A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 308,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Apricot Jacket from Rebecca 27  (Read 54646 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Trebuchet

I already made infinity of those at scout camp.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 28, 2005 07:18:16 AM »

I was inspired by gloriana's post earlier this month in 'Completed Projects' to knit up this beauty, the Apricot Jacket from Rebecca 27.  So I googled it and discovered not only had a lot of other knitters already made this, but alot of other people had this on their 'To-Knit' list so I thought I'd start a knit-along for it.

It seems like some people were having trouble finding this particular issue of Rebecca, but I found it pretty easily on yarnmarket last week, ordered it and it's here in my eager little hands already. Also there's some talk that the pattern is rather, um, vague.  So all the more reason to have a knit-along.  We can suffer through it together.  Also since quite a few people have already made this, we should be able to figure out all the tricks from the notes these guys have posted on their blogs.

Now I just need to decide what yarn to use.  The pattern calls for GGH's Java, but here's what other knitter's have used (click on the name to see their finished Apricot Jacket):

So any takers? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

legallyblonde
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005 11:19:01 AM »

I just started this this week! I found the magazine at my LYS a couple of weeks ago.  I'm using Cotton Ease in the light pink shade (Strawberry Cream), mainly because the color is exactly what I wanted and because it fit the post-paying for last month's dog surgery budget more than some of the other choices. Smiley  I got the left front done in just a couple of evenings of knitting, so it's a pretty quick knit. 

Saying the pattern is vague is putting it mildly!  The instructions made almost no sense at times but I was able to look at the picture and figure things out.  Once I got going, it was fine but I had to rip out quite a few rows before.  I got part of the back done but had to again rip that out because it just didn't work out.  It's not really a difficult knit but it involves a lot of guesswork. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goodkarma
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005 02:53:12 PM »

I've actually had this on my list for quite a while and just last night pulled out the Rowan All Seasons Cotton I had saved for it. I didn't get gauge on my addi turbo #8s, and didn't like knitting the ASC with my bamboo straight #9s, so I'm headed to the LYS to get some #9 turbos and hope for the best.

Count me in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marichan
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005 07:21:44 AM »

Hi all -

I made this sweater about 7 months ago, and I love it!  It wasn't too bad to make once I figured out the chart.  I just wanted to let you know that there were mistakes on the pattern, and the corrections were on the Rebecca website.  I'm not sure if they are still there, but you might want to check it out.  Also, in retrospect, I wish I had actually used size 6 needles to knit it up as it turned out a little large for me knitting it to gauge.

Have fun  making it!

Mari Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

legallyblonde
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005 08:52:34 AM »

Here's a link to the Errata if anyone needs it...

http://www.rebecca-online.com/cgi-bin/news2/index.php4?action=shownews&mode=archiv&password=&login_name=&showtopic=&news_month=200402

Also, in retrospect, I wish I had actually used size 6 needles to knit it up as it turned out a little large for me knitting it to gauge.

I'm glad to hear you say that, well, not glad that yours is big but because I'm knitting it at a slightly smaller gauge, hoping it will fit better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trebuchet

I already made infinity of those at scout camp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005 05:44:37 PM »

Wow!  You guys are already off and running! I've got to finish up my current sweater before I'm going to let myself start on this, so it might be a week or so before I can focus on this.

Thanks for posting the errata too.  Perhaps the pattern won't be so confusing now?  Let's keep our fingers crossed.

legallyblonde, I'm thinking of using Lion Brand Cotton-Ease tool, if I can manage to find it anywhere locally.  I'm pretty teeny tiny and hope to 'shrink' the pattern by knitting it at a tighter gauge as well.  Hopefully this works out for us. Wink

Keep us posted on your apricot-y progress! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockadot
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005 07:46:34 AM »

i have a crush on this sweater. like i would sit by the phone on a friday night and wait for it to call me. i would cry when it didn't, but i would still call it the next day to see if it wanted to get milkshakes.

okay, so my recent lack of a full-on knitting project has left me slightly deranged...i am IN!

now it's off to order my materials!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kathyruth
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005 11:25:33 AM »

Love this sweater!  I thought I had this pattern and went looking for it last night.  So sad for me, I don't have it.  Today I did order Rebecca 27 and some Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Pink Diamond from New York Knits.  Because  Domesticat, well, I love the way her apricot looks.  So count me in!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
cameras4toys

"Tears are the orgasm of laughter!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005 12:16:46 PM »

I am working on the finishing of this sweater this week. I used Lion-Brand Cotton Ease in Strawberry Cream. It took 4 skeins exactly.

I think the chart is incorrect on row 9, I didn't see it in the errata.

If you followed the chart as it's written, the stitch looks twsted

THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockadot
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005 02:02:04 PM »

i want to order yarn tonight, but i don't have my issue of rebecca yet. what kind of gague am i looking for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Coffee Filter Roses
Love You Like No Otter

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...