A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,865
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: a little washable, a little waterproof and some recycling to boot!  (Read 1133 times)
Tags for this thread: pet_bed  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sallymayhomer
Happiness by Hand

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2011 10:47:32 AM »

This was my 2nd sewing project. I looked up certain techniques and didnt like any patterns I found online. I just kept it simple. My friend got himself a Mastiff puppy and I decided to make him a doggy bed. I found the suede-like fabric as well as the vinyl I used for the inside at a local fabric store in the sale bin. I used a yard long zipper so the short sides are a yard and the long way is a bit longer (sorry for the bad instruction I winged it and didnt take notes). I took the vinyl and right sides together sewed the edges together, leaving a foot open to stuff it and pulled it right side out. Filled it with . Plastic bags!! Lots and lots and lots of plastic bags. Then sewed it shut. I used the vinyl so itd be waterproof (fingers crossed on that one). I know dogs get stinky, especially the big ones so I made the outside with a zipper on one end so it can get washed! I used the invisible zipper technique and did the zipper end first, then (wrong sides together sewed the other three sides shut, unzipped the zipper and pulled it right side out, then ironed on one of those printable iron ons with a design the doggys daddy made and shoved the vinyl cushion inside and voila. Note: I ironed the iron on, extra to burn it to match the color of the fabric. Im happy to report the dog loves it, and its been washed and held up! Yay.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2011 10:50:20 AM by sallymayhomer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We should all fear evil men, but what we should fear most, is the indifference of good men. On a lighter note..have you smiled today? If you have not, Just DO IT! If you have..do it again!
YumJello01

Cats make for furry crafts

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011 03:53:24 PM »

Oh I like that the iron on is "burned" - what a great thought!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for book page paper flowers for my sister's wedding!  Will do personal swaps/swaps for supplies (available listed here) Thanks!

http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Ways to Wear a White Tee
Get a “Sons of Anarchy” Makeover
DIY Fashion: Shoulderless Shirt
Lunchtime Live -- New Fashion Mistakes In The Office
Best Bikini Bottoms to Flaunt Your Butt
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...