A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help with my picky boyfriend  (Read 4243 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

krisjo
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012 05:19:07 PM »

Quote from: schnerby
As a transition you can put tofu in a meat dish so they are seen together as seperate things rather than as a substitute. That might make him more friendly to the idea of tofu. That sure helped me transition my brother to eat tofu. Suitable dishes are Chinese mapo dofu (tofu) and 'scrambles' like you might put in a pie or pastie mix. Also try curried tofu dumplings.

I don't eat meat at all, and I see this as a good way to help others eat less meat by becoming more familiar with tofu.
The problem is I don't eat animal products, nor do I cook them. Luckily, I've got his word that he'll try something.

Quote from: annigirl22
I know I'm late too, but here's one!
take pressed tofu and cut it into 1/2 inch slices, dredge it in soy sauce [or tamari], 'flour' each side with nutritional yeast and fry for a couple minutes per side in a small bit of olive oil in a shallow frying pan
this is THE BEST way to eat tofu in my opinion. My uncles gf used to work in a huge LA restaurant that would serve that, [she shared with me. Smiley] and it just tastes fantastic. somewhat like chicken kind of taste. but really good.
Sounds a lot like the tofu-nuggets I make, but I bake those. Maybe I'll go with those. :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012 09:22:58 PM »

Look up the blog Vegan Dad. He has tons of recipes that are really creative.

I tried making vegan seitan ribs....really good but chewier than I expected (have to admit, it was a bit off-putting, maybe I need to adjust?). But more "solid" than tofu.

I am liking TVP crumbles a lot to sub for ground meat in spaghetti sauce. Yum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
schnerby
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2012 11:06:10 PM »

Quote from: schnerby
As a transition you can put tofu in a meat dish so they are seen together as seperate things rather than as a substitute. That might make him more friendly to the idea of tofu. That sure helped me transition my brother to eat tofu. Suitable dishes are Chinese mapo dofu (tofu) and 'scrambles' like you might put in a pie or pastie mix. Also try curried tofu dumplings.

I don't eat meat at all, and I see this as a good way to help others eat less meat by becoming more familiar with tofu.
The problem is I don't eat animal products, nor do I cook them. Luckily, I've got his word that he'll try something.

Sorry! I don't eat or cook 'em either so I get where you're coming from. For some reason (not reading the OP for a while) I had you down as people trying to reduce meat intake.

He says he'll try - that's pretty good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Hide Big Ears
How to Get Big Bouncy Curls
How to Get an Old Hollywood Glamour Side Part
How to French Braid
How to Do a Headband Braid
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...