A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,384
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yummy muesli bars (with tutorial / recipe) PIC heavy!  (Read 4756 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe , tutorial , muesli , craftster_best_of_2011  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011 03:46:16 AM »

great tute. thanks.

I make my own also but mine is a 2-3  steps....... using muesli and condensed milk and the oven
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
alexania
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011 12:13:46 PM »

I'm addicted to cereal bars, but here they can cost the equivalent of nearly $2 for what amounts to a 10x3x2cm bar (super expensive). I saw this recipe at work and took down notes in my usual shorthand fashion on a tiny square of paper.

So after getting all my ingredients, I start mixing it all together when I suddenly realise that I don't know how long to caramelise the honey part of it. So I drag my fiance off his XBox and put him on stirring duty while I run to the computer to go check.

Now I could swear I saw this recipe on Crafster, but the Breakfast Bar recipe on the front page is totally not the one I saw. I thought I was going mad.

Looong story short, they're in the fridge now (probably not fully caramalised), however, I've found the recipe again and proven to myself that I'm not going insane.  Grin

I used pecan nuts and dried cranberries (mmm dried cranberries). I'll let you know tomorrow (I can't wait for breakfast).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alexania
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011 11:22:41 PM »

Feedback! I had a bar for breakfast this morning (they're quite filling!)

Mine was VERY hard when I took it out of the fridge, cutting it was lots of fun, I'm sure it'll be easier if I take it out of the fridge for a bit.

They're very nice but next time I think I'll up the ratio of Rice Krispies to oats as I prefer a cruchier less dense bar. Also I think I'll either add more sugar or replace half the honey with syrup to make them a bit sweeter.

But otherwise, awesome recipe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nachturnal
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011 06:01:49 AM »

I'd like to make these, but I'm allergic to nuts.  What's a good substitute?  Seeds are fine and dandy, I guess, but I'm sort of allergic to some of those too.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011 02:15:41 AM »

I'm so going to make these, we love muesli, and these look so good. Thanks for the recipe, and yay for a vegan recipe with gramms Grin Grin

@nachturnal: you could leave the nuts away entirely. Oats and fruits sounds yummy, too. Are you allergic to almonds? 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011 02:21:16 AM by Ruby Copperhead » THIS ROCKS   Logged
nachturnal
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011 04:44:25 AM »

I'm so going to make these, we love muesli, and these look so good. Thanks for the recipe, and yay for a vegan recipe with gramms Grin Grin

@nachturnal: you could leave the nuts away entirely. Oats and fruits sounds yummy, too. Are you allergic to almonds? 

Almonds, peanuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, walnuts, pinenuts... and those are just off the top of my head.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011 10:25:36 PM »

Any ideas on keeping them tasty but less sugary? I'll be making them for me and the DD, but DH is diabetic so will abstain. I can use splenda. When I make dry granola I use applesauce, so I can cut down on oil and honey. But if anyone has any other tips I'd love to hear them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
schnerby
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011 03:26:11 AM »

Oh these would be yummy with stacks of dried apples and a silly huge amount of cinnamon. Mmmmmmm  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
teaanddinosaurs
tea drinker & dinosaur lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011 09:37:30 AM »

I've been looking for a recipe for muesli bars for the same reasons you were, and although I can't try this today, I am definitely saving this to try soon Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science knows it doesn't know everything... or it would stop.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2012 11:40:20 AM »

Congrats!!

You're a Craftster Best of 2011 Winner!

Craftster Best of 2011 Winner

Feel free to use this badge as your avatar!
If you'd like to use it as a badge on your personal website or blog, you can grab the full code at the bottom of this page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook With Bean Sprouts
How to Cook and Brown Coconut
How to Make Thai Chicken With Rice Noodles
How to Cook Chinese Noodles With Steak
How to Make a Japanese Style Marinade
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...