A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,085
Currently Running With Scissors:
741 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altered Puzzle Pieces - Round 3 Sign-ups CLOSED  (Read 24575 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kriSmith
« Reply #170 on: February 08, 2011 06:33:40 PM »

I too went with steampunk. It's my favorite piece. I did the housewife theme for the second one. I learned valuable lessons on shylitlegoddess's pieces. For newbies-first, don't forget to look at the arrows before you cut and glue. Second, it's not like an atc, you can't throw it away and start over!  Shocked

[/quote]

Shylittlegoddess has some altered ones coming from me also! I thought she had received mine to. lol I think we are both in a hurry for her to get them. If it wont ruin any surprise what themes of hers did you go with? I used her steampunk and goth theme. Surprise shylittlegoddess lol I really liked the way she put two of her small pieces together. Very clever! Smiley
[/quote]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2011 08:52:46 PM »

I started the gallery here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=372591.0

I am still updating the who received and who sent stuff. I finally figured out how to use the label system in CraftsterMail so I keep moving messages to folders. Now I need to go back and read thru all the messages and highlight in colors....

Thanks for the advice on how to do this, shylitle - I peeked at the last 2 Altered Puzzle galleries and copied that method. It looks confusing at first blush - but hopefully all of you will understand it.

And for all of you - those little blank pieces of wood and cardboard are powerful. It's a blank canvas - like an ATC - and the possibilities are endless! I meant to only apply gesso last night and 2 hours later they were finished! So it's good they are fast - or the altering is fast (ish) but it's bad because you can get lost in the altering! HAVE FUN, above all. It is supposed to be fun, remember?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011 08:54:21 PM by Smmarrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - April
Paper & Ephemera Swap - SO 3/07/14
Art Dolls 3 - Sign up NOW!
isabelchun
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2011 12:27:43 AM »

I sent my blanks a few days ago, forgot to say so! I can't wait to start altering them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carinafox5

yes, husband, I spent THAT much at Hobby Lobby 0:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2011 10:51:54 AM »

I have received 2 "blank" sets so far... Unfortunately, until the mailbox structure thaws... I cannot get the door open to my box :/ to know if any others came  LOL! I tried to check the mail this morning... I put my key in and it wouldn't even turn or open!! And, being that it's still only 20-something outside... I am guessing it hasn't yet defrosted. I almost didn't take my little guy to school this morning.. My car was frozen shut from the freezing rain that froze over when the cold front came in. When I woke up at 6... it was 45. By time I went to leave, it was 21 and my car wouldn't open as the doors were frozen/iced shut. I had a heck of a time.. was only able to open 2 of my 4 doors. I was so wishing that I had a fancy car with an auto start like my hubby. And, of course.. he likes to start his and smirk at me to show off! lol Next time, I am taking his Avalanche.. and he can take the family wagon to work! Sorry... got a bit long.. didn't mean to rant. Just a bit annoyed, because they said at noon.. it'll warm up.. no such luck! and I have to leave at 2 to go get my son! grrr! lol But, on the plus side.. I have been busy being artsy-fartsy all morning Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Forget Edward and Jacob...Team Jareth Smiley
http://wists.com/carinafox5
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2011 10:54:23 AM »

I have received 2 "blank" sets so far... Unfortunately, until the mailbox structure thaws... I cannot get the door open to my box :/ to know if any others came  LOL! I tried to check the mail this morning... I put my key in and it wouldn't even turn or open!! And, being that it's still only 20-something outside... I am guessing it hasn't yet defrosted. I almost didn't take my little guy to school this morning.. My car was frozen shut from the freezing rain that froze over when the cold front came in. When I woke up at 6... it was 45. By time I went to leave, it was 21 and my car wouldn't open as the doors were frozen/iced shut. I had a heck of a time.. was only able to open 2 of my 4 doors. I was so wishing that I had a fancy car with an auto start like my hubby. And, of course.. he likes to start his and smirk at me to show off! lol Next time, I am taking his Avalanche.. and he can take the family wagon to work! Sorry... got a bit long.. didn't mean to rant. Just a bit annoyed, because they said at noon.. it'll warm up.. no such luck! and I have to leave at 2 to go get my son! grrr! lol But, on the plus side.. I have been busy being artsy-fartsy all morning Smiley

Try spraying the mailbox with very slightly watered down hand sanitizer. The alcohol in it should help loosen things up.

If you get really desperate, extension cords and a hair dryer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt

« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2011 11:56:05 AM »

I sent my blanks a few days ago, forgot to say so! I can't wait to start altering them!

Please remember to PM me with this kind of info. This is a big swap in terms of sending and receiving and I'd like keep track of everyone's pieces. So, pleeeeeeeaaaaaassss sse let me know when you send, when you receive, when you send back and when you've received altered pieces.

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carinafox5

yes, husband, I spent THAT much at Hobby Lobby 0:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2011 02:12:49 PM »

Try spraying the mailbox with very slightly watered down hand sanitizer. The alcohol in it should help loosen things up.

If you get really desperate, extension cords and a hair dryer!

LOL! Well... the mailbox is down the road! These newer neighborhoods down here have central large boxes that everyone has a little cubby with a keyed door. I dunno what the neighbors would think of me standing out there with my super-duper long extension cord in this crazy windy weather lol! But, I think if I went and started spraying the box.. they may call someone thinking I am messing up something! lol It is now 32 degrees F outside... thinkin' even though it isn't thawed.. perhaps, it's magically unstuck?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Forget Edward and Jacob...Team Jareth Smiley
http://wists.com/carinafox5
kriSmith
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2011 03:57:52 PM »

Holy cow! I received Shelina's puzzle pieces today.  Shocked  They are ginormous! I can't wait to see her finished wall art. I got one done. They are a little more challenging then I thought they would be. I'll put on my thinking cap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
isabelchun
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2011 10:38:38 PM »

Please remember to PM me with this kind of info. This is a big swap in terms of sending and receiving and I'd like keep track of everyone's pieces. So, pleeeeeeeaaaaaassss sse let me know when you send, when you receive, when you send back and when you've received altered pieces.

Thanks.

Yeah I was wondering about that, but I didn't see any PMs from my partners so I wasn't sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt

« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2011 11:56:16 PM »

Thanks.

Yeah I was wondering about that, but I didn't see any PMs from my partners so I wasn't sure

Maybe people are sending PMs to me only? Please send to me and the person or persons you are sending to - I am trying to keep up with all the info - there's lots of info in this swap. I'm an info-aholic! An info-bi$%^. An infaddict?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011 11:57:40 PM by Smmarrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Raku Style Firing with Horse Hair
Finished Pieces from the Kiln - Two Little Jars
How to Throw a Large Platter
How to make a Raku Vase
How to Decorate with Slip
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...