A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
395 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: February 2011 Birthday Swap Lists (S/U Feb. 1-28)  (Read 8360 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goktrose
The Mad-town Crafter

If you stumble, make it part of your dance.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011 01:51:07 PM »

Hey guys! So my name is Katie and my birthday is February 24th, I'll be 19. I'm from Madison, WI and I'm currently attending UW-Madison for Psychology. This year I moved in with my boyfriend of 3 years into an apartment. We are both pretty nerdy people, and are in an Anime club together and we are making a youtube channel of him teaching me video games called COxOPxCHAOS. The color scheme of our place is red, white, and black (my favorite colors); except for our kitchen which is blue for some random reason! Cheesy
I love all types of geekery, video games, zombies, etc. I also love Phantom of the Opera, Avenged Sevenfold, and Bon Jovi! I am super unorganized, my poor bf is always having to pick up after me! I also love anime, with my favorite being Fushigi Yugi! Every year I go to a convention and dress up as a character. I'm also in anime club! I also love anything badger (being a badger girl myself) or sock monkey!
I am allergic to lavender!
If you have any other questions, I am really bad at writing things about me, so just feel free to ask!

So here's my wishlist:

Crafted Items:

- Nerf gun holster/ dart holder to keep the little foam darts organized. I play a game called humans vs. zombies (HvZ), and humans use nerf guns to fend off the zombies for an entire week so these would be much appreciated!

- Nitendo DS game holder so they aren't flopping around on my couch when I play and they will make games easier to find
(Like this http://crayondisaster.blogspot.com/2008/04/nintendo-ds-case-with-game-pockets.html, so there's separate pockets for each game!)

- Anything Bon Jovi, Phantom of the Opera, or Avenged Sevenfold a fangirl can never have enough!

- Cloth Pads

- Statement Jewelry, especially the creepier or geekier items with zombies or anything else.

- Something Psychology related, like a little Freud dolly or a goofy saying on a shirt

- Warm winter items (gloves, scarf, hats): living in WI and walking everywhere is not a good thing
Thanks Miss Barbara!

- A Star Wars amigurumi or stuffie (my bf has been swooning over all of them on here)

- Any cute amigurumi or stuffie! Especially anyone that looks like a germ (bf is studying to be a microbiologist), or a pokemon since we both love pokemon!
Thanks cyndy225!!!

- Little organizers to unclutter shelves (pencil holders, letter holder, etc)

- A slouch hat (my crafting abilities are not good enough to make one)

- Arm Warmers

- Altered panda hoodie

- Companion cube plushie!
Thanks CharmmyKitty!

- Earrings/ Ear cuffs- wists for ideas

- Sock Monkey/ Critter

-d20 earrings or necklace

- Laptop Case (waterproof if possible)

- Anything in the gothic lolita style!

- A pillow case set like this (http://boldloft.com/osc/my-heart-beats-for-you-pillowcases-p-440.html) but in black and red!

- A crochet needle roll/ bag so I can carry crafts with me onto the bus!

- Anything with Spyro the Dragon or Playstation since my boyfriend and I always argue over which game system is better. I always say the original Playstation and Gameboy cause it's an oldie but a goodie!
Thanks tabiekat!

- a heating pad for my neck

- A little id/ bus pass holder for my keychain, I already lost my school id once... the holders they gave us are flimsy and don't close!

- A purse/ tote bag that is pretty large. Doesn't matter if it is stenciled with something I love, knitted, sewn, anything! I also love pockets since I need them to be slightly organized so ones with buttons or something are much appreciated!

- hand-spun yarn

- Wisty surprises are always welcome!

- Anything you love to make: I love anything crafted and chances are I secretly want it and just didn't remember so go for it! Wink Grin

Supplies:

- Crochet needles/ yarn/ anything to help a beginner out

- place markers for crocheting

- acrylic paints

- Beads/ little whimsys/ jewelry supplies

- Ribbons

- Fabric: Japanese/ reds/ blacks

- Stuffing

- Buttons! I collect them!

Extras:

- Chocolate!

- Other candy, especially specialty or foreign candy.

- Tea: especially mint or a favorite of yours!

- Anything you'd like to surprise me with!

Happy Birthday February Babies!!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011 04:53:28 PM by goktrose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects of 2013: 34/50
Come Join Us!

