A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,441
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My new fave scarf (total upcycle)  (Read 661 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: January 27, 2011 10:57:37 AM »

SO...I decided to take my late fiance, Danny's,  old shirts and make a quilt from them.  But there were so many poor shirts that didn't make the quilt cut (ha...*giggle*) because they were just plain shirts.  So after feeling bad for these clothes, I decided to upcycle them.

And here is the final product.  It doesn't look at as good in the pics, it's a gold color...not so much yellow.  I'm not sure whether I want to tuck all the ends in...I personally think it gives it a little something that the plain ole garter stitch lacks.

And a kinda blurry, but necessary action shot:

I'm going to be making a few more for Danny and I's son, and possibly his two other sons.  So any hints, tips, criticism, advice...yaknow...all that stuff would be appreciated (: 

Thanks for looking!!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011 12:14:09 PM »

That's great for so many reasons!  What a great way to use those t-shirts that are impossible to just throw away!  I like it with the ends out too- it gives it a really interesting texture.  What a great idea!  Smiley 

Progress not perfection.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011 12:54:30 PM »

I like it with the ends out, it gives it a little more character.  And what an awesome idea for the leftover shirts.

Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011 09:06:18 AM »

I agree, it looks good with the ends poking out for texture. And I'm sure Danny's sons would love to have scarves like it for themselves. Well, I don't know them, so I couldn't be sure but it's a really sweet idea and it would be a lovely way for them to have a little something of his for the future and a nice thing about the scarves is they don't take up a lot of space so they can easily be kept and moved from home to home etc. Plus it's something you can snuggle up in in an entirely masculine (or not un-masculine at least) way!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sunny Anderson Shows You How to Make the Perfect Pancake Batter
3 Grilled Cheese Tricks You Need to Try
Classic Sloppy Joe Recipe
How to Make the Perfect Cheeseburger
Sunny Anderson Makes a 3-Minute Quiche ... In a Coffee Mug?!
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...