A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
398 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 123
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Hoopla R4 - Diptych Round!! (SU CLOSED, SO 3/21/11)  (Read 80225 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Trish Fantastic
My Clumsiest Line...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #690 on: February 26, 2011 07:19:00 AM »

My lovely little dog just ripped the embroidery out of one of my hoops and snapped the hoop in half. Thank god he thought the hoop was the tasty part of the equation. I left the room for no more than 1 minute. SIGH.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #691 on: February 26, 2011 07:44:55 AM »

My lovely little dog just ripped the embroidery out of one of my hoops and snapped the hoop in half. Thank god he thought the hoop was the tasty part of the equation. I left the room for no more than 1 minute. SIGH.
I love doggie art Grin! glad he did not get the needle in his paw I would cry  Cry

I finally decided on what I am making you Smiley Now to draw them out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

« Reply #692 on: February 26, 2011 07:59:33 AM »

Embroidery hoops are my dogs FAVORITE crafty chew toys. They love chomping them into tiny pieces, eating them and then puking them up in the middle of the night.

I'm glad he didn't eat the embroidery!!

I found the perfect background fabric for my hoops. I wish I had more time to work on it this weekend but with our out of town guests sleeping in my craft room it kind of cramps my hoopla style  Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trish Fantastic
My Clumsiest Line...

« Reply #693 on: February 26, 2011 08:02:45 AM »

I love doggie art Grin! glad he did not get the needle in his paw I would cry  Cry

Nah, don't have to worry about that. His favorite thing to do is jump up on my chair and pull my pin cushion onto the floor so he can pull the pins out one at a time. No matter where I put it he always gets it. That and the sponge from the kitchen sink. He isn't THAT big! I am starting to think he knows how to fly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58

« Reply #694 on: February 26, 2011 08:05:56 AM »

Nah, don't have to worry about that. His favorite thing to do is jump up on my chair and pull my pin cushion onto the floor so he can pull the pins out one at a time. No matter where I put it he always gets it. That and the sponge from the kitchen sink. He isn't THAT big! I am starting to think he knows how to fly.
Like with my Ralphie Mae his horns hold his halo up Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58

« Reply #695 on: February 26, 2011 08:06:53 AM »

Embroidery hoops are my dogs FAVORITE crafty chew toys. They love chomping them into tiny pieces, eating them and then puking them up in the middle of the night.

I'm glad he didn't eat the embroidery!!

I found the perfect background fabric for my hoops. I wish I had more time to work on it this weekend but with our out of town guests sleeping in my craft room it kind of cramps my hoopla style  Cheesy.

HAHAHA HOTEL LOL jk but you know you were thinking it LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaleAngelLex
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #696 on: February 26, 2011 08:21:05 AM »

My aunt and I finally got around to cleaning out my grandmother's house (since the bank is taking it at the end of the month and all) and I found a wonderful thing up in one of her closets. Her old cross stitch supplies. There was an entire box of embroidery floss, pattern books, hoops, a started towel, and vintage iron on embroidery patterns.  She was so much better about organizing her stuff than I am, but now I'll just have to follow her example.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
mgailp
Queen of 1000 Proj... Ooo, shiney

To boldly craft where everyone has crafted before

View Profile WWW
« Reply #697 on: February 26, 2011 08:46:35 AM »

My aunt and I finally got around to cleaning out my grandmother's house .... {snip} .... There was an ... a started towel,

Finish the towel and frame it or set it to display some other way. It will be a treasured possession. We found a quilt top in my great-grandmother's things which my grandmother and I finished. It is one of my most prized items.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
The Sketchbook Project: Hope (Craft-A-Long)
Taking applicants for the Society of Procrastinators ... tomorrow
kanawinkie
« Reply #698 on: February 26, 2011 12:13:23 PM »

Holy Radio Silence Batman!!

Sorry for being quiet, I've been away the past couple of days and returned to no internets(!)
Everything is back and in working order now and I'm slowly catching up on the discussion..

I brought the smaller of my two hoops along with me though and I'm just on finished with it, so now onto my last one! I have the idea all sorted out but it's technically more challenging then the first, I'm so nervous to get started  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do it for the joy it brings, 'cause I'm a joyful girl."

I Blog! * I Take Photos! * I Wist!
NostalgiaDeathmatch
« Reply #699 on: February 26, 2011 01:53:02 PM »

I've been embroidering most of the day! I should finish tonight or tomorrow, and send around Monday or Tuesday! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 123 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sketch a Mouth
How to Rank Comic Books
How to Sketch Eyes
How to Draw Winged Hearts
How to Draw Graffiti Names
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...