A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,690
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Invite Your Partner Round 17 - Gallery  (Read 30749 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2011 03:01:49 PM »

Ok everyone! Get your popcorn and comfty robes because this is going to take a bit, and you might as well get snuggled up and get ready for the awesomeness that is onegroovyday!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

She sent me such an unbelievable package and I am so in love with everything!!

When I first opened the package I was greeted with filler of batting  Cheesy I laugh because I just bought some from Joanns but as I'm going to soon be experimenting with quilting and art quilts, the more the merrier lol.

The first thing I opened was an awesome fabric coil bowl! I love these and use them to store crafty projects to keep by the couch so I don't have to keep getting up for small supplies. This is perfect  Smiley

Next I opened a bunch of smaller packages that held a super cute notebook filled with cute paper and woodland themed/crafty themed stamps and sayings. I think it might be turned into my new swap journal  Smiley Also there were sweater felted arm warmers in a really awesome pattern that are really warm! There was also a neat little robot in a frame that was done on a page of text which I love. And a necklace that OGD made herself with a leaf pressed into it - how did you make that? I think it's really awesome and would love to learn how to make it myself. A cute pouch that'll come in handy for school pencil supplies, and a little needlebook (I totally needed this!) in a fun lime green houndstooth print  Smiley

We're both working on hoopla walls and this is the one she made for me!!! It is so incredibly detailed and I have to say, MY GOD the stitching is so tiny!!! How many strands do you work with OGD? If I had to guess I'd say 1 overall which is crazy!! I had to include a close-up of the detail for each season. I think my favorite is the teeny tiny flowers and the swing. If you notice on each season there's a hook so I can rotate the hoop for the appropriate time of year  Cheesy She also made me a tiny hoop that had the quote "nobody puts baby in the corner" from Dirty Dancing, which rocks as that movie is on both of our favorites list  Smiley. Somehow the picture got deleted but I'll come back to re-edit it in, or OGD if you have a picture handy feel free to post it.

Next were some super snuggly slippers which are perfect since my current slippers have holes in them  Roll Eyes I'm wearing them right now hehe.

OGD made me the most perfect sewing machine cover ever! Its so me - simple with a nice patterning, and silhouette design. LOVE the raven applique, it is soooooooo well sewn. I hope to one day be half that good.

Here's all the fabric that everything was wrapped up in  Grin It's all going to go to my stash and I'll have to plot the perfect way to use them.

And I had to save the best for last....she made me a BIG EYED BIRD!! Inspired by FishStikks' creation, it's made from a felted sweater (?) and has bendable feet so I can pose him! I am in love!!!!!! I had to take a few pictures to show him off in his full glory.

He strikes a pose.

He's a curious little critter.

He likes whispering naughty little secrets in my ear.  Cheesy

I love everything so so very much. Thank you OGD for being completely awesome  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2011 04:11:08 PM »

Whoa! Amazing package! I can't do a wisting of anything, because I can't pick which item is the most wist-worthy! (there's only 1 wists picture per page)

Ok everyone! Get your popcorn and comfty robes because this is going to take a bit, and you might as well get snuggled up and get ready for the awesomeness that is onegroovyday!!
I love gallery posts that begin like this.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
cackle
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Pottery, Ceramics, Polymer Clay Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Whenever I close my eyes the lights go on.. Lummis

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2011 04:18:11 PM »

What!!!! This is wonderful. OGD, you are a very creative gal.  Grin What an absolutely dynamite package. Love the slippers and, well, gee, everything!  Smiley Cheesy Grin
That bird cracks me up.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011 04:19:16 PM by cackle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FoxyBlue
« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2011 04:18:28 PM »

Amazzzzzzzzzzzzing!!!!! She's one talented chick, that OGD!!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I looooooove personal swaps! Anyone want to do a wall art swap??
My blog: http://foxybluecreations.blogspot.com/
facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deedras-Art/257639572940
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: March 05, 2011 05:41:10 PM »

okay, that hoop is so wisted, that birdy is so funky cute, and I may need to copy them slippers....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2011 05:49:36 PM »

thanks for the compliments guys... the thing I like the best about IYP's is that I can make whatever I want my partner to have!!!........sheepBlue.. . I am so glad you like everything.......

the hoop was mostly stitched with 2 strands, in some places just 1... and yes the stitches are very very very tiny... it took from new years day till the day before send outs to complete, I'll admit i took a few breaks, but i basically worked on it a little bit each day....

I'm happy that you like the leaf print necklace, it almost didn't get sent because I wasn't really happy with the way it came out.... but it was really EASY.... I took the dog for a walk, picked up a leaf along the way... got out some white sculpy, pressed the leaf in it, baked, painted with watered down acrylic paint and then wiped off so that only the indentations held the paint....and then did a few coats of sealer/top coat.

and YES, the big eyed bird was made out of a felted sweater...

thanks for being such a wonderful partner sheepBlue .... we can dance anytime you have that 'groovin' feeling!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #216 on: March 05, 2011 05:50:22 PM »

That is a freakin awesome package!!!  Holy crapola you got spoiled!  That is such great crafty stuff!  I love it all!  Like Callua said - there's just too many things to wist there!  I think my favorites are the embroidery and the coiled bowl. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2011 05:56:51 PM »

That is a freakin awesome package!!!  Holy crapola you got spoiled!  That is such great crafty stuff!  I love it all!  Like Callua said - there's just too many things to wist there!  I think my favorites are the embroidery and the coiled bowl. Cheesy

aww thanks!!....

I am so addicted to those coiled fabric bowls, I love making them... its like instant gratification ..... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thisbirdsabsurd

Be Happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2011 07:45:09 PM »

Wow-weeeeeee!!!  So much stuff - and all of it wonderful!  OGD - you are amazing.  And I agree about those bowls - made a bunch at Christmas - so much fun and they look great!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd .etsy.com
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2011 07:57:55 PM »

I'm in total agreement about the need to wist that entire package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fall-Winter Fashion Tips from Lady Dutch
Who Wore It Best? Angelina or Christina Aguilera?
Lady Gaga Dresses… Normal! And Shows Off New Tattoo
Kate Middleton Opts for an Easy Island Style on Tour
Adele to Design Plus-Sized Collection For Burberry
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...