A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 123
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Hoopla R4 - Diptych Round!! (SU CLOSED, SO 3/21/11)  (Read 79963 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Robinpich

What an honor to be a "Best of" winner.........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #750 on: February 28, 2011 08:28:52 PM »

okay, are y'all ready to be insanely jealous?   my mom went to a business foreclosure auction today and brought me back some goodies   
HOLY SHIT.... i mean.... wow! what a great ma!!!!

DItto OGD...HOLY SHIT!  that is some fantastic mom!  what fun you're gonna have  Grin Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will personal swap for ATCs (fabric or paper), Teesha Moore poptarts/pillows and most any kind of embroidery- PM me
Blog
erica_tattoos
« Reply #751 on: February 28, 2011 08:32:35 PM »

yyyyaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all done! mailing tomorrow! which is a funny coincidence since partners for my next swap are announced tomorrow! believe it or not it really just happened that way! i'm really happy with your hoops, prettyrustyrobot.... i'd say i don't wanna let them go (cause they really did come out super cute if i do say so myself) except that they are so specific to your tastes that half the time i giggle when i look at them and half the time i don't really "get" them myself!

hopefully they'll land safely in your hot little hands by the end of the week!  Wink

*knock on wood*

ps thanks guys, yeah i've gotta think of something awesome to make for my mom with some of the cool swag she got me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PurpleHeather
« Reply #752 on: February 28, 2011 11:02:35 PM »

Babaliba - I use a light box and a 3b pencil, the lines rub off natural coloured linen rather well.

I tried to sew yesterday evening, but I'm at a bit of an impasse! I've finished one big bit, starting on a second, and worrying so much about it going wrong that I'm not enjoying it, even though it is early doors and I need to finish lots more of this bit before it looks good. To make things worse, my laptop is broken, so my lunch times stitching needs to be spent typing up an essay for my art course. And damn, updating craftster on my htc desire is annoying sometimes. So yeah, roll on weekend after next, holiday.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011 11:05:54 PM by PurpleHeather - Reason: typos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #753 on: March 01, 2011 05:38:34 AM »

Hell at this point I am ready to use a sharpie if it would work..I have never had issues like this before..I am just Grrr on the one but it will be OK I am sure Smiley thanks for the help peeps..cant wait to see the gallery Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
erica_tattoos
« Reply #754 on: March 01, 2011 06:15:46 AM »

if it's a lighter colored material i lay a piece of carbon paper down and then my original sketch and trace over the sketch to transfer the lines. that's what i did for the ones i just did. if it's darker fabric i make a kind of stencil by cutting out key lines or little holes at key intersections and mark through them to the fabric with a white colored pencil. then i use the sketch for reference and use the pencil to just kind of "fill in" the lines and stuff i need to finish out the design. it's kind of an awkward bass-ackward way of going about it, but i have lots of colored pencils. i don't have fancy transfer paper or anything. =)

i sent today! mail lady says it should arrive thursday or friday!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #755 on: March 01, 2011 07:27:12 AM »

i use the bots crayolas. if the lines havent transferred as dark as i like ( like this round) on darkish fabric, i couldnt see the pink pencil lines so i grabbed a purple crayola marker.  rinsed out no problem. so i you have a vague outline... have you thought about a light chalk or powder pounce? 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
javede
« Reply #756 on: March 01, 2011 08:12:59 AM »

Thanks everyone for the transfering tipps eventhough I didn't ask the question. I have been thinking about how to transfer the pattern this time since it will be quite fine and the transfer pen I own makes too broad lines. I guess I will just mark some points and then use a soft pencil.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #757 on: March 01, 2011 08:22:10 AM »

Someone in the last round was talking about using freezer paper and a printer to transfer. It worked well for me. basically cut a sheet of freezer paper down to printer paper size, iron it to your fabric that's the same size or smaller plastic side facing fabric, lining up the edge that will go through first (from my experience) and print it, using the fabric as the side that gets the ink. Peal off the paper and hoop it. The ink should wash out, though I don't know, I do it all backwards and from underneath so I didn't have to worry about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #758 on: March 01, 2011 08:25:56 AM »

BOINK...Washable markers WTH WHY did I not think of that..so much easier ROTFL..giggling

I was just hoping that with not useing a printed iron on pattern I could use the transfer pin w/o any issues WELL HELL not LOL..

it will all work our as I see I am not the only one with the  Undecided but this is a great fix and idea Smiley

My laptop is my lightbox LOL I have one but no way I just pull off the net and go  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
ZidishaLuxe
She's So Unusual

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

« Reply #759 on: March 01, 2011 08:36:06 AM »

My laptop is my lightbox LOL I have one but no way I just pull off the net and go  Grin

I do the same thing. My fabric was light enough that I just layed the drawing under it over my screen and traced the outlines with pencil.

I don't know anything about this transferring, so this is all useful info!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 123 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shrimp Creole Recipe
How to Make Broccoli Rice Casserole
Seared Orange Salmon - Alaska Salmon Recipe #3
Crab Cakes with Lemongrass Mustard Mayo
Zesty Italian Salmon - Alaska Salmon Recipe #2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...