My Pinterest
Collecting white doilies and rhinestone brooches for DIY wedding, wanna swap?
cyndy225
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011 04:47:09 PM »

Hi everyone!
Im Cyn, or Cyndy, or Cynthia. Ill be turning 24 on February 25th. I noticed that there are already a couple teachers on the list, so Ill be adding math teacher to census. I recently (one month ago) moved to Maryland into in a small apartment with my boyfriend of many years. We have 2 pet mice and may be adding a cat to the mix soon (not sure how thats going to work with the mice, yet). We have no outdoor space, but we have many plants taking up the inside space.

Likes: For colors, I love cool and earth tones: purples, blues, greens, browns, etc. Nature, gardening, animals, math, science, books, and cooking. When it comes to books, movies and general themes, I like fantasy, mythology, and sci-fi. Doctor Who, Mists of Avalon, Alice in Wonderland, Princess Mononoke. Video games, mushrooms (to look at, not eat), Halloween, old maps, natural bath products, renaissance faires, long flowing skirts, hiking, miniatures, lavender, toys and cartoons from the 80s. My style has been called bohemian and hippie.

Dislikes: The color pink (okay in small doses). Yellow or orange for clothing. Girly themes. Pop culture. Twilight (I like the good ol days when vampires were ugly and horrendous and killed the pretty girl first). Coffee, cold weather, and negative messages

I am sensitive to smoke (headaches and nausea and all that fun stuff). If someone in your household smokes, please only choose an item that can be washed upon arrival or something that doesnt hold the smell of smoke.

Happy Birthday to all the February ladies and gents!

Wishlist
Crafts
Home stuff:
  • A welcome mat/wet shoe mat (lots of snow = wet carpets) It can be one of 3 kinds: 1) sturdy enough to go outside (any size) 2) flat enough to fit between carpet and door (at most 30 inches front to back) 3) anything goes but size matters behind the door shoe mat (at most 14x30 inches)
  • Plant supplies Anything that works for indoor plants. Interested in plant pots the bigger the better, drainage hole preferred and decorative plant labels.
  • Small animals (real or fantasy) All of my house plants have a buddy, usually a stone or ceramic animal (but anything waterproof is fine) in their pot to keep them company
  • Little terrarium

Clothes/Accessories:
  • Zip up/ button up sweater for under jacket layering, so no hood
  • Summer PJs shorts or short gown, Ive got plenty for winter, but just moved to a new town (family area, lots of walkers) and realized I might need to do more coverage in summer
  • Socks/Stockings the longer, the better
  • Fingerless gloves
  • Skirt ankle length and flowing. Style tends toward bohemian or hippie, but solid colors are also nice for work.
  • Jewelry always welcome, earrings, necklaces, pendants, or anklets Thanks wx2dzug!
  • Hair sticks also always welcome, regular chopstick size is a little long so shorter is preferred (that said, I still wear the longer ones too)
  • Renaissance Faire costume parts especially interested in a corset, bag, headpiece, or anything with bells on it.

Bath Related:
  • Cloth panty liners or pads
  • Natural soaps or candles
  • Mineral makeup Im fair skinned, but whether my skin is cool or warm I have no idea. Maybe someone could explain this to me?

Other:
  • Pin cushion something that can stand alone. My current one is old and ugly Thanks Troublet!
  • Painting/sketch/digital rendition of my boyfriend and I
  • Car decoration after having my car fixed, I no longer have my easy to notice license plate. So, now all I have is a plain white car. I need something to give it some personality and make it easier to find in a parking lot! Inside or outside decorations are both fine, as long as its nothing thats stuck permanently.
  • Adult themed (PM for details)
  • Professional (I am the teacher after all) looking side bag/ messenger bag for school books
  • Christmas cards I swear I was going to start Christmas planning early this year and make some already, but it hasnt happened yet
  • A small pen/pencil bag (enough for 5-6 pens) right now they all get lost at the bottom of my bag
  • Business cards my printer sucks at that whole alignment thing and botches business cards every time, plus I need a new design
  • A surprise! wist for ideas: http://www.wists.com/Cyndy225

Supplies
  • Yarn especially naturals, soft, or multi-colored (especially looking for: black wool and Baltimore Ravens purple wool for a felted mohawk hat)
  • Fabric I never say no to fabric! (especially looking for: chair covering fabrics for two chairs- something fun, stripes are always good, either includes purple and black or orange and black or one of each (I like the colors and they match the guys sports teams (Ravens and Orioles))
  • Crochet patterns (or knitting patterns if theyre pretty simple): especially amigurumi/stuffy or winter accessories
  • Old pocket watch or pocket watch parts
  • Any stamp making starter supplies
  • Any resin starter supplies
  • Ties

