A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,488
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decked Out for Deathly Hallows - Part II is coming!  (Read 19469 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2011 09:53:26 AM »

and hey!  I reconstructed a hoodie to look like a house robe.  that should be on the list.  Tongue
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=275289.msg3112607#msg3112607

granted, it is in the same post as another hoodie, but still.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
SapphireGypsy
If it's Nerdy, I'll make it.

Don't make me use my wand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2011 10:55:36 AM »

I appreciate all the planning that goes into pairing partners. I'll be up to my eyeballs in my low carb diet so no matter how much I'd want to have piles and piles of Honeyduke's sweets they'd be sabotaging my efforts. Cheesy

Since you were collecting recipes and ideas for sugar-free treats, I thought I'd share some I found as well as some of my favorites.

I love my dehydrator for things like this.
Apple chips, you can control the amount of sugar that is in them when you make them yourself as opposed to buying them

Beef jerky - another thing you can control the sugar in when you make it yourself (tereyaki dragon anyone?)

Nuts are always a good option, assuming that your partner doesn't have a nut allergy.

For me, anything in small pieces helps. It's ok to have some chocolate or sweets but in small amounts. Bite size candy bars and things to silence the sugar craving beast but not let it run wild.

Peanut butter also makes a good substitution. Just because I'm limiting my carbs/sugar doesn't mean I don't still like sweet things. Cheesy

I also found a couple of recipes with replacements for the sugar. I haven't made these but thought I'd share.

Sugar-Free Snacks - Homemade Cookies
Baking your own snacks is usually the healthiest way to go. Here's an easy recipe for sugar-free cookies to try! This recipe makes about five dozen cookies, so you can share 'em with your friends and classmates.

Ingredients:
# 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
# 1/2 tsp. baking powder
# 3/4 cup butter
# 1 tsp. vanilla
# 1 egg
# 1 package of strawberry, raspberry or lime sugar-free Jello

Directions:
# Mix flour and baking powder.
# In another bowl, mix butter, sugar-free Jello, egg and vanilla.
# Gradually add the flour mix to the Jello mix.
# Cut out cool shapes with cookie cutters, or use a teaspoon to drop the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
# Bake at 400 degrees for about eight minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Enjoy!

Fruit Leather Rolls
This is the simple way of making these without the extra expense of buying them at a store.

* Clean and slice fruit of your choice to make 2 cups of puree.
    * 1 T. Lemon juice
    * 1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Puree sliced fruit. Add cinnamon and lemon juice to blender. Blend again. Spread mixture evenly in a 10x15 pan. Place in a 175 degree oven (leave door ajar) for 3 hours. If bottom is still wet, turn the fruit over and dry longer.
Cut into 20 strips and cover each with plastic wrap. Roll up (with plastic in layers). Store in an airtight container.

Just a couple I thought I'd share. Thank you for working so hard to make sure everyone's swap can be enjoyable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bobbinalong
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2011 12:02:54 PM »

I've kept a sticky next to my desk, so when I think of a good idea, I'll jot it down.  Hubby was trying to understand the whole 'swap' thing, looked at my list, and said "you're gonna make all of that?!", lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schultebunny
~*~ Little Firefighter Girl ~*~

It's not a matter of size, but a matter of heart.

« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2011 12:45:48 PM »

ditto, but I tend to get ideas randomly, so I keep a little notebook with me at all times. my SO saw mine and asked me the same question. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Working on getting back into swaps after some crazy two years!~

Please help me with my "patchwork" station blanket! I would love to get fire department patches! Thanks!
dinkime

Do you like my scrapbook monocle?

« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2011 03:37:49 PM »

i am getting excited for this one -- i will most likely be taking my 11 year old neighbor since i FINALLY have gotten her hooked on harry potter!  woo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mgailp
Queen of 1000 Proj... Ooo, shiney

To boldly craft where everyone has crafted before

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2011 06:26:53 PM »

I'm not sure you understand just how much time went into sorting and partnering last time!

Jennieingram, I'm sorry you took it to mean I thought sorting partners would be easy. I was trying to be light-hearted on it in a Potter way. I can see how even a small swap would take quite a bit of time to arrange with all the must-consider things like alergies, etc. before you even get to the 'I wants.'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
The Sketchbook Project: Hope (Craft-A-Long)
Taking applicants for the Society of Procrastinators ... tomorrow
Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2011 07:22:07 PM »

Sadly, my spouse is now going to be away for the summer and we won't be able to go to the movie together. I'm feeling really sad about it because she can go with her family (she's going to visit and make some money while waiting to get her papers in to move up here to Canada), but I don't have anyone who'd really want to go.

But I still want to craft. I might just have to latch onto some people to see the movie or wait for the DVD. Le sigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
Krafty_Karasu

« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2011 07:48:23 PM »

Sadly, my spouse is now going to be away for the summer and we won't be able to go to the movie together. I'm feeling really sad about it because she can go with her family (she's going to visit and make some money while waiting to get her papers in to move up here to Canada), but I don't have anyone who'd really want to go.

But I still want to craft. I might just have to latch onto some people to see the movie or wait for the DVD. Le sigh.

if you were closer (and maybe in the same country since I don't have a passport), I'd go with you!  I don't have anyone to go with either.  I have people to go with to Breaking Dawn, but none of my friends are Harry Potter fans.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2011 09:41:35 PM »

if you were closer (and maybe in the same country since I don't have a passport), I'd go with you!  I don't have anyone to go with either.  I have people to go with to Breaking Dawn, but none of my friends are Harry Potter fans.  Sad

Aw, that's sweet of you! Maybe I can find people on Craftster to go with. There have to be more of us in Toronto or close by. Smiley Either way I'll try not to let it ruin my crafting fun not to have her around. It's the first time we'll have been apart in 3 years, since we got married.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
Krafty_Karasu

« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2011 10:32:22 PM »

Aw, that's sweet of you! Maybe I can find people on Craftster to go with. There have to be more of us in Toronto or close by. Smiley Either way I'll try not to let it ruin my crafting fun not to have her around. It's the first time we'll have been apart in 3 years, since we got married.

I'm sure there are.  Smiley  I know of one Crafter that's in Toronto (only because I was partnered with her once), but I don't know if she was a Harry Potter fan.  if I was still in Kentucky, maybe I could have gone with jennieingram.  Tongue  but here in PA, I'm not sure of any HP fans near me.  Sad  Twilight sure, but not HP.

and it'll be tough, but you'll make it.  Wink  I'm sure you have pictures and you'll be able to talk.  so it'll almost be like having her there.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare a Chicken and Roast Pepper Sandwich
How to Prepare Barbecued Marinated Chicken
How to Cook a Chicken Ramen
How to Prepare Chicken Livers and Cauliflower Puree
How to Cook Grilled Tuna with Green Olive Relish
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...