A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
576 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered Puzzle Pieces - Round 3 Sign-ups CLOSED  (Read 24568 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StickerChic87
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2011 06:44:50 PM »

I have my pieces in envelopes ready to go as soon as I can get to the post office!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2011 08:34:21 PM »

GoddessGarb - I am so pleased with your theme!  I want a whole puzzle of it myself!

Me, too. There were so many themes that I wanted to craft - bees, colors, and the artist't choice people, but when I saw "sexy fat chicks", I was in!

Also, gala_apples mentioned in her PM that she sent out that she forgot to write her name on the back of her pieces. I forgot, also, and I had done it in the last rounds. But here is a suggestion for any of you who are slightly disorganized like me - keep the pieces you receive from your partners in the envelope until you begin working on them. I also wrote the theme(s) in BOLD letters so while at my desk, I could think and/or research the theme, if it was unfamiliar. Also, it keeps the address handy, without going online every 3 seconds. And when I began crafting the pieces, I wrote the swapper's name on the "work" paper I used so again I could keep them straight. Just suggestions - not hard and fast rules.

I keep all swap items in shoe boxes as I begin a swap (I usually have 2 or 3 at a time) and then I can toss in anything I find during the day that might be helpful, including sticky notes of ideas I get during the swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - April
Paper & Ephemera Swap - SO 3/07/14
Art Dolls 3 - Sign up NOW!
StickerChic87
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2011 08:37:54 PM »

I put my pieces in a little plastic bag to protect from potential melty snow, but I tucked a piece of paper in as well with my screen name...didnt know if that would help out my partners to keep organized or not, but I tried!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2011 08:55:14 PM »

I keep all swap items in shoe boxes as I begin a swap (I usually have 2 or 3 at a time) and then I can toss in anything I find during the day that might be helpful, including sticky notes of ideas I get during the swap.

Awesome idea. I managed to number my pieces (1-100), arrow, and write my screen name on all my pieces last night after I got the thing together. Then when I got partners today I wrote down all their info on a piece of paper that I'm keeping with the empty puzzle box that will house my workings. I have so many ideas floating in my head! I can't wait to get my pieces and get started!

FYI - If you've never heard the music of Candye Kane, look her up on your favorite music listening website (playlist.com, pandora, YouTube) and you'll see and hear from a REALLY sexy fat chick!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2011 09:41:38 PM »

I do this too, although I use rectangular plastic containers, with secure fitting lids. I have 2 young children and it keeps my crafting stuff safe from them as well as keeping me organised. Once I've finished a swap, I just put away all the material or tools that are left in the box and use it for the next one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2011 05:33:20 AM »

Gah.  I forgot to put my name on the back of my pieces.  I never considered how potentially easy it would be to mix pieces by accident!  If any of my partners didn't mark theirs and don't want me to write their names on the back, please let me know.  And go ahead and mark mine! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog

I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.
mellermann86
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2011 05:49:27 AM »

Sending the puzzle pieces today as soon as I get to the post office. I also realized I forgot to put my name in the back of the puzzle pieces as well. Oops.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2011 08:06:57 AM »

I didn't write my name on my pieces either.... I did trace them onto the card I sent them in, so if they get mixed up my partners can find the pieces that fit the tracing  Wink I also wrote my name and themes on the card as quick reminders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
shelina
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2011 09:44:42 AM »

I didnt think about writing my name on my pieces. I will do that asap.
I love the sexy fat chicks theme! That may be my next puzzle Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MunLtStmpr

We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2011 09:55:14 AM »

Mine are all packed for the post office.  I remembered to arrow and put the crafter's name on them, but didn't put my own mane on them.  Feel free to do that when you get them.

I keep the pieces in their envelopes and then put each envelope in a zip storage bag.  Thus, I'll collect the stuff to add on, etc.

I can't wait to start altering all of the pieces!

One last thing (for this post), I tend to not open received pieces until mine are in the mail.  It's incentive for me to finish up and the way I do my best to not copy an idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Spices That Speed Up Your Metabolism
Dazzle Her with Diamonds This Holiday
Easy & Festive Holiday Beauty Tutorials
Holiday Makeup Tutorial
How to Do a Classic Red Lip
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...