A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: My version of the Mod Record Purse  (Read 127736 times)
Tags for this thread: record_purse , record , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ilovemystarbursts
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2005 08:34:13 PM »

That is so totally awesome! It is like the best of the best! I might just have to try my hand at this. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glasskatana
tamara, a glass katana

i like bright and shiny things.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2005 08:49:49 PM »

oooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOooooOOOOOOOOOOO
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Fish die belly upward, and rise to the surface. Its their way of falling."

Andre Gide
bowlordie
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2005 07:46:59 PM »

yeah, i just drilled it on an old board also. thanks for posting answers,  Momwith3kids Wink. i've been neglecting my post. bad bowlordie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ohhdarling

Stuff me in your bones.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2005 09:35:29 PM »

Is there no piece of board or anything in the bottom? It doesn't sag at all when things are inside?
This is brilliant. I'm definitely putting off all my other projects to make one of these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We calm ourselves with store-bought dreams.
RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2005 04:06:22 PM »

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!! i loooove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there no piece of board or anything in the bottom? It doesn't sag at all when things are inside?
This is brilliant. I'm definitely putting off all my other projects to make one of these!

since i'm making it, NO MATTER WHAT, i would put a piece of cardboard betweent the outside fabric and the linning. or maybe i could melt a piece of record. do you guys thing that they would bond??? also, i think that spray adhesive would work better??? what do you think?? anyway DUDE!!!!! this is toooo cool!!!! one of my sister's friend's uncle died and he gave us a shitload of records. plus we already had a ton on our ceiling. YESS!!! and my dad's a carpenter so plenty of power tools here! YES! i love you!!!! seriously!!! i'm estatic!!!! thanks a MILLION!!!!!!

<3,
karen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

momwith3kids
HOMESChOOL

Hey y'all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2005 07:43:54 PM »

Not sure about the spray adhesive.  I don't know if that would hold so well.  It is a little tricky to get the inside good enough to hot glue.  You want it to be just perfect.

I interfaced the outer fabric as well as the lining.  It makes it a little sturdy.

Instead of cardboard, maybe you could use a piece of plastic canvas, cheap and will hold up to moisture.

Records on the ceiling, I've got to see that one.  Ain't it the bomb to get free records.  Then you don't worry about breaking them.  I found it easier to cut the records when you heat up your knife.  I didn't even drill the holes for the rings last time.  I just heated up my knife and twisted it around.  Perfect hole.

Post a picture guys.  I want to see some more of bowlordies record purses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine is like my left hand.... I can't write with it, but I NEED it none the less.

see ya'll on the flip side

My Etsy Shop
http://momwith3kids.etsy.com

My Homeschool Blog
http://homeschoolblogger.com/momwith3kids
RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2005 08:40:26 PM »

damn!!! that was waaay harder than i thought, haha. my dad's stanley was waaay dull. it took me 5 records to get it done, THE BREAK SO FREAKIN' EASILY!!! one of the handles chipped and i think i'm going to make another one. knowing that it's chipped KILLS me!!! i'm suuuuuper perfectionist. so i guess i'll skip the spray. i've almost got it done, it's just the rings that are holding me back cuz i dont' have n e rite now. i'll go 2 walmart later. thanks for the advice momwith3kids!!!
and again, awesome purse!!! i'm so selfish, i would've never given a tutorial, haaha, let alone give it away!!! THANKS A MILLION!!!

<3,
karen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

momwith3kids
HOMESChOOL

Hey y'all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2005 09:25:20 PM »

Instead of key rings, I made one for a swap and used binder rings.  You can buy them in the school supplies section, around the paper clips, etc.  Then you don't have to fuss with trying to get it on.

I have also seen purses made this way.  Except they don't have record for the handles.  They have put leather, or whatever, for straps.  They just attached them under the lining.

Good luck.  Post some pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine is like my left hand.... I can't write with it, but I NEED it none the less.

see ya'll on the flip side

My Etsy Shop
http://momwith3kids.etsy.com

My Homeschool Blog
http://homeschoolblogger.com/momwith3kids
kraphtee87
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2005 01:53:25 PM »

O.. M... G... That is one of the greatest things i've ever seen!! Shocked Shocked  I wish I could do something like that.  No way.  I don't trust myself with anything that plugs in. Embarrassed Undecided  Awesome job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gurlzcanrock2

Photography echoes life.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2005 02:17:22 PM »

Last night I was fighting insomnia and trying to find something to do, which eventually led me here. And as soon as I saw this, I decided I wanted to make one too! So I started at like 10 o'clock this morning, and worked on it off and on during the day, and I just got finished. I had some troubles when I was cutting the records, but I found it was easier to heat them up in the oven (preheat to 300 degrees, slap it on a cookie tray and let it sit in there for like 2 minutes) to soften them up and make them easier to cut. So here's my homage to bowlordie's awesome idea and tutorial (excuse the crap on the mirror):

Bowlordie, you're a genius! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Did I post something you might want to buy? Check out my etsy shop! www.gchorddesigns.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Dixie Bell Cornbread Dressing
Dirty Rice Recipe
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Rotisserie Style Chicken Recipe
Mac and Cheese Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...