A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,763
Currently Running With Scissors:
522 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Aaahh! Real Monsters Swap Gallery  (Read 7086 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyWereWolf
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011 11:55:31 PM »

i was scared you may not like my package!! i hope you do like it!!

well i DID receive a package, and a great one at that!
i feel like i didnt send enough stuff to match up now!!!

so here is the package!

all my AMAZING goodies!!

i do have to say im so excited to put my new boxes to use!!
they're too awesomei adore the spider, and boy are you an amazing artist!

my newest dollie sitting next to my stewe from Family Guy, and the Squid Kitty from Coraline, which i got in a swap!

and a close up of my amazing done up cards, which did come with a note i could always frame them, i think i would much rather because i would never use them...well because i would have to give them away!!!! hehe!
i do like them SO much and i wish i had sent you some the doodles i had made when i was thinking of ideas for you guys!

thanks a MILLION i adore my things! my little sister loved the doll, and im still debating, bakers clay or ribbons...or maybe sticker to store in my box!? could always use some nice boxes to organize my crafting things!!!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011 11:57:20 PM by CraftyWereWolf » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DearBluebird

Lover of zombies, star wars and all things nerdy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011 03:06:51 AM »

I am so glad the package arrived safely and that you liked everything. Originally, the doll was supposed to have Ickis gloves on as well. Sort of like she was dressing up as Ickis. But no matter how many versions I tried, I just couldn't get it right. Eventually I had to scrap the idea and just hope that you liked it anyway. You know some of the best laid plans never work Smiley

Anyway, I am glad you liked it. I really enjoyed making it all for you. And don't feel like you should have done more.....you did great. I just made the things I really wanted to make for you and eventually had to cut myself off. I kept thinking of things I wanted to make Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DearBluebird

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011 02:52:10 PM »

So who is left? Just Mocka_moo?

I am anxious to see the final packages Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mocka_moo
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011 04:16:55 PM »

My lens to my camera broke! I am so up set! I may just upload web cam pics. the package is awesome! some things didn't make it it tack but nothing a lil glue cant fix!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wowzers...
My Wists: http://www.wists.com/Mocka
CraftyWereWolf
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2011 03:02:58 PM »

aww man!! some stuff broke!?? if you need i took a ton of photos i can post up for you!
mocka_moo did you send a package? because i have yet to get one from you! and i was curious to see what ideas you had swap leader :]
[sorry i was such a pain!]

DearBluebird~
i do though, i did do a few hand drawn things for you both but figured you may not use paper things or like what i had made!!
i do like the doll my little sister has had her eye on it though haha! and yes some ideas dont go through
to be honest i had tried to make Mocka_moo a skirt and it annoyed me to the point of throwing it and not crafting for the rest of the night! haha! and i had tried to make a few my own plus doll ideas for a krumm doll and they...lets just say they didn't look like anything near...well...anything!! i was also going to send a make your own pimples kit...but i couldnt figure out what kinds of things to send!! i was thinking like cooking oil and calling it "sweat in a bottle" but i wanted more and had that broke in delivery...ew
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DearBluebird

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2011 04:45:02 PM »

Yes sometimes the mind comes up with ideas that just don't work in practice. I really wanted to make her gloves but nothing I did worked right or looked like I had imagined once completed. But that is the fun in crafting I suppose....seeing what you can think of and finding a way to make it work (or not LOL)

I have had plenty of experience with those frustrating moments too. Somethings I have literally torn to shreds just to get my frustrations out Smiley But I did enjoy my package and I thank you for being my partner. I am glad the doll went to a good home. I love making dolls and have a hard time parting with them once finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mocka_moo
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011 01:53:02 PM »

Yes I sent your package... you should have gotten it Wednesday. Something must be up! I really woud appreciate it if you post pics of the things you crafted for me. This camera fiasco ia getting out of hand... I may just have to buy a new one.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011 01:54:31 PM by Mocka_moo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wowzers...
My Wists: http://www.wists.com/Mocka
CraftyWereWolf
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011 10:11:56 PM »

so i made for Mocka_moo :

a monster manual

a Oblina inspired in scent burner, with Krumm and Ickis burnables

three bow inspired Oblina hair clips, and Ickis hair pin, and not in the photo a big lips hair pin

and lastly a Ickis hat, all my own pattern and such so i hope its niice, it was a tad long so seeing may be an issue!
sorry...but i was very happy with the ears! this hat layed out my pattern for bunny ears!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stillatthetop
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2011 10:44:18 AM »

I have been stalking this gallery "quietly", but I have to say, that everyone did a grand job of this project. I am loving the ickis hats.

For my daughter's ickis costume, when she was 4, I papermached a balloon for her "head gear", and the mouth was where she could eat and see. I wired fabric ears, and strip fabric meche' for the outside. I used two oranges (plastic from her play set) for the eyes, and painted those, along with painting for the lips and teeth around her "face hole". I crafted gloves and pants and an interesting top out of matching fabrics. I wish I could find the pictures. She was so cute. I just used her existing clothes to draft the patterns. Much like the upcycle projects that are often posted here.

I went as Oblina, and BF went as crumb. And those costumes were a bomb to make, too. I made a special pouch in crumb's costume (inside the mouth) so he could put down his eyeballs (balls from McDonalds playland, and painted!) to relieve himself. He tilted his head forward for the nose (hoodie action, here). And yarn tufts in the armpits, and other yarn bits all over. He was hillarious when he was "posing". Oblina, I stuffed my tail with balloons, and one on my head. I papermached a masquarade lips (on a stick) to hold in front of me. And wired the eyeballs on the top. I used two sets of tights, black, white, and made the legs, and used the extra for arm cuffs (fingerless gloves) to opposite match things.

Anyway, I just thought I would share ideas, if anyone wishes to make costumes. I really loved this show. I wish I could have joined this swap!

~T
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanting 6" x 6" I spy panels. For a quilt like this:
http://www.grammasbabystuff.com/I_Spy_-_Hill_3_Finished_Smaller.jpg
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson.
http://www.pinterest.com/topofthehill298/
Caitydid
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011 01:05:50 PM »

A mini Ickis cross stitch! I love the painted frame and how he's up in the corner... too cool! I really need to learn how to cross stitch...

Thanks so much Caitydid for the amazing package!

The cross stitch I forgot to mention is an earring holder Smiley I'm glad you liked everything! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Screenwriting Card Trick
How to Have Good Audition Etiquette
Final Cut Transitions in Final Cut Pro Tutorial
Above and Below the Line Budgeting
Pulling Focus in Filmmaking
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...