Extras
  • Recipes Vegetarian or fish. Im mostly looking for meals, but any kind is welcome (not really a fan of mushrooms)
  • Dark chocolate German or organic are favorites, plain, nuts, crisps, dried fruit, yogurt, and lemon are all great, coffee related is the only dislike.
  • Seeds for plants that do okay inside would be best
  • Dried herbs or flowers
  • Natural lip balm
  • Small boxes like the cardboard or plastic ones jewelry comes in, I use them for shipping
  • Macro photos I love close ups of bugs, plants, and mushrooms! Also love photos of buildings
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011 07:53:09 AM by cyndy225 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CharmmyKitty
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011 12:16:08 PM »

Hi! Im Melissa and Im a university student living in North Bay, Ontario (Canada). I will be turning 21 on the 18th of February.
I love bright colours, animal prints, glitter and other girly things. My favourite colours are pink, green, and yellow. I love sailor moon, hello kitty, the Final Fantasy X, X-2, and XII video games, and anything princess themed (especially Disney). I love yoga, so anything yoga/zen themed would be well loved. I have very sensitive skin so if you send any kind of body product please make it scent free, also, for earrings I need sterling or surgical posts. I have asthma so I am sensitive to smoke and heavy scents.

Crafts
- A surprise from my wist! (or just a surprise in general!)  http://www.wists.com/charmmykitty  Thanks Goktrose for a surpirse gift!
- Decorated hair clips, head band, or fascinator (no bobby pins please)
- *Big Wish* A Chocobo item (plushie, keychain, wall art, etc. Im open to whatever you can make me)
- Jewellery items (either fun to wear every day, or mature to wear on my teaching placements.)
- Thread catcher bag for my sewing machine
- A unique pin cushion
- A needle book
- An apron (theres one I like on my wist)
- **big wish** a compact mirror made to look like Sailor Moons locket (on this website there is a link you can click to see a picture of it) http://www.minimanga.com/~eminblack/sailormoonsnipits/usa.html

Supplies
-Bento supplies!! (accessories and containers)
- Fabric (scraps or otherwise)
- Shrinky Dink kit

Extras
- buttons
- whimsies
- candy (especially if you live in another country!!)

If you have any questions about anything on my list feel free to PM me!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011 05:18:37 PM by CharmmyKitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011 05:24:06 AM »

Hello out there in Craftsterland Smiley  My name is Zo and on 2/14 this year I will be the big THREE OH!! YAY!!  I live in Cape Coral, FL with my lovely wife, Nicky, and our kitty cats Akasha and Jackie.  I have been crafting on and off since I was youngbeaded bracelets, cross stitch, hemp, flower head wreaths.  My mother tried to get me into sewing when I was 12, she bought me the machine I am still using now, a Singer Sonata, but I just was not interested and everything seemed VERY complicated to a kid like me!  LOL!  Sewing really is my big love right now, beaded jewelry following a close second, and I do still make my flower head wreaths every year for the local medieval faire.  I've recently learned embroidery and love it, and have all the supplies, but have yet to get back into doing cross stitch again.

I love owls, sea life like octopus, starfish, jellyfish, colorful tropical fish, butterflies, dragonflies, mod prints, hippie stuffsee my wists here for TONS of great ideas on what I like or specific items that could be made.

www.wists.com/thesapphiremoon

CRAFTED ITEMS

Knit or crochet hats, here are some examples of styles I LOVE (cotton or acrylic or other 'breathable' materials, as I do live in FL so would like to get some spring/summer use out of these too!):
Crochet Flower Cloche Hat
Cloche or Bucket Hat
Knit or crochet headbands (cotton or acrylic or other 'breathable' materials, as I do live in FL so would like to get some spring/summer use out of these too!) like THIS or THIS or THIS Smiley
Giant flower hair clips like THIS or THIS (please hide the threads on the button though Wink ) or THIS
Jewelry bracelets, anklets, or necklaces (I have large wrists and ankles, if you choose these items, please PM me for measurements)
Zip pouch set (to match/coordinate with each other)
Apron top (PM for bust/hips/preferred length measurements!)
Tunic or dashiki (PM for measurements!)
Wrap pants or Thai fisherman pants (Im plus size (but hopefully not for too much longer, loosing weight Smiley ) and taller so inseam on pants needs to be 33 or 34 incheson cropped pants, can be 22 inches)
WISTY SURPRISE (...and, BOY, is there a TON of stuff to choose from!)

