you could tell from the outside, hm, nevermind.

anyway, I would still test out the look by folding / pinning for a day to see what you think!

I love it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011 01:25:37 PM »

The bottom is hemmed already, because of the shower curtain hem (I cheat!) but I am wondering if they would look better shorter so they don't hang below that white shelf. Also, then my kitties can look out more easily, those windows are like cat TV. I think they must feel like I cancelled their cable. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
sew-rabbity
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011 01:30:22 PM »

I mispoke before - the already look neat and hemmed, I just mean it may look neater if they are hemmed to the exact length of the window, so the curtains end on the window ledge (or maybe they already do that? long windows!).

Cat Cable, hah!  Poor kitties!  I suppose you could open them when you don't need privacy  Smiley 

In short, I do think it would look good hemmed to the length of the white shelf Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011 01:33:27 PM »

I gotcha! I like the idea of pinning them for a few days. I just got lazy and stopped sewing them when I got this far, and then couldn't decide which wat to go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Things
sarahhenrystewart
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011 08:29:23 PM »

Thanks!  We named him after Milo, from The Phantom Tollbooth and from one of the actors from Heroes, but I have had second thoughts about the name for a while, especially after seeing a lot of people name their pets Milo.  We're going to call him by his middle name (Abraham), but everyone else kept calling him Milo so we gave up! Smiley  Oh, well.   I really love the curtains the way they are, but I understand about the kitties looking out.  Good luck and if you shorten them, please post a pic to let us see how they turned out!  I am in the process of making curtains (from scratch) for our windows, but am doing the little windows, so it's not so much work.  The bigger ones I haven't braved yet!  Your idea to use shower curtains is brilliant. I wouldn't have thought of that and I am happy to see that yours turned out so well so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missnihkii
Savoring this carpet ceiling.

missnihkiiiikhinssim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011 08:52:06 PM »

wow. wish i had that idea/ opprtunity a while back! lol tht looks great! and i love that wicker chair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Nihkii

Personal swaps?YES YES YES!!

so..im OBSESSED with buttons and stickers..

MissNihkiis Wist

i miss my colorado Sad
indigoracer
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011 12:26:39 PM »

great idea and the fabric is neat
THIS ROCKS   Logged
retrometro
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011 09:23:44 AM »

Love this design.. I picked up the same curtains to do a divider between our dining room and living room (it gets cold in our living room)... and then I bought another (on clearance for 3 bucks!!!!) and my friend made me gorgeous pillows to match!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

just a mom on a mission
CorvusMorgana
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011 02:49:44 AM »

my kitchen curtains are made of a shower curtain that i found at a thrift store. you did a great job! i am making curtains for my husbands office today out of a duvet with a "tattoo art" print. this way it keeps it off of my bed ; ) i really don't want the girlie mermaids and flaming hearts keeping me warm at night. in his office he is the only one who has to look at the fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Short Hair Like Emma Watson
How to Get Smooth Hair in the Summer Heat
Getting A Salon Style Blowout At Home
3 Hairstyles That Look Great Wet or Dry
Princess Roll Hairstyle Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...