A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
770 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Information on Business Card??  (Read 783 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CeeJayRose
« on: January 28, 2011 06:30:05 PM »

I'm just looking at designs for the future and they have all these lines you can put and I honestly really don't have that much to put on them...

So I was just curious what information everybody else puts on them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

diyday
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011 08:21:19 PM »

I got a bunch of cards from one of those online printing services that offer you 250 cards for free (you just pay for shipping). All you have to do is follow the creation wizard, and it will suggest/show want info to include...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CeeJayRose
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011 08:44:17 PM »

I know that. I was going through that but it's got job title, full name, phone number, fax, address, etc. If I'm only going to be selling online do I really need all of that? I wouldn't have a phone number besides my cell phone,  no fax, and address really wouldn't matter unless I wanted to put Canada...  and would I really need a job title? What would I put it as? Clothes designer??

So that's why I was just wondering what everybody else has. I know kind of what I would put for me personally. And I know it would be different for people who sell from their own websites or craft fairs or whatever rather than JUST on artfire or etsy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

earless owl
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011 05:17:57 PM »

When I made some a year ago, I think I only put the shop name, what I made, url for the website and shop, and my email.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011 01:31:24 PM »

You don't have to put everything on there, but keep in mind who you might give a card to. If your plans include handing them out to potential distributors or wholesalers you should include your name, title as owner, phone, email and website. If you have no plans to come into contact with any of your customers, there's little need for a business card to have more than your website address, but that seems a bit impersonal to me. A small business owner should be proud of their accomplishments and not hide from the public they want as customers. I see a card with no name and contact info on it, and I'm thinking right off the bat if there's a customer service problem, you don't want to be bothered.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011 01:01:57 PM »

I know that. I was going through that but it's got job title, full name, phone number, fax, address, etc. If I'm only going to be selling online do I really need all of that? I wouldn't have a phone number besides my cell phone,  no fax, and address really wouldn't matter unless I wanted to put Canada...  and would I really need a job title? What would I put it as? Clothes designer??

So that's why I was just wondering what everybody else has. I know kind of what I would put for me personally. And I know it would be different for people who sell from their own websites or craft fairs or whatever rather than JUST on artfire or etsy.

No, you don't need to put all that. Those lines are options for people who DO need them. You just fill it out however is best for you.  Your businesses name, your name (if you want!), your website, and your email. I think that's sufficient. Anything else is just whatever your preference is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chris in VT
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011 03:27:19 AM »

We make our own business cards. They're bigger so they stand out in a pile of cards.
We have our company name, town & state, phone number, and website.
Most of the orders through the website are repeats from the shows.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011 07:45:50 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudios.com
azreno
Lynn

I hate boxes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011 03:51:02 PM »

You have to decide what are the things are you want someone to know to be able to find you. For me, it's important that folks 'like' my FB page so they can get updates of my new stuff, so I have it nice and big along with my artfire shop. No phone#, why would anyone need my phone, it's isn't a brick and mortar and I always reply to emails quickly although most people wlil post to my FB if they ahve a question or comment or contact me thru my shop, so many ways to get ahold of someone without needing a phone #. And again, if it isn't a brick and mortar, why would you need your address on your card. You might put what you do as a title, yes, but make it what you want people to know, feel free to personalize it, if your shop is flashy, make your title flashy, 'fashion designer extraordinaire', if you like, clothes designer if that's what you prefer...but what you put there is what folks will read and how they'll perceive you and your business.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweatereyes

We are but lovers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011 05:25:05 AM »

I just received my business cards, and I had a lot of trouble deciding on what to include. 
But this is what I did end up having on the card: main website (with shop), blog, email, city and province, business name.
I was worried that with my business name (sweater eyes) people might not know what to expect or be interested (since its kind of weird/ vague), so I also included description and that I work in art, photography and crafts.  (I would post a picture, but I'm new here and still a little bit confused with the photo uploading.. but I'm sure I'll figure it out). ^_^

I printed with overnightprints.com and the quality is decent.  I used a coupon for 500 free premium one sided cards, but it was still pretty expensive (shipping was $35, and I had to pay brokerage fees of $30 since I live in Canada.. lame).  I heard that vistaprint has their watermark on business cards, which is why I didn't print with them but they are cheaper.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ill weave your names into my ribcage; lock your hearts inside my chest.
Regain the passion I once carried; do away with all the rest.
I tore the sickness from your bodies; smashed its head against the bricks.
I made a castle from its bones that you may always dwell in it.
Snowhite
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011 02:17:52 PM »

I use Vistaprint for my business cards... once you sign up for their emails they will send you tons of emails for free business cards.  The premium cards are often free and have no watermark..... the basic 10 or so that you can find on their site as freebies do have a Created For Free @ Vistaprint mark on them.  So wait and grab the premiums on sale. 

I have vertical cards with my biz name, etsy shop, and email address.  I also like to fold these in half and use them as tags for my jewelry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Christopher Leonard: The Book That Changed My Life
Wendy Williams on Her Juicy New Novel
Jose Antonio Vargas LIVE
Murder And Mercy In Texas
Killer Instinct by S.E. Green
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...