CRAFT SUPPLIES

DMC floss
14ct aida cloth - white
Beads
Charms
Jewelry findings and large link chain silver only please
Fabric, fabric, fabric  Grin  (see my wists for stuff I like, IKEA fabric is ALWAYS welcome!!)
Fusible interfacing (I go through this like water LOL!)
Thread
Zippers
Velcro
No-roll elastic, 1" or 1.5" width
Patterns for womens clothing sizes 14-18 and up

EXTRAS

Skittles
Starburst
Craisins
Cranberry/cashew/almond 'trail mix'
Giftcard to Joann's or Michaels - $10, no need to go crazy with it!  LOL!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011 05:45:18 AM by TheSapphireMoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
mistress_batty
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Batty Bat Bat

happy hookin' mistress

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011 01:22:55 PM »

So lets see here.....I'm originally from Vermont but keep moving back to Washington (it's where I am now) because I just love this place. <3 I just moved into the place I'm at now in November, so I'm still kind of settling and trying to make my room feel like mine. So I've really been trying to get artwork and such for the walls. I work from home so I'm staring at these walls a lot while I'm on the computer lol
 I have a cat too....he's a weirdo and lives like a shut in. lol He's afraid of people so he just hangs out like a madman in our room. His name is Mao.
 Some things I like are: bats, Om, koi fish, certain curse words (PM if you want them for a project), corsets, tattoos, kawaii things (especially food with the faces), smooth fox  terriers, Mighty Boosh....
 I'll include some links here to my Deviant Art favorites, Flickr favorites, and then my Tumblr...which is basically a place I shove photos and quotes that I like and find as inspiration for future creations. So those three are great places to get ideas.
 (P.S. - Deviant Art does have some more adult content than the other two...in case you want to avoid that)
Deviant Art - http://mistressbatty.deviantart.com/favourites/
Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/leftcoastcrafty/favorites/
Tumblr - http://uneatablesorbet.tumblr.com/

Crafted Items
(feel free to stalk the included links for what to put on these ideas Smiley )

* completed embroidery or cross stitched hoops for my hoopla wall  (the more the merrier!)

* tote bag to put projects I'm working on in

* a messenger bag

* painting or mixed media wall hanging

* necklace (I like longer ones, if you pick this I can measure and give you a better idea on the length - smaller necklaces just make me feel like I'm choking Sad )

* embroidery patterns created and based on some specific BDSM photos (which I'll supply. They'd be simple, basically just line drawings / outlines and nothing graphic really - if this interests you, we can always chat before committing to it)

* a wall vase like http://distantbloggers.tumblr.com/post/2761304691/making-a-vase-for-on-the-wall-step-one-buy

* mounted "taxidermy" similar to these (doesn't have to be these animals of course) - http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lezf4niwxi1qfs5t6o1_400.png, http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs26/i/2008/170/3/0/Praying_mantis_taxidermy_small_by_WeirdBugLady.jpg

* something with the Mod Wolves from The Mighty Boosh - heres some fan art... http://mizuki-chi.deviantart.com/art/The-Mighty-Boosh-167095432?q=favby:mistressbatty/5669329&qo=19, http://cosplayfever.deviantart.com/art/Cosplay-Fever-16-09-09-137344414?q=favby:mistressbatty/5669329&qo=31, and a GIF from the episode - http://macropus-rufus.deviantart.com/art/Mod-Wolf-Gif-145760811?q=favby:mistressbatty/5669329&qo=34

* desk lawn like this - http://easymakesmehappy.blogspot.com/2010/05/recycle-t-shirts-desk-lawn.html

* any sort of surprises from any of my included links Smiley I'm sure you have awesome talents, use them to make anything you see fit Smiley

Supplies

* eyes for amigurumi

* handspun yarn

* embroidery hoops

* neat embroidery floss holders like these: http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.196368526.jpg, http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.196368480.jpg, http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgq8otKQpU1qfs5t6o1_500.jpg

Extras

* catnip

* scented tea light candles (vanilla, baked goods,  tropical fruits)

* candies from different parts of the world or fruit flavored candies here in America (not a huge chocolate fan)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011 11:07:27 AM by mistress_batty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011 01:29:11 PM »

Swap is now closed to claims! Please send your items by your send dates!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Future of Aesthetics with Dale Chihuly
Nudity & Anatomy: 18th-Century Statue Causes a Scandal
Time Lapse Chainsaw Dormouse Bench Carving
Hyper-Real Sculptures and More Arts Stories
Toad Sculpture Chainsaw Carving Time Lapse
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...