A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
726 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 123
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Hoopla R4 - Diptych Round!! (SU CLOSED, SO 3/21/11)  (Read 80063 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pugwash

oh, hello there

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2011 01:59:42 AM »

My part of Wisconsin got nailed. The snow's higher than the bumper of my car, and the people my landlord highers are no where to be seen. I won't be going anywhere for a while. I just hope they show up and clear the parking lot sometime before tomorrow (they seem to take 2-3 days to show up), but even if they do, the city street isn't cleared either. Yay!

I wonder if you live by me :p  The guys never came by yesterday or today to clear sidewalks, and we were one of the few lots that was sort of cleared out. Instead of stitching like I had wanted, I helped the boyfriend dig out our front door from a 6' snowdrift. My truck was completely buried and took an hour to dig out but I'm still stuck!

This was taken after shoveling from the inside out through a 4' drift. You can sort of see where a neighbor girl had climbed up so she could sled down from our door  Cry

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2011 07:03:56 AM »

oh my goodness pugwash!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

savage pixie

will sew for shoes

« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2011 08:07:44 AM »

Wow pugwash, that's crazy.
And hi, we're neighbors - I'm in MN. I do have to say that I am so relieved that this missed us. We have been walloped over and over this winter (and really, we still have 3+months of it) and though I do feel for everyone out there dealing with it - for most the snow will be gone in a few days, ha.

On a hoop note...
I too have been seeing inspiration for this round everywhere. I just keep trying to write things down and hope I can find the paper when the time comes for my grand idea to present itself once I get my partner.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

my wist http://wists.com/savagepixie
Trish Fantastic
My Clumsiest Line...

« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2011 09:04:15 AM »

What is the craziest for us here on the coast in Connecticut: The snow refuses to melt. The temperatures haven't really been above freezing much at all this month.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaleAngelLex
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2011 09:06:31 AM »

I wonder if you live by me :p  The guys never came by yesterday or today to clear sidewalks, and we were one of the few lots that was sort of cleared out. Instead of stitching like I had wanted, I helped the boyfriend dig out our front door from a 6' snowdrift. My truck was completely buried and took an hour to dig out but I'm still stuck!

They showed up yesterday! And then left our sidewalks looking like this.

One of the neighbor's son and grandson came out to help us clear the snow they left behind. Then I tried to go clear snow at my grandma's and my car broke down Sad At least it stopped snowing and I've had time to finish up some projects before the swap starts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

« Reply #175 on: February 03, 2011 09:06:47 AM »

Here in mid-Michigan the snow was mid-thigh and even higher when it drifted. I live in a basement apartment and it was pitch dark when I woke up... I had to wade out and shovel out our windows!

I did, however, spend a good chunk of the day with a mug of tea, working on a hoopla for another swap. Good practice for this one.

And as far as ideas go- now I really want a set of hoops with a girl (resembling myself) walking a Pomeranian. A leash would be a cute way to connect the hoops. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2011 09:21:25 AM »

And as far as ideas go- now I really want a set of hoops with a girl (resembling myself) walking a Pomeranian. A leash would be a cute way to connect the hoops. Cheesy

That is such a cute idea!! I wonder how many hoops will actually end up being physically connected? I'm already sooo excited for this gallery.

I can't believe all of the crazy snow photos! YIKES! I bet that we end up with some chilly themes for some of our hoops Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #177 on: February 03, 2011 09:25:38 AM »

I like the idea of the connected hoops!  I'm sure we will see some interesting ideas - especially since last round there were so many "out of hoop" additions to the hoops.  People are getting really creative with the hoop idea Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
pugwash

oh, hello there

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2011 10:41:24 AM »

Wow pugwash, that's crazy.
And hi, we're neighbors - I'm in MN. I do have to say that I am so relieved that this missed us. We have been walloped over and over this winter (and really, we still have 3+months of it) and though I do feel for everyone out there dealing with it - for most the snow will be gone in a few days, ha.

I've been sad most of this winter because we really hadn't had any large storms yet until this last one. I'm lucky that I'm not plowing snow anymore though because I wouldn't have been able to get anywhere at all yesterday. As it is, I'm still having trouble getting out of my lot today.

Hoop news, I keep thinking up ideas for this round and I can't wait for it to start. I'm tempted to just create them all anyway, but then my small hoopla wall space would be completely full! I love the idea mentioned earlier about walking a dog and connecting the two via the leash. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cw246
« Reply #179 on: February 03, 2011 01:38:56 PM »

i would like to join please

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 123 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Building a German U-Boat
Art Showcase: Spitfire Mk IX
Art Showcase: Avro Arrow Mailbox
Exclusive Look at Resistance
10 Bands Named After Food
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...