A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Soul Journaling-a-long  (Read 9151 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

april again
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2011 12:00:55 PM »

Got my Day One pictures done. You can't really see my writing on the dictionary pages in the pictures but I assure you it is there. I am gesso-ing them today and I am so glad to read her thing on using cheapo acrylic craft paint, I saw a bunch of colors I liked and I am going to pick up some on sale Smiley

Pics!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
yofi
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2011 01:17:06 PM »

Nice!  It looks great -- and isn't it fun to get underway?

And SilverMoon -- I really like your inchies page.  Much more fluid and vibrant that way!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011 04:40:49 PM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
april again
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2011 01:54:44 PM »

Nice!  It looks great -- and isn't it fun to get underway?

Thank you! And yes it does Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yofi
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2011 09:45:30 AM »

Work is still crazy -- for the next few weeks.  But I sat down and worked a little more on my pages last night.

I'm curious, for folks who have done more collage work:  do you like to lay out your elements beforehand, or do you just leap in and start affixing things?  I'm usually a 'just leap in and do it' kinda person, but I find myself wanting to pull up a lot of stuff and re-do the background of a specific image.

Perhaps I'm just becoming more of a perfectionist as I get older.... (No!  Please!  Anything but that!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
april again
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2011 05:45:18 PM »

Finished Day 2 and Day 3..thinking about Day 4 still for tomorrow!

Day 2: Claiming my journal

Used my metallic blue markers and did my name is shapes and spirals, then did it in different languages!

Day 3: building soul armor

Found a picture I liked..shrunk it and grayscale-d it, then covered with some aluminum foil and gold and silver metallic markers.Just now thinking of words that I want to use on there, I think they will be collaged also.

Then I will be ready for Day 4!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yofi
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2011 10:21:31 AM »

Nice armour!  I didn't realize the gold was ink; I thought that was collage as well.

I'm going into fund drive at the station where I work, so I'll be posting hit or miss for a week.
But I'm looking forward to seeing more of everybody else's work!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011 10:22:04 AM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilverMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2011 02:26:52 PM »

I didn't buy tape, I did this zentangle instead.

But while I was googling pattern inspiration, I read about using writing as tangle, and did the "I forgot to tell you..." prompt anyway. So now I don't know if I'll do the tape or not.

I like zentangling though, I'll do more of them. It's certainly not one of those things that beginners look as good as experts at though  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2011 04:26:55 PM »

I had to google zentangles myself -- neat idea!

I'm still here!  Still alive!  Just overwhelmed with work and other projects, but I am muscling along on this journey.

Finally feel like I can move on from this spread.  (Not surprisingly, Im having trou ble letting go of the vacation itself as well!)

And am gathering up some bits and pieces to complete my house and neighborhood spread.

Our public radio fund drive is over this week, and I hope to be able to find more time to sit down and down creative work!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
april again
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2011 01:26:34 PM »

I am still working on soul armor...I did a second page with this shield and crest and I think I will be collage -ing  words on it. I have yet to though~! Still locating words. I did peek ahead and then went and bought some cool duct tape sheets at Staples for my tape page Smiley ( I've yet to know what I will be doing on that page, just saw tape)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yofi
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2011 02:55:14 PM »

Finally got around to finishing the houses on this spread:

I rather like the page, but I think it needs more.  I have to say, I was less motivated by this one than the earlier pages.  Perhaps because it seems like it's simply a backdrop to the stick figures, rather than illustrating a concept or an emotion.

Hope to make a little quicker progress now -- or maybe come up with more of my own prompts!

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011 02:55:57 PM by yofi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Jewelry Gift Ideas
Getting Started Making Jewelry
Essential Jewelry Making Tools
Ideas for Beaded Necklaces
How to Make a Kids Beaded Necklace